[RECOVERY][OneUI-2.5][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.4.0_10.0 For Samsung M51 - Final

Search This thread

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
*** WARNING ***
This version of TWRP is not compatible with Samsung android 11 (OneUI 3.1) release and it won't work if you have updated your phone to that android version

If you need more detailed steps of what do then wait for my complete guide
I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICKED YOUR DEVICE BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL NEWBIE

This is recovery won't get further updates or support

Bugs
-Userdata decryption is not working so you should use an external SD or USB OTG for putting ZIPs and IMGs on it in order to flash them

How to Install
1. Unlock your bootloader
2. Boot to Odin mode
3. Check AP box and select TWRP tar file
3. Hit start
4. Have fun

Download
TWRP 3.4.0_10 - Stable 1

Sources
TWRP device tree: https://github.com/Lehkeda/android_device_samsung_m51_pbrp/tree/android-10_pbrp/
Kernel source: https://github.com/Lehkeda/android_kernel_samsung_m51/tree/ten

Attachments

• Screenshot_1970-02-25-20-28-38.png
    Screenshot_1970-02-25-20-28-38.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 287
  • Screenshot_1970-02-25-20-34-34.png
    Screenshot_1970-02-25-20-34-34.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 286
  • Screenshot_1970-02-25-20-35-07.png
    Screenshot_1970-02-25-20-35-07.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 246
  • Screenshot_1970-02-25-20-35-09.png
    Screenshot_1970-02-25-20-35-09.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Screenshot_1970-02-25-20-35-30.png
    Screenshot_1970-02-25-20-35-30.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 231
  • Screenshot_1970-02-25-20-35-14.png
    Screenshot_1970-02-25-20-35-14.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Change Log:

Stable 1 - 19th of December 2020

- Fix MTP
- Fix data partition mounting
- Fix system image flashing

Beta 2 - 16th of December 2020
- Fix ADB
- Fix mounting partitions (Except userdata)
- Fix navigation bar
- Fix CPU temperature
- Add reboot to download mode

Beta 1 - 12th of December 2020
- Initial Release

Last edited:
Reactions: freedmm

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
F.A.Q
How to mount system root to flash ZIPs and other stuff?

-Go to Advanced > terminal
-Type "mkdir /system_root"
-Type "mount /dev/block/mapper/system /system_root"

How to mount data partition?
-Go to Advanced > terminal
-Type "mount /dev/block/by-name/userdata /data"

Last edited:

bekirakil

May 27, 2020
That was the best i could do. Data mounting is not working because of encryption. I couldn't find the key directory of the encryption. But you can flash from external sd.

Attachments

• twrp_3.4.0_10.0.zip
    29 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:

onurmemo77

Jul 28, 2015
Hello. Backup, Restore, running smoothly? Can I back up without problems? Thank you very much, thank you.

bekirakil

May 27, 2020
Can you give me your email please? I need your help at my project. Maybe you can help. (Sorry for my bad english i'm german :D )

Camack

Mar 31, 2018
Portland
The userdata decryption bug, does that mean it can't access the phone's storage in TWRP?

Last edited:

swiftez

Apr 17, 2018
@LahKeda After installing TWRP and flashing Magisk, do I need to press power and volume up button every time I restart the phone to have Magisk root or can I boot it normally without pressing anything?

Last edited:

Camack

Mar 31, 2018
Portland
@LahKeda After installing TWRP and flashing Magisk, do I need to press power and volume up button every time I restart the phone to have Magisk root or can I boot it normally without pressing anything?
+1 would like to know too as the current root method patching boot.img with Magisk, you have to press power and volume up every time you restart the phone to keep root.

Reactions: sfairmm

Affangta

Oct 7, 2013
Multan
Thanks for the recovery. I have a question. Can I simply flash this via odin (no stock firmware download required) and it will work? I'm asking because in the other twrp thread there is a requirement of downloading and flashing stock firmware. The firmware for my region hasn't released yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** WARNING ***
    This version of TWRP is not compatible with Samsung android 11 (OneUI 3.1) release and it won't work if you have updated your phone to that android version

If you need more detailed steps of what do then wait for my complete guide
    I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICKED YOUR DEVICE BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL NEWBIE

This is recovery won't get further updates or support

Bugs
    -Userdata decryption is not working so you should use an external SD or USB OTG for putting ZIPs and IMGs on it in order to flash them

How to Install
    1. Unlock your bootloader
    2. Boot to Odin mode
    3. Check AP box and select TWRP tar file
    3. Hit start
    4. Have fun

Download
    TWRP 3.4.0_10 - Stable 1

Sources
    TWRP device tree: https://github.com/Lehkeda/android_device_samsung_m51_pbrp/tree/android-10_pbrp/
    Kernel source: https://github.com/Lehkeda/android_kernel_samsung_m51/tree/ten
    Hi, I'm pretty new to odin and Samsung in general; I've a few questions:
    1. Does twrp files like the one available in OP firmware independent? For example, if one is running on November 2020 firmware and can flash twrp, can the same file be directly flashed to a phone running, say April 2021 firmware (assuming there were full OTAs in-between)?

If no, do we have to flash a certain full firmware, and then flash twrp?

2. Extended question : if one patches the boot image via magisk to get root, can the boot image be flashed to phones on newer firmware, if latest full firmware has not been rolled out? Or they have to be compatible and thus the phone has to be downgraded to the last full firmware version and have a corresponding boot image flashed?

Sorry for the long questions but I could find nothing about this anywhere. Thanks :)
    1.Twrp is fully independent of whatever firmware you have installed on your phone.
    2. It depends on the android version that's included in the firmware you have installed.
    For example if the patched boot image was for android 10 them it won't work with android 11
    Change Log:

Stable 1 - 19th of December 2020

- Fix MTP
    - Fix data partition mounting
    - Fix system image flashing

Beta 2 - 16th of December 2020
    - Fix ADB
    - Fix mounting partitions (Except userdata)
    - Fix navigation bar
    - Fix CPU temperature
    - Add reboot to download mode

Beta 1 - 12th of December 2020
    - Initial Release
    +1 would like to know too as the current root method patching boot.img with Magisk, you have to press power and volume up every time you restart the phone to keep root.
    Thanks for the recovery. I have a question. Can I simply flash this via odin (no stock firmware download required) and it will work? I'm asking because in the other twrp thread there is a requirement of downloading and flashing stock firmware. The firmware for my region hasn't released yet.
    Yes, no need to flash stock firmware at all.