[Recovery] Official TWRP for the OnePlus 3T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zige

May 24, 2012
Helsinki
Nothing Phone 1
what happens if you "fastboot flash recovery twrp-yaddayadda.img" and then use volume buttons to chosse "recovery mode" and then confirm with power button?
Same, just black screen with notify led on. I though maybe wipe all and set everything back would help but no. I have been on custom rom world for many years but event seen anything like this. I have seen some reports with same bug @ RR rom threads.. But can it be rom which is causing it? Its sound funny...

For report used EXT4 until changed back F2FS yesterday because it didnt matter which one i used.

Last edited:

mad-murdock

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
Same, just black screen with notify led on. I though maybe wipe all and set everything back would help but no. I have been on custom rom world for many years but event seen anything like this. I have seen some reports with same bug @ RR rom threads.. But can it be rom which is causing it? Its sound funny...

For report used EXT4 until changed back F2FS yesterday because it didnt matter which one i used.

First of all, I am also in custom ROM scene forever. So I understand you, but you cannot really blame anyone except hardware got more complicated. F2fs could be blamed maybe, but I am sure, in some months that will be stable, too. I personally stay with ext 4 for so long, but f2fs can work, too.

Back to your problem. I also saw some RR people here with similar issues. It is possible that the kernel of your ROM somehow does something differently and therefore breaks compatibility. Did you try accessing the recovery with ADB so you can provide logs to eventually fix this?

On your ROM thread, you could ask the dev, what f2fs patches and crypto libraries exactly he uses. And provide logs.

Last edited:

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com

funny how many people are saying this issue exists but no one is willing to give me any logs from pstore, maybe i'll just pretend this problem doesn't exist and go on my way

phoenixg36

Jul 29, 2008
OnePlus 9
hi, I'm on the last test5 version and oos 4.0.2 with ext4 and pin for decryption.

I have no problem to enter twrp and this is the first version with is possible to decrypt with pin :cowboy:

c_86

Jul 16, 2011
Canada
www.cmsrm.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Now I'm having issues.

I have never had issues.

I'm was running the 3.0.3.0 build. Refused to go into recovery. Flashed 3.0.3.1 loaded fine. Flashed the 21jan RR build, went fine.

Now I'm trying to get back into recovery and it's asking for a password. I have tried the unified beta 5. Same thing. Tried the 3.0.3.1 same thing.

I do not have any password set on reboot other then my fingerprint.

So I'm stuck. No idea what to do.

Help?

mad-murdock

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
I'm was running the 3.0.3.0 build. Refused to go into recovery. Flashed 3.0.3.1 loaded fine. Flashed the 21jan RR build, went fine.

Now I'm trying to get back into recovery and it's asking for a password. I have tried the unified beta 5. Same thing. Tried the 3.0.3.1 same thing.

Look just 2 posts above yours. Or a few posts above that. Reading helps.

Reactions: nvertigo67

EuEra

Jan 5, 2015
What's the best way to install the newest version of twrp when i already have twrp installed?

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
Now I'm having issues.

I have never had issues.

I do not have any password set on reboot other then my fingerprint.

So I'm stuck. No idea what to do.

Help?

Log or it didnt happen

B3501

Mar 4, 2015
OK let's say u do that. I can Guarantee there is quite a few on here that don't know how to do adb/fastboot. They want the easier way and what happens if the easier way and be used but only adb/fastboot.
People shouldn't be on here if they don't know how to use fastboot, although I think you're right .

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
People shouldn't be on here if they don't know how to use fastboot, although I think you're right .

I'm not really saying there isn't anything wrong with using twrp, but I seen many times that users don't know adb/fastboot is something goes wrong using the twrp method. For me I use adb fastboot for flashing TWRP. No reason to rush flashing something. Wait to get home and flash then if something goes wrong u can be there to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts