[Recovery][P20/Pro][Unofficial]TWRP 3.2.1-0 [18/04/2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Disclaimer
This software comes with no warranty,XDA staff ,myself or TeamWin stuff can't be hold responsible for any damage it may cause to your device.

Note: Currently Oreo 8.1 custom roms are not supported,only stock EMUI 8.x .

Download and Installation

* Download twrp recovery
* Start your device in fastboot mode
* Install the recovery using the following command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [name of the file].img --> ex: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_clt_0.1.img
* Restart with this command:
Code:
fastboot reboot
* As soon as you execute the restart command,remove the USB cable and keep pressing Volume UP,so the device will boot to TWRP.This is to avoid that the device boot to OS,overwritting TWRP recovery.

Features

Internal storage decryption = working (if it pin/password, pattern fails then try by removing them (password, pin, pattern, fingerprint) from Android before booting to TWRP.
MTP and OTG connection = working
Backup&Restore = working

Note: This was tested only by few P20 Pro owners,so if you test it,please report back!There are no sources for this yet,because is based on the work of @zxz0O0 ,from Honor 9 forum.

Credits
**** @zxz0O0 - This wouldn't be possible without this guy,so big big thank to him.I used his base to make this recovery work ,so in sign of respect his nick will also be on the TWRP boot screen.Thank again buddy!
**** TeamWin project ,obviously.

Download links

twrp_clt_0.1.img - Decryption support (you can use the same password/pin/pattern to decrypt in TWRP), /recovery_ramdisk not available for backup./vendor not available for backup (use /vendor_image instead)

Last edited:

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Yes. I was just asking for sources or a pull request on my Github repository. IMHO the decryption method used would be useful for anybody interested in ROM/Recovery development - and also required to comply with XDA licensing / GPL requirements.
This is not based 100% from sources, i have another version with working decryption, which is based on open source tree, bur it's not ready yet, just private testing.
This is not breaking any GPL/XDA rule, because it's using just a dummy kernel, not compiled or modified by me! ?

a1Pha

Nov 26, 2007
Hamburg
www.storozhev.net
This is not based 100% from sources, i have another version with working decryption, which is based on open source tree, bur it's not ready yet, just private testing.
This is not breaking any GPL/XDA rule, because it's using just a dummy kernel, not compiled or modified by me! ?

Thanks for clarification. Would you mind sharing some details via PM with me? I'd be glad to improve my repo :)

xdawali

Oct 6, 2008
Quote: Note: This was tested only by few P20 Pro owners,so if you test it,please report back!

Hi Pretoriano80, Hi All,
Great job ! Just installed... I confirm that it works on my CLT-L29 8.1.0.106(C432)
Internal storage decryption, MTP and usb OTG connection, Backup& Restore (incl /vendor_image) : All working !

Many thanks & Cheers

Reactions: Tecalote

Duncan1982

Feb 6, 2014
CLT-L09 (C782) all is working as it should, successful backup and mount of my 1tb hard drive.

Absolutely fantastic work

mudnightoil

Jul 22, 2014
Well this is very positive.

Less than 2 calendar weeks from release to TWRP release.

I think we can possibly have pretty high expectations for development on the P20 Pro.

andrewglass3

Apr 10, 2010
Hey im getting this when I attempt to run the fastboot flash recovery command:

C:\Users\andre\Desktop\twrp>fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_clt_0.1.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery_ramdisk' (23542 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.151s]
writing 'recovery_ramdisk'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.171s

Can anyone advise please?

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Hey im getting this when I attempt to run the fastboot flash recovery command:

C:\Users\andre\Desktop\twrp>fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_clt_0.1.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery_ramdisk' (23542 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.151s]
writing 'recovery_ramdisk'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.171s

Can anyone advise please?
You have to unlock bootloader first!

virtyx

Jan 3, 2011
whats difference between your version and a1pha?

also does this trigger safety net? (i installed magisk via patched ramdisk.img and google pay wont work) will it work with TWRP (no root)

danifilth4king

Feb 13, 2009
Merseyside

also does this trigger safety net? (i installed magisk via patched ramdisk.img and google pay wont work) will it work with TWRP (no root)
Have you made sure that the Google Pay app is selected in the Magisk Hide list in the app? It doesn't tick automatically like it used to with Android Pay. You should pass safetynet with Magisk installed. Also, after flashing TWRP still passes safetynet too.

