[RECOVERY] ORANGEFOX R11.0 for OnePlus 5 & 5T (Unofficial, Official soon)

Search This thread

Maitreya29

Sep 7, 2020
OrangeFox Recovery
Replace TWRP with OrangeFox once and you won't go back
Last update: 22 November 2020. Build 2
Changelog:
- Updated Magisk to 21.1 (now clicking install magisk after rom installation will install magisk 21.1)
- Update Magisk uninstaller to latest build
- fixed a bug where some people couldn't use flashlight option inside recovery
- fastened things up for faster installations and backup
- minor bug fixes
Contents:
  1. Overview
  2. Why OrangeFox?
  3. Features
  4. Screenshots
  5. Links
  6. Installation procedure
OVERVIEW:
  • Probably the most beautiful recovery out there.
  • Synced with the latest Teamwin changes.
  • Designed with latest Material design 2 guidelines.
  • Included customization.
  • Inbuilt patches, like Magisk and password reset patch.
  • Password protection.
  • Fully open-source.
  • Frequently updated.
Why OrangeFox?
OrangeFox has been operating for over two years. In that time OrangeFox have improved the quality, stability, and device support of the recovery. Today OrangeFox is the leader in stability, UI design, and UX. Installing OrangeFox means being with the latest code and fastest fixes.

:good: Treble & Non-Treble Support
:good: No compatibility.zip error while flashing OxygenOS
:good: A lot of customisations
:good: Extremely beautiful UI ready to please your eyes.
:good: Dev team is always ready to fix your problems
:good: F2FS support

There were previously 10.1 builds for these devices for these devices and this is how current build is different from them:
  1. New, more modern UI.
  2. Fixed F2FS support
  3. Upstreamed to R11
  4. and many more...
Note: Official soon :) I've applied for it.

Screenshots
Screenshots at https://imgur.com/a/Ai8KWX9 and on Sourceforge

Links:
Support group: https://t.me/orangefoxop5t
Download: https://github.com/Maitreya29/OrangeFox-OnePlus-5-T/releases

Installation procedure:
There are two methods to install OrangeFox

A) Via a recovery (for those with TWRP installed):
1. To install an OrangeFox zip, flash it with OrangeFox (or any TWRP-compatible custom recovery) without any wipes.
2. Do the same thing if you want to upgrade OrangeFox
3. When you flash an OrangeFox zip, there is no need to flash any DFE or any other such thing
4.To install an OrangeFox img file, boot into fastboot mode, and run the command: fastboot flash recovery OrangeFox-xyz.img

B) Via Fastboot (For those without a recovery):
You need a PC for this. If you do not have a PC, or access to a PC, then you are stuck!

1. Unlock your bootloader (if not already unlocked)
2. Install adb, fastboot and the relevant USB drivers onto your PCs)
3. Download the correct OrangeFox zip file to your phone, and to your PC
4. Extract recovery.img from the OrangeFox zip file, and copy recovery.img to your PC’s adb directory
5. Reboot your phone into fastboot/bootloader mode
6. Open up a command line window / terminal emulator on your PC
7. Change to the adb directory on your PC
8. Flash OrangeFox Recovery by using the fastboot flash recovery recovery.img command
9. Reboot into OrangeFox by pressing the power + volume down keys, until you see the OrangeFox splash screen
11. After OrangeFox has booted up, check that everything is working – eg, that it has mounted the data partition successfully, and that the touchscreen works.
12. Find and select the OrangeFox zip on your phone, tap on it, and swipe to install it (because OrangeFox Recovery needs some files from the zip)
After installation, the phone will automatically reboot into OrangeFox
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Maitreya29

Sep 7, 2020
Changelog:
- Updated Magisk to 21.1 (now clicking install magisk after rom installation will install magisk 21.1)
- minor bug fixes

Reactions: jotha.dx

Maitreya29

Sep 7, 2020
Changelog:
- minor bug fixes

Reactions: jotha.dx

deneimainoob

Jan 28, 2015
Athens
Hello, does password encryption work with Android 11? Do you know or I should try and let you know? Recovery seems very nice. First time I changed from TWRP and I think I'll stay. Good Job!!
Edit: I know it says "Password Protection" in the main post. What I meant is can it decrypt with password?

Mr.Conkel

Oct 10, 2020
London
Nexus 7 (2013)
Hello, does password encryption work with Android 11? Do you know or I should try and let you know? Recovery seems very nice. First time I changed from TWRP and I think I'll stay. Good Job!!
Edit: I know it says "Password Protection" in the main post. What I meant is can it decrypt with password?

I have not tried it with a pin code but for me pattern encryption works it decrypts your device just fine.

Maitreya29

Sep 7, 2020
I wanted to mention that when fully customizing the recovery things can get really laggy making it difficult to use. I can't exactly tell the setting I had because I set everything to default for fluidity. However please work on the speed and smoothness!

Appreciate the work.
Did you try rebooting into the recovery after you customised? I should also point out the recovery doesn't utilise a phone's complete power. It's limited so there are always no animations and everything feels sudden, that's a limitation for twrp Ofox and everything else I've used.

Reactions: Mr.Conkel

Mr.Conkel

Oct 10, 2020
London
Nexus 7 (2013)
Did you try rebooting into the recovery after you customised? I should also point out the recovery doesn't utilise a phone's complete power. It's limited so there are always no animations and everything feels sudden, that's a limitation for twrp Ofox and everything else I've used.

Well yes, of course. Everything seems to work fine after a few minutes but still very laggy at start and that can be a bit annoying for things like pattern lock and such. I'm not runny any customizations as of now things work good.

Reactions: Maitreya29

Mr.Conkel

Oct 10, 2020
London
Nexus 7 (2013)
Only patterns work on Android 11. That's normal

I wanted to consult your team and members about a possible OrangeFox Recovery and a Rom A10 or A11 for a seperate device not OnePlus 5T. If you are interested, Pm me. Or message me on Telegram @MrConkel Payment is available for this project but is very limited. More details can be discussed after you pm or message me. Appreciate your time..

Barkuti

Jul 22, 2006
Alhama de Murcia
Hello!
Received an Oneplus 5T from China a few days ago, (still) running OxygenOS 9.0.9 A5010_43_191008. Gonna install some custom ROM as usual, so just unlocked its bootloader.
Saw this post about OrangeFox recovery, and considering what I've been reading in the [OFFICIAL][RECOVERY] [TWRP] TWRP for OnePlus 5T thread I feel like I'm going to put my faith in this recovery.
I have a question, though. According to what I read in the TWRP thread, the custom recovery gets killed by the stock ROMs. Is this serious?
37.gif
Just
s017.gif
curiosity. I guess that means I should straight install my custom ROM of choice just after the recovery, period.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, by the way.

P.S.: Just saw there's a more recent thread about this recovery, [RECOVERY] [OFFICIAL] OrangeFox Recovery for OnePlus 5T. Will more properly repost this there, sry.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OrangeFox Recovery
    Replace TWRP with OrangeFox once and you won't go back
    Changelog:
    - minor bug fixes
    Contents:
    1. Overview
    2. Why OrangeFox?
    3. Features
    4. Screenshots
    5. Links
    6. Installation procedure
    OVERVIEW:
    • Probably the most beautiful recovery out there.
    • Synced with the latest Teamwin changes.
    • Designed with latest Material design 2 guidelines.
    • Included customization.
    • Inbuilt patches, like Magisk and password reset patch.
    • Password protection.
    • Fully open-source.
    • Frequently updated.
    Why OrangeFox?
    OrangeFox has been operating for over two years. In that time OrangeFox have improved the quality, stability, and device support of the recovery. Today OrangeFox is the leader in stability, UI design, and UX. Installing OrangeFox means being with the latest code and fastest fixes.

:good: Treble & Non-Treble Support
    :good: No compatibility.zip error while flashing OxygenOS
    :good: A lot of customisations
    :good: Extremely beautiful UI ready to please your eyes.
    :good: Dev team is always ready to fix your problems
    :good: F2FS support

There were previously 10.1 builds for these devices for these devices and this is how current build is different from them:
    1. New, more modern UI.
    2. Fixed F2FS support
    3. Upstreamed to R11
    4. and many more...
    Note: Official soon :) I've applied for it.

Screenshots
    Screenshots at https://imgur.com/a/Ai8KWX9 and on Sourceforge

Links:
    Support group: https://t.me/orangefoxop5t
    Download: https://github.com/Maitreya29/OrangeFox-OnePlus-5-T/releases

Installation procedure:
    There are two methods to install OrangeFox

A) Via a recovery (for those with TWRP installed):
    1. To install an OrangeFox zip, flash it with OrangeFox (or any TWRP-compatible custom recovery) without any wipes.
    2. Do the same thing if you want to upgrade OrangeFox
    3. When you flash an OrangeFox zip, there is no need to flash any DFE or any other such thing
    4.To install an OrangeFox img file, boot into fastboot mode, and run the command: fastboot flash recovery OrangeFox-xyz.img

B) Via Fastboot (For those without a recovery):
    You need a PC for this. If you do not have a PC, or access to a PC, then you are stuck!

1. Unlock your bootloader (if not already unlocked)
    2. Install adb, fastboot and the relevant USB drivers onto your PCs)
    3. Download the correct OrangeFox zip file to your phone, and to your PC
    4. Extract recovery.img from the OrangeFox zip file, and copy recovery.img to your PC’s adb directory
    5. Reboot your phone into fastboot/bootloader mode
    6. Open up a command line window / terminal emulator on your PC
    7. Change to the adb directory on your PC
    8. Flash OrangeFox Recovery by using the fastboot flash recovery recovery.img command
    9. Reboot into OrangeFox by pressing the power + volume down keys, until you see the OrangeFox splash screen
    11. After OrangeFox has booted up, check that everything is working – eg, that it has mounted the data partition successfully, and that the touchscreen works.
    12. Find and select the OrangeFox zip on your phone, tap on it, and swipe to install it (because OrangeFox Recovery needs some files from the zip)
    After installation, the phone will automatically reboot into OrangeFox
    Enjoy!
    Changelog:
    - minor bug fixes
    Changelog:
    - minor bug fixes
    I wanted to mention that when fully customizing the recovery things can get really laggy making it difficult to use. I can't exactly tell the setting I had because I set everything to default for fluidity. However please work on the speed and smoothness!

Appreciate the work.

Well yes, of course. Everything seems to work fine after a few minutes but still very laggy at start and that can be a bit annoying for things like pattern lock and such. I'm not runny any customizations as of now things work good.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone