- Nov 1, 2012
*** Disclamer * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
WARNING: The stock boot image has dm-verity, which prevents you from booting if you swipe to enable system modifications!
SOLUTION: Flash a root such as SuperSU or phh-superuser. You can also flash no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip.
Supported Models :
TP450 & MP450 & LGM470
YOUR BOOTLOADER MUST BE UNLOCKED
-If you have problems with the device drivers installed , you will need to install lg bridge, you can download it from here:
How to flash Twrp:
BOOT INTO FASTBOOT MODE:
With your phone off, connect your usb cable to your phone while holding VOLUME DOWN to boot into fastboot mode or just type [adb reboot bootloader] in the adb terminal
ONCE YOU ARE IN FASTBOOT MODE:
Open a command prompt and type "fastboot flash recovery <path_to_recovery.img>” without the quotation marks.
Example: fastboot flash recovery C:/Users/John/Desktop/recovery.img
[don't forget to extract the downloaded recovery zip to get the recovery.img]
WHEN THE FLASH COMPLETES: (Takes about 2 seconds)
On your phone, unplug the usb cable and power it off by taking out the battery and putting it back in.
BOOT INTO RECOVERY MODE FOR THE FIRST TIME
HOLD VOLUME DOWN + POWER until you see the LG logo and then temporarily release the POWER button, immediately pressing and holding it back down until you see the white prompt [factory reset] screen. You will NEVER release the volume down button in this process!
Use the hard keys to select "YES" and then "YES" again to boot into TWRP
Notice: After the TWRP splash screen you will see the option to type in the password to decrypt the filesystem just ignore it and press the cancel button.
How to Disable encryption and flash super su [Root Your Device]:
1. In TWRP, go to Wipe > Format Data. Enter the keyword ‘yes‘, in the provided space and enter. This will wipe the automatically encrypted filesystem, and decrypt it.
2. Once the wiping is done, reboot back into recovery. Go to Reboot > Recovery.
3. When the recovery boots again, connect your phone to the PC and Enable MTP under the Mount section.
4. Transfer the downloaded ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-**.zip’ and ‘SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip to your internal storage or EXTSD
5. Disconnect the device now.
6. Tap on Install. Now, navigate your phone’s storage and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-**.zip’. Finally swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button on the bottom of the screen.
7. The flashing process will merely take a few seconds. And when it’s done, follow the same method to flash the root package – SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip [/B]
Wait 1 or 2 minutes after the zip files are done flashing then reboot system and PROFIT! Your phone may take 3-5 minutes to boot the first time and it might boot-loop once or twice at the Metro PCS splash screen but don’t worry this is expected.
SuperSU stable by Chainfire
dm-verity and force encryption disabler
[Please do not mirror the downloads]
Credits: Me, Teamwin, my tester @ghet2rockuu
Please note I don't own this device, lg didn't release the stock firmware yet, spend a lot of my time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from. make sure to hit the thanks button and consider to donate if you appreciate my work
Paypal donation link: https://paypal.me/messi2050