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010

TWRP has nothing to do with SafetyNet! Maybe you installed a firmware which didn't passed Google check yet.

m00h

Jan 4, 2008
Is this what I actually need to do to root my P20 Pro?

I unlock the bootloader, flash the twrp recovery, then install supersu.zip via twrp recovery and I'm done, right?

Or is there something else I left out?

Thank you very much so far!

DJBhardwaj

Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
Is this what I actually need to do to root my P20 Pro?

I unlock the bootloader, flash the twrp recovery, then install supersu.zip via twrp recovery and I'm done, right?

Or is there something else I left out?

Thank you very much so far!

Try Magisk instead of SuperSU. It has better support for Oreo than the latter.

BTW anyone here tried flashing Magisk to root the device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    This software comes with no warranty,XDA staff ,myself or TeamWin stuff can't be hold responsible for any damage it may cause to your device.

Note: Currently Oreo 8.1 custom roms are not supported,only stock EMUI 8.x .

Download and Installation

* Download twrp recovery
    * Start your device in fastboot mode
    * Install the recovery using the following command:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [name of the file].img --> ex: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_clt_0.1.img
    * Restart with this command:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    * As soon as you execute the restart command,remove the USB cable and keep pressing Volume UP,so the device will boot to TWRP.This is to avoid that the device boot to OS,overwritting TWRP recovery.

Features

Internal storage decryption = working (if it pin/password, pattern fails then try by removing them (password, pin, pattern, fingerprint) from Android before booting to TWRP.
    MTP and OTG connection = working
    Backup&Restore = working

Note: This was tested only by few P20 Pro owners,so if you test it,please report back!There are no sources for this yet,because is based on the work of @zxz0O0 ,from Honor 9 forum.

Credits
    **** @zxz0O0 - This wouldn't be possible without this guy,so big big thank to him.I used his base to make this recovery work ,so in sign of respect his nick will also be on the TWRP boot screen.Thank again buddy!
    **** TeamWin project ,obviously.

Download links

twrp_clt_0.1.img - Decryption support (you can use the same password/pin/pattern to decrypt in TWRP), /recovery_ramdisk not available for backup./vendor not available for backup (use /vendor_image instead)
    What if like me you flash this recovery, make a twrp back up, don't remove the pin, then flash a treble ROM, then try to restore?

Not possible.

eRecovery only.

As a rule of thumb, assume decryption is broken.

Trust me.
    If decryption is not working, then why backing up data, just to complain here? If you don't know how TWRP decryption mechanism work, don't complain here, just stay away from this TWRP and enjoy EMUI.
    Even when you remove the pin, /data is still encrypted, the only way to remove encryption is disabling it from fstab.
    And what if you do a backup with PIN and Huawei/Google change the way it works after a new security update, causing TWRP not to work anymore, you keep coming back to complain here, or you will go straight to Huawei's office? ?

P. S. Remove the damn pin if it's not working for you or go away, nobody force you to use this TWRP!

As pretoriano80 wrote:

boot to TWRP without removing the pin,password,pattern that you are using .

If it fails to decrypt ,press cancel and let it boot without decryption.
    Then,if you have an OTG device,go to Anvanced --> Log (select kernel too) --> Copy log (to OTG device) .

If you don't have an otg device ,then use adb pull to get the logs from /tmp folder (eg. tmp/recovery.log).

There's no need, his logs will most likely show the same thing yours are showing, keystore fails for some reason.
    Yes. I was just asking for sources or a pull request on my Github repository. IMHO the decryption method used would be useful for anybody interested in ROM/Recovery development - and also required to comply with XDA licensing / GPL requirements.
    @Pretoriano80

i hope this is what you need !!!
    delete ".txt" at the end from file-names

if you build twrp for HuP20L - if (and other P20L-owner) very happy !

View attachment build.prop.txt View attachment recovery.fstab.txt
    Since there is TWRP now, can I just flash the Magisk zip in TWRP instead to get root instead of flashing the patched boot.img?

Yes, it should be fine that way :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone