• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Recovery]Official TWRP for TicWatch Pro

Search This thread

TingyiChen

May 28, 2016
Huanggang
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP3.x for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
Download : TWRP For Catfish
Source Device Tree: Device Tree For Building TWRP

Last edited:
Reactions: paolocorpo

careloads

Jun 9, 2017
I have been out of the custom recovery world too long and never tried on a watch before. Trying to flash twrp on my new TW Pro (H) so I can flash janjans rom. Have ADB and drivers (windows 7), have twrp.img ready.

cmd prompt not recognizing adb command. Cant remember how to proceed...how to open fasboot, unlock bootloader.

I know im missing something simple but stuck. Can anyone help jumpstart me?

Update: Got twrp installed after flailing about for awhile. Bottom line, operator error.

Last edited:

haplohaplo

Feb 24, 2008
This may be the wrong place to post, but I can't seem to find my issue anywhere and I'm getting a little desperate.

I'm Stuck! Accidentally deleted 'system' int twrp when deleting data for a reset for the watch. Now no OS installed and computer doesn't want to recognize the ticwatch pro through usb (directly attached to dock and then usb to windows 10). I'm not sure it's a driver issue because it should at least be recognized in device manager as 'unknown' but nothing is showing. I now only have bootloader and twrp recovery on my watch. I have everything I need to reinstall the os, but without a way to connect to the watch I can't move the files to the watch to flash it, nor can I connect through usb to push them over! I'm stuck! I'm missing something simple I'm sure, but I don't know what? I just want a way to connect the watch from it's dock to windows 10 through usb cable from watch dock. Then I'm good to go. But I can't.

HELP Please!

careloads

Jun 9, 2017
This may be the wrong place to post, but I can't seem to find my issue anywhere and I'm getting a little desperate.

I'm Stuck! Accidentally deleted 'system' int twrp when deleting data for a reset for the watch. Now no OS installed and computer doesn't want to recognize the ticwatch pro through usb (directly attached to dock and then usb to windows 10). I'm not sure it's a driver issue because it should at least be recognized in device manager as 'unknown' but nothing is showing. I now only have bootloader and twrp recovery on my watch. I have everything I need to reinstall the os, but without a way to connect to the watch I can't move the files to the watch to flash it, nor can I connect through usb to push them over! I'm stuck! I'm missing something simple I'm sure, but I don't know what? I just want a way to connect the watch from it's dock to windows 10 through usb cable from watch dock. Then I'm good to go. But I can't.

HELP Please!
Did you try running fastboot from bootloader? Also maybe try sideload the rom from twrp, that worked for me.

Kellicros

Nov 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

HELP Please!

That is probably a faulty USB cable, try a different cable or a different PC, Windows 10 should recognize your watch automatically and if you have generic adb drivers previously installed, it should work.

You may also try to manually install the drivers from here:
https://www.xda-developers.com/where-to-download-android-usb-drivers/

haplohaplo

Feb 24, 2008
That is probably a faulty USB cable, try a different cable or a different PC, Windows 10 should recognize your watch automatically and if you have generic adb drivers previously installed, it should work.

Thanks. I've tried three different chargers (though I'm not sure if the other two that I bought are actually capable of transmitting data) and three different computers. I ordered a new charger that says it is able to transmit data, so hopefully when that arrives it will work. Makes no sense to me that I can get into bootloader and twrp and yet not see the watch in device manager.

haplohaplo

Feb 24, 2008

Thanks for the reply. I've got 4 different chargers (including the oem one) two of the additional ones I have state they are capable of data sync. I've tried them on 3 different computers and the watch doesn't not show in device manager, recognized or otherwise. I just can't see this as a cable issue, but I don't know what else to think. I just received the newest sync cable I ordered the other day (now my fourth) and still nothing. I'm stuck. If it would at least show in device manager then it would only be a matter of drivers, but it doesn't. Seems a little odd to me that it stopped when I accidentally deleted the OS. The OS isn't even required for bootloader or TWRP and both of those load on the watch. I can't figure it out and I opened a repair ticket with Mobvoi a few days ago, but there has been no response yet. So frustrating!

Kellicros

Nov 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the reply. I've got 4 different chargers (including the oem one) two of the additional ones I have state they are capable of data sync. I've tried them on 3 different computers and the watch doesn't not show in device manager, recognized or otherwise. I just can't see this as a cable issue, but I don't know what else to think. I just received the newest sync cable I ordered the other day (now my fourth) and still nothing. I'm stuck. If it would at least show in device manager then it would only be a matter of drivers, but it doesn't. Seems a little odd to me that it stopped when I accidentally deleted the OS. The OS isn't even required for bootloader or TWRP and both of those load on the watch. I can't figure it out and I opened a repair ticket with Mobvoi a few days ago, but there has been no response yet. So frustrating!
You deleted the OS? What do you mean by that? Is the watch still working on its own?
Sounds to me like a faulty connector, I would send it back if it is still under warranty.

haplohaplo

Feb 24, 2008
I wiped the system folder by mistake. I got click happy when doing an advanced wipe. My fat thumbs ticked the system folder. So no OS installed now. Just bootloader and TWRP. But since the watch isn't recognized by any PC on any of the 4 cables I have, I can't move a Rom on to it to flash it. Nor can I push one over on adb as neither fastboot in bootloader or adb in TWRP see the watch. Not a driver issue since I've tried every one I could find and because device manager doesn't see the watch at all, know or unknown.

ChesterXDA

Apr 20, 2019
I wiped the system folder by mistake. I got click happy when doing an advanced wipe. My fat thumbs ticked the system folder. So no OS installed now. Just bootloader and TWRP. But since the watch isn't recognized by any PC on any of the 4 cables I have, I can't move a Rom on to it to flash it. Nor can I push one over on adb as neither fastboot in bootloader or adb in TWRP see the watch. Not a driver issue since I've tried every one I could find and because device manager doesn't see the watch at all, know or unknown.

Try 1. Flash boot.img via fastboot
2. Reboot and connect, check via adb if it's detected
3. Install via sideload ROM
(adb sideload file.zip)

haplohaplo

Feb 24, 2008
This issue was that I couldn't connect with fastboot at all. That being said, it turns out the problem was with the watch itself. Mobvoi, replaced the watch with a brand new one free of charge so it's all good now.

sasko123

Sep 21, 2014
Hello, what would I need to do in order to port this to the TicWatch Pro 2020? The hardware is almost identical, except it has more RAM, the codename is catfish_ext. I have an unlocked bootloader and tried to boot this recovery, but I get FAILED (remote: 'dtb not found').

EDIT: Nevermind, I have found that the recovery for the 4G EU verison also works with mine. Here is the link to a working image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XNejRoLecLeadEj1CAW_zrTUP5bkUJZ8/view?usp=sharing

And here is the original source: https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/rom-kernel-t3821013

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP3.x for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    Download : TWRP For Catfish
    Source Device Tree: Device Tree For Building TWRP
    What's the command to install this?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    fastboot oem unlock
    fastboot flash recovery ***.img