[RECOVERY][PERM ROOT ZIP][SM-J320P] TeamWin Recovery Project 3.0.2 Touch Recovery

Search This thread

soldadab

Jul 16, 2018
@pashiona

I'm posting the link to the last update i finished on a Custom ROM for the SM-J320P befor i moved on tobbigger and better things In case maybe it was lost in thread!

its roughly 570mb and just flash with TWRP!

https://mega.nz/#!tdVykbCZ!thmOgA8WGfMZx_Io1lq3l07Xp7v_QMw6GaJDfbg14Eg

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

i been looking for a rom on my j320p urs is the only 1 I have found so far that goes threw all the way so far at boot screen with the circles been a minute or to so ima let it sit there for awhile and c what happens

HectorPer

Dec 23, 2018
HI, sorry I'm late and a bit of a noob. But three questions
Can this version work with my J327T1? It is Android 7.0
And what exactly does flashing a rom mean?
And would flashing a custom rom delete all of my data on my phone?

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
Glad to hear it! We're working hard to finish things up, once we get custom ROM working things will be so much easier with this device!
Get perm root yet? I have a j320p on 5.1.1. double checking as I noticed this thread is 3 years old

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Same here but I haven't found any ROMs for this besides this place. If there's any ROMs for Sprint sm-j320p please let me know on this thread, thanks.
I have j320p on 5.1. Is that what you had? Thanks.

Edit. Works on 320p

Last edited:

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
Ok. Tried flashing octo os with twrp 3.0.2. Get error code.. says this is for j2xlte, j3xlte, yours is j320p. Know of any twrp that is 3.1 or higher? I can't find any active links. Also, what builds are unified with 320p, as in which builds can be cross flashed?

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

i been looking for a rom on my j320p urs is the only 1 I have found so far that goes threw all the way so far at boot screen with the circles been a minute or to so ima let it sit there for awhile and c what happens
Did it install? Did on my 320p. It's pretty dope!

TheLinuxMan02

Sep 15, 2017
What's funny is the reason I rooted the J3 was that I was bored when sitting in front of my desktop and happened to have a charging cable and my phone next to me. So, what do I do? I plug my phone into my computer and root my phone. Rooting my phone cured my boredom. Btw, I rooted it back in 2017 right after I cracked the screen. I still have the phone to this day

Last edited:

10th&Bennett

May 5, 2020
Greetings,

I posted the following on the noob page but in case I don't hear anything there, I'll post the following here since post #1115 on this thread pertains to my situation.

I tried installing TWRP, but I get a "Custom Binary(recovery) Blocked by FRP Lock" error. It won't even go through on Odin. There is no way I can enable USB debugging on my device since I have a black screen that only shows a small clock.

So I retried the Stock ROM and ran it again and get the same error. I assume "complete restore" means using the stock .md5 file I had originally.

Any ideas I can try before factory reset?

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Warning

This recovery will TRIP your Knox Counter and your warranty will be void.
    This recovery is only for Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J320P) msm8916 variant running 5.1.1 (Lollipop).

Tested Safely on following devices.

• Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J320P)

Why use TWRP ? Why not just use some rooted firmware which keeps my warranty safe?

TWRP is a custom recovery. Thus, it has many more features than stock recovery, such as making full NAND backups, flashing zips through recovery, ADB sideload, and more! Plus, if something goes wrong while flashing something, you can always restore from a backup using TWRP, meaning you're much safer when flashing new ROM's, etc!

Screenshots

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Instructions
    Follow the instructions carefully.

DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE UNDER THE "WITH PC" INSTRUCTIONS. A SEPARATE DOWNLOAD LINK IS PROVIDED UNDER "WITHOUT PC" FOR THE .IMG FILE YOU NEED FOR THOSE INSTRUCTIONS​

WITH PC:

Step 1 :

• Install Samsung Drivers and connect your device to PC. Let it install the drivers and any updates that may be required. The device drivers should install without failure.
    • Link to Samsung Drivers

Step 2 :

• Download Odin 3 you can use 3.07 or 3.09
    • You can download Odin from here
    • Download the TWRP Recovery ---- Google Drive Mirror for TWRP

(DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NOT USED GOOGLE DRIVE EXTENSIVELY FOR FILE SHARING, SO THERE MAY ALSO BE A BANDWIDTH/DOWNLOAD NUMBER LIMIT PER DAY, SO IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO USE EITHER LINK, TRY AGAIN THE NEXT DAY FOR THE TIME BEING UNTIL WE DECIDE ON A BETTER FILE HOSTING SERVICE.)

Step 3:

• Power down your device, then when turning it on hold [ Vol down + power + home button (all at the same time) ] in order to boot the phone into Odin mode. Release it when you see the warning about entering "Download Mode".
    • Press vol up to confirm

Step 4:

• Now that you are in Odin Mode, connect your device via USB cable.
    • Now open Odin 3.09 or 3.07 that you have downloaded.
    • If there is a pop-up regarding Installing ADB drivers let it finish, it usually updates.
    • Make sure the COM : xx (xx is usb port number it can be any number so don’t worry about it, just verify COM is lit up)
    • Now select AP and browse to where you have .tar file and select it
    • Make Sure only Default Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is ticked and nothing else. Very important! Double check that only these are ticked.
      Untick Auto Reboot if you are installing recovery for first time!
    • Click Start and wait for the process to end. DO NOT Interrupt during this time.
    • Once it says PASS. BOOT INTO RECOVERY USING VOL UP + HOME + POWER BUTTON.
    • Done.

OR

WITHOUT PC:

Instructions:

1. Make sure you have temp root available (Yes, this means likely using Kingroot one more time).

2. Download the recovery.img file (essentially what is in the Odin flashable .tar file) from here. Make sure you are aware of it's download path to find it with Flashify.

3. Download Flashify from the Play Store.

4. Open Flashify, grant root access, and click Recovery Image. Navigate to where you downloaded the .img file and select it.

5. A dialog should pop up asking if you want to continue with flashing the recovery. Click "Yup!" and wait for it to finish. Afterwards if it doesn't ask you to reboot, do so yourself into recovery (Vol-UP+Home+Power in case you forgot). If things went right, you should boot into TWRP smoothly!

A few helpful things for the "just in case" moments(most of these require a PC with Odin, unfortunately):

* Stock Recovery Odin flashable .tar

* Stock Boot Odin flashable .tar

* Both of the above are flashed the same as the instructions above detail flashing TWRP. Use either depending on what you've flashed/messed up, or flash both if you aren't sure. These are NOT a replacement for flashing full stock firmware through Odin in case of a thorough brick (I.E. combinations of boot/recovery/system/etc being corrupted together). Use these when you're flashing TWRP or the root zip, as it's faster and you shouldn't need to flash full firmware if you didn't brick your device in some other way.

* Raw kernel source for anyone wanting to start their own project for this device.

Credits:

• TWRP Team i.e. @Dees_Troy for his awesome recovery!
    • @androidlover5842 for compiling TWRP, and for creating the flashable supersu.zip to give us PERM ROOT!
    • @darknaio for testing recovery!

*** IMPORTANT UPDATE: WE HAVE SOLVED THE ROOT PROBLEM ***

We have a working permanent root solution available for testing by anyone who would like to give it a try and get back to me with your results. So far on my device root has persisted through several reboots. Make sure you pay attention to the instructions when you flash it, and you should be good to go! Download the following file and flash it through TWRP, and make sure you DON'T let TWRP flash it's own supersu when you reboot. SuperSU TWRP Flashable ZIP

Source Code: https://github.com/Grace5921/android_device_j3ltespr
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    Twrp version: 3.0.2 Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information
    Created 2016-04-11
    Last Updated 2016-04-11
    Cm 12 Kernel done
    I've been trying to compile cm12.1 from source for a couple of days now, I've got the cm source downloaded and the device synced and all set up. I've tried about 15 times to build the ROM and worked threw the first 15 errors successfully including kernel config error and a whole list of others and each time the build gets further and further, my latest errors I haven't worked through yet but will start where I left off tomorrow. I'll try and give an update then. (I'm no dev, but I'm making some progress)

target Java: telephony-common (/home/android/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/telephony-common_intermediates/classes)
    frameworks/opt/telephony/../../../device/samsung/j3ltespr/ril/SamsungA5RIL.java:472: error: cannot find symbol
    LastCallFailCause failCause = new LastCallFailCause();
    ^
    symbol: class LastCallFailCause
    frameworks/opt/telephony/../../../device/samsung/j3ltespr/ril/SamsungA5RIL.java:472: error: cannot find symbol
    LastCallFailCause failCause = new LastCallFailCause();
    ^
    symbol: class LastCallFailCause
    Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    2 errors
    build/core/java.mk:346: recipe for target '/home/android/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/telephony-common_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar' failed
    make: *** [/home/android/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/telephony-common_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41
    (From what I've been researching it seems to be a Java compilation error.)