[RECOVERY][pioneer] TWRP Touch Recovery [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD: https://twrp.me/sony/sonyxperiaxa2.html

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log and then I'll report to Dess_Troy. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM Dees_Troy directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY][pioneer] TWRP Touch Recovery [OFFICIAL], ROM for the Sony XA2 Ultra

Contributors
LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-04-06
Last Updated 2020-06-25

G

GuestK00219

looks good. use your android password to decrypt data

G

GuestK00219

no idea. there are users and first time users.
one question, in case i install lineage for example, is this recovery persistent or do i need to reinstall it after every boot.img flash?

Last edited:

Drenyx

Dec 29, 2012
2 thoughts: since I see sony is being weird about supporting US models with AOSP, can this be confirmed to work all models of XA2/XA2 ultra? since the link posted here for the ultra says it's for the XA2 it's the same twrp for both?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
2 thoughts: since I see sony is being weird about supporting US models with AOSP, can this be confirmed to work all models of XA2/XA2 ultra? since the link posted here for the ultra says it's for the XA2 it's the same twrp for both?
There's no XA2 forum which is why I posted here. If you want legit XA2 Ultra release ping me later on hangouts or IRC. Also I only tested H3113 cause I don't have 5 other XA2's and 4 XA2's Ultra.

Last edited:

Drenyx

Dec 29, 2012
There's no XA2 forum which is why I posted here. If you want legit XA2 Ultra release ping me later on hangouts or IRC.

"legit" as in, we are talking labelling issues or will there be problems on the ultra?

*edit* noticed you did say this was only tested on H3113, anyone else care to try?

I was asking to be sure if this will work for all versions both US and international as sony seems to have split support between the two.

Xperia XA2 (H3113, H4113) and Xperia XA2 Ultra (H3213, H4213) have sony AOSP support. The others Xperia XA2 (H3123, H3133, H4133) and Xperia XA2 Ultra (H3223, H4233, H3212?) do not have sony AOSP support.

Last edited:
Reactions: 535iu

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
"legit" as in, we are talking labelling issues or will there be problems on the ultra? Also, I was asking to be sure if this will work for all versions both US and international as sony seems to have split support between the two.

Xperia XA2 (H3113, H4113) and Xperia XA2 Ultra (H3213, H4213) have sony AOSP support. The others Xperia XA2 (H3123, H3133, H4133) and Xperia XA2 Ultra (H3223, H4233, H3212?) do not have sony AOSP support.

I want to split support between pioneer and discovery even tho this build will probably work.

Reactions: oF2pks

bloodclot

Mar 8, 2010
TUCSON
It says root will be gone once I flash twrp, can I reflash a patched Magisk boot.img after I install this twrp? will I then have both?

li0nh3art3d

Apr 22, 2016
Texas ?
It says root will be gone once I flash twrp, can I reflash a patched Magisk boot.img after I install this twrp? will I then have both?
This is what I did:

It's important to note, if you want root, download magisk.zip before you fastboot boot twrp.img, then once you boot twrp, you go into TWRP and do adb sideload twrp.zip (the instructions say adb push, but in fact it's adb sideload). if you want root, after you sideload twrp.zip, go to install in twrp, and install the magisk.zip

once that's complete then reboot to partition A

then you will have both twrp, and root

Reactions: bloodclot

Meloferz

"legit" as in, we are talking labelling issues or will there be problems on the ultra?

*edit* noticed you did say this was only tested on H3113, anyone else care to try?

I was asking to be sure if this will work for all versions both US and international as sony seems to have split support between the two.

First time that Sony make something like this, I didn't know that in AOSP they just mention H3113 and not the other models, hope that the differences are just the bands and not the internal hardware as it will difficult the development

Drenyx

Dec 29, 2012
First time that Sony make something like this, I didn't know that in AOSP they just mention H3113 and not the other models, hope that the differences are just the bands and not the internal hardware as it will difficult the development

Check the other thread about the (I think) H4213 aosp build someone is running... But even Sony's website confirms only select models are fully aosp supported.

https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/supported-devices-and-functionality/

Last edited:
Reactions: Meloferz

li0nh3art3d

Apr 22, 2016
Texas ?
so how do we flash this via adb ? fastboot flash (recovery then name.img)
"fastboot boot twrp.img" will load twrp, if you would like to permanently install, "adb sideload twrp.zip" then if you want root, go in twrp and install magisk.zip in TWRP (not sideload), then reboot to the A partition

do not fastboot flash anything for this

Reactions: oF2pks

tokoam

Jun 24, 2007
Plantation
"fastboot boot twrp.img" will load twrp, if you would like to permanently install, "adb sideload twrp.zip" then if you want root, go in twrp and install magisk.zip in TWRP (not sideload), then reboot to the A partition

do not fastboot flash anything for this

Thanks this worked out great running the 16.3 beta from magisk,Working fine so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD: https://twrp.me/sony/sonyxperiaxa2.html

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log and then I'll report to Dess_Troy. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM Dees_Troy directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY][pioneer] TWRP Touch Recovery [OFFICIAL], ROM for the Sony XA2 Ultra

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-04-06
    Last Updated 2020-06-25
    Right, so "only" fastboot boot *.img, thx
    I wonder where the inbuilt Sony recovery is stored then ?
    In /boot.
    Hello. I'd like to root my Xperia XA2 Ultra, and I would like to backup TA partition (Sony DRM etc.) so I can restore it after rooting. If someone can tell me how to do it, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks.
    You can't back them up, you don't really need them though. The camera works fine without them on tue XA2

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Wait what. I've held off on rooting until the kinks get worked out. That and I haven't ever done it with a Sony device before. My understanding is that Sony DRM can be lost forever if not done correctly. What exact functionality would I lose?

So how would I go about keeping (saving for later) the drm if possible? I'm assuming unlocking bootloader, twrp, rooting and installing xposed is normal.

I just don't want to mess up to the point of no return. Sony drm, tremble, a/b system and google pay are anomalies I haven't dealt with before. My device is the XA2 Ultra H3223 on build 50.1.A.5.59 (latest), which means I should hold off on xposed :(. It automatically updated on me.
    Google Pay works as long as Xposed isn't installed which would be the case given the firmware you've updated to.

Basically, you lose absolutely no functionality... Camera, Google Pay are working.

On older Sony devices the Camera functionality was lost with the DRM info, but not on this device.
    How do I install 3.2.1-1 if there is only 3.2.1-0 install zip available?
    I'm in process of getting new installer package so you just got to wait.
    Should i go with LineageOS 19 or Pixel Expirience 13 ?
    LOS 19.1 for the pioneer/Xperia XA2 has been superceded by LOS 20.0 so you should go with that. LOS 19.1 won't receive any more updates.

If you need Google Play services compatibility you should try a ROM with integrated microG like iodéOS:

https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-xa2-a12-iodeos-lineageos-19-1-microg-adblocker-09-11-2023.4138575

Or LineageOS for microG:

https://download.lineage.microg.org/pioneer

Both are still based on LOS 19.1 but will soon be updated to LOS 20.0. You should wait for that update otherwise you'll have to reinstall in a few weeks to receive new build updates.

If you don't mind Google apps and their behavior at all you could also go with the unofficial(!) PixelExpirience Plus I guess. But it's unclear how well it'll be supported in the future (one man show?).