Update March 23, 2019: I'd like to apologize to everyone. It looks like I am not going to be able to actively keep this thread updated like I used to. I have had too much going on at home an work and it doesn't look like it's going to settle down any time soon. The thread is still usable so I will leave it open for discussion.
Team Win Recovery Project
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, fires, rigged elections,
* specks of dusk sitting on cursors, cursors that mock you--waiting for cursor
* revenge, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarms failed
* and you could not call in.
* Please ensure you have an advanced understanding of this device before
* flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications or your own free will.
This is the first official
build of TWRP for the Motorola Moto G6 (ALI)!
- Decryption is finicky: Currently only vold decryption is working. This image must be flashed to properly decrypt. Updates may cause issues with decryption.
- If you format data (Not just factory reset) after decrypting you must reboot into recovery and format again.
- If you are unable to unlock your phone after restoring a data backup that had a lock code on it (and TWRP is able to decrypt using default password) you'll need remove the '/data/system/locksettings.db' while in TWRP. After that you should be able to reboot into Android and set a lock code. If you cannot then please use this thread as a guide and try again. Bascially you just delete more, however I was able to boot after just deleting the one file with a pattern set (Maybe random luck, maybe not)
If you have any other issues please let me know and I'll work toward fixing them! AS ALWAYS, IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU USE THIS SOFTWARE
ALI's Changelog: Post #2
Download: twrp.me Download
Unofficial Download (updated more often): twrp-v3.2.3-unofficial-ali-20181110.img
- I have just noticed some odd behaviour if you input an incorrect decryption password/pattern/etc in twrp. It can cause an issue while entering the lockscreen password/pattern/etc while booting up. Under normal circumstances these two are the same, hence why restoring can also cause a similar issue, though that one is easily fixable. The onIy way to clear the decryption pass is to format. I am unsure at the moment what is causing this, but clearly it has something to do with the decryption. At this time I'd say it'd be best to remove your current lockscreen password/pattern/etc before booting into twrp to avoid this issue. A possible work-around would be to reboot to twrp, enter the correct password, back up your data, format (reboot to twrp and format again), then restore your backup (and possibly need to delete the '/data/system/locksettings.db' file. Your data would still exist that way. I am going to work to fix this asap and maybe see if I can get another build without decryption made for official use for now.
- Flashing zips that require BusyBox will not work with the official version right now. I've built an unofficial version to use until a new official build is triggered.
Simple Installation Method:
1) boot to fastboot
2) fastboot flash recovery <twrp-image-name>.img
Other instructions are available on the Official download page. It's up to you to backup your factory recovery first if you wish to have a backup: Post #3
Thanks to the TWRP team and everyone who has put in effort to make these things possible!
- Wonderful advice and guidance
@ Everyone at github
@ XDA and the people who provided TWRP compiling threads
If I've forgotten someone who you think needs mention please let me know!
* This page will continue to be edited as more information comes
[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL] TWRP v3.2.3 [2018-10-20], Tool/Utility for the Moto G6
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_motorola_ali
Current Stable Version:
Stable Release Date:
Current Beta Version:
Beta Release Date: