[RECOVERY][on7xelte] TWRP 3.3.0 for Galaxy J7 Prime

Search This thread

antonini44354

Dec 7, 2015
Greetings! I have here the g610y which only runs 6.0.1 marshmallow. Is it possible to install it still with the lastest version of twrp? And if so, do I still need to install no-verify or not? Another thing, how can I install this under linux, since afaik linux doesn't have odin, instead it uses heimdall. Also is sdcard mounting now working?

Have you succeeded with jodin3? If you did, please, explain me all the steps that you followed, from when the phone is connected up to when it's disconnect from the PC. I just installed jodin3.

Also, I would like to know which version of TWRP is able to actually mount the SD card, and ideally, OTG. USB drives.

Last edited:

Aarif14092004

Apr 13, 2020
Stuck at Recovery booting

Bro,I tried to do it,it went all good but after flashing TWRP I cannot boot to recovery mode,I just got stuck at "RECOVERY BOOTING..........".but i tried to flashing again and again but it is of no use same problem occured but i can reboot to system.The only problem is that I cannot boot to recovery.

plz help me find a solution for this
Thanks in advance!

D

Deleted member 8095861

Bro,I tried to do it,it went all good but after flashing TWRP I cannot boot to recovery mode,I just got stuck at "RECOVERY BOOTING..........".but i tried to flashing again and again but it is of no use same problem occured but i can reboot to system.The only problem is that I cannot boot to recovery.

plz help me find a solution for this
Thanks in advance!
Which Twrp version did you try???

Aarif14092004

Apr 13, 2020
TWRP 3.2.3

Which Twrp version did you try???

I used twrp 3.2.3 but it is of no use.Before using that i flashed some other one like "cf auto root " like something from one of xda forums.then also same issue occured.The main problem with my device is that my device is samsung SM-G6100 with snapdragon 625 but the operating system installed is of "SAMSUNG SM-G610F" so I tried it flashing with cf auto root of samsung j7 prime SM-G610F then it said unsupported dev type then I observed my product name in download saying SM-G6100 then I switched to your forum and downloaded the twrp 3.2.3 link given and tried tHen i got that issue.

antonini44354

Dec 7, 2015
Odin gets stuck.

Once I hit Start, Odin stops. Itr has stopped either at "SetupConnection" or "Get PIT for mapping". My environment is a Linux Mint PC, running Windows 10 witn VirtualBox. and a SM-G610M phone It doesn't continued for up to 3 minutes. so I gve up that try.

For the time being, I cant get my hands on a Windows PC to see if it workd.

xdenama

Dec 8, 2009
After format data, all file deleted, how to install no-verity-opt-encrypt (also delete) save in internal storage. External storage can't read.

Canhkhoi

Account currently disabled
Sep 17, 2018
Hanoi
Thanks for ur post

First thanks @DarkLord1731
1. Factory reset your phone
2. Enable developers option
3. In developers option enable oem unlock
4. Power off your device
5. Enter in download mode
6. Flash recovery through odin
7. Reboot into recovery (volume up + Home + power)
8. Format data
9. Athanksttach with pc and transfer SuperSu.zip in internel memory
10. Fla**** and restart enjoy your device rooted
My device G610l
Thanks for your reply, my devices was G160L and i dont know will it work on G610L so thank you very much ?

shi-no_tenshi

Mar 4, 2019
SM-G610Y Compatible?

Hello, does this work on the G610Y running android 6.0.1? I would like to know please :)

Regards,
shi-no_tenshi

AbdullahTrees

Feb 2, 2017
Redmi Note 9
I wanna root too... but....

Does it support SM-G610F 8.1.0 after the April 2020 security patch?

Hey hey hey! I use the same phone too, I just want to be sure before installing... will installing TWRP trip KNOX? It sounds like tripping KNOX is a very bad thing: I don't have the warranty anymore, so I don't care about that, but I do definitely care if I lose future OTA updates or lose access to samsung apps...

D

Deleted member 8095861

Hey hey hey! I use the same phone too, I just want to be sure before installing... will installing TWRP trip KNOX? It sounds like tripping KNOX is a very bad thing: I don't have the warranty anymore, so I don't care about that, but I do definitely care if I lose future OTA updates or lose access to samsung apps...

This j7 prime was released in 2016 and with old Oreo firmware and no major future updates for sure even a small security patches are very unlikely to happen.
If you are satisfied, you can still use the phone but if you want to try and experience custom built roms based on higher android versions, its better to flash TWRP and do that.
And yeah it does tripps samsung KNOX, Knox is basically a security mechanism for samsung phones. Tripping it You'll lose access to Samsung apps that rely on Knox security .i.e. samsung pay, etc.
In conclusion: If you are satisfied with your old phone, just use as it is. But if you are bored of seeing the same old phone with same old software without any chance of future updates, you can just flash TWRP and tweak the looks and performance or just replace the whole firmware.
But if you have a newer phone models with a chance Of future OTA updates and if you use apps like samsung pay, then don't flash TWRP.

Maahu

Jan 11, 2018
My internal storage shows 0mb....
Plz hlp...:cry:
Using j7 prime g610f

Last edited:

Alphazeph

Feb 18, 2015
My internal storage shows 0mb....
Plz hlp...:cry:
Using j7 prime g610
Backup ur data , go to recovery , go to wipe them format data (this will wipe all ur data except ur current ROM ) After formatting , ur internal storage will show the space , u can connect to a pc and transfer ROM files and gapps at twrp scene only if u want to install ROM or u have to flash disable DM Verity file to prevent the phone from encrypting again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project

https%3A%2F%2Ftwrp.me%2Fimages%2Fhome.png
    https%3A%2F%2Ftwrp.me%2Fimages%2Fbackupname.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Disclaimer:
    - Please read the whole main post & related ones before proceed and follow the guide as it is wrote. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
    - Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox TZ Features. It can't be reset in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
    - Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via our Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs (device variant and logcat).
    - If you like my work please hit the "Thanks" button to support me. You're also free to donate me via my donation link here in XDA.

Installation:
    - Download Odin3 v3.13.1, Samsung USB Drivers, latest TWRP's tar for your variant, latest no-verity-opt-encrypt zip and copy all of them to your internal storage.
    - Go to Settings App, Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock (If you don't see Developer Setings, go into About phone>Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer Options menu).
    - Do a backup of all your important data and files in your phone.
    - Shutdown the phone. Once it's off, Power it On in Download Mode (Press and hold Vol DOWN and Power buttons together )
    - Open Odin3, go in Option section and untick "Auto-reboot". Once that click the "AP" button and select the TWRP tar you downloaded before, then press the "Start" button.
    - Once Odin3 finished to flash the recovery (you should see a "PASS" message), force reboot your phone (Press and hold Power and Vol - buttons together) and once the screen is off, press and hold Power and Vol + buttons together to boot in TWRP.
    - Once TWRP is booted you first need to decrypt your /data partition. To do so touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.
    - Once it finished go back at the home screen and touch Reboot>Recovery. TWRP should be able to mount your data partition. Now flash the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip you downloaded before (touch Install and select each zip to flash it)
    - You're now able to reboot to your OS without re-encrypting /data partition .

Download:
    TWRP 3.3.0 (taking down due to a bug, will fix and upload asap)
    TWRP 3.2.3

Previous Builds:

Bugs:
    Cannot mount External SD Card in TWRP

Changelog:
    17 April, 2019 (TWRP 3.3.0)
    • Updated to TWRP 3.3.0.
    • Read full changelog over here and here.
    Credits:
    - Samsung Open Source Centre for kernel source code
    - TeamWin for their awesome recovery
    Updated TWRP

CHANGELOG
    - Updated to TWRP 3.2.2
    - Expanded available languages
    - Proper support for the adb backup feature
    - NTFS support fixes
    - Other minor updates
    TWRP 3.2.3 Released

Changelog: