[RECOVERY][PRA-LX1][3.2.1] Haky86's TWRP for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jalel25

Nov 23, 2014
* re-uploaded the 3.1.1 Image.
* I will pass to 3.2.1 directly since I'm on emui 8 due to bring treble for our device. and if you are on emui 8 you must flash as fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img and this emui 8 only will not work on emui 5.0.1.

how i can pass To Oreo 8.0 ?

airpewds

Oct 24, 2017
can u upload the latest twrp for emui 5.0 those links at first page arent working. and what do i do if i try to backup data partition it gives me error 255

CarlosAG10

May 2, 2012
Then if it's un-backable how could I make an nandroid backup.

And why does twrp doesn't save the settings. Time zone, preferences, e.t.c
You can't. There is a dec_boot by haky that theoretically makes it happen, but I don't think anyone has ever succeeded at it... Twrp for PRA limitation, just be cautious at what you flash ;)

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    You can't. There is a dec_boot by haky that theoretically makes it happen, but I don't think anyone has ever succeeded at it... Twrp for PRA limitation, just be cautious at what you flash ;)

I was able to backup the C432B161 firmware with f2fs data partition by using the dec_boot.img we should unpack the dec_boot.img to see how was possible on that version.. seems Huawei update encryption on newer versions on the kernel...if was ext4 wasn't a problem to backup.

airpewds

Oct 24, 2017
    I was able to backup the C432B161 firmware with f2fs data partition by using the dec_boot.img we should unpack the dec_boot.img to see how was possible on that version.. seems Huawei update encryption on newer versions on the kernel...if was ext4 wasn't a problem to backup.

Can you please upload the latest twrp for emui 5.0. And why doesn't it save the settings- time zone, and my preferences. Every time I boot in twrp it's like I just flashed it.

airpewds

Oct 24, 2017
    you are the one who care about this "issue", question: since when is an important feature? nothing is perfect.

But what is the latest twrp version for pra-lx1. Is it 3.1.1-0
    Or there's newer version. If yes then please send me the link.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

you are the one who care about this "issue", question: since when is an important feature? nothing is perfect.

Can you upload latest twrp for pra-lx1

CarlosAG10

May 2, 2012
    But what is the latest twrp version for pra-lx1. Is it 3.1.1-0
    Or there's newer version. If yes then please send me the link.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Can you upload latest twrp for pra-lx1
    Just look at the changelogs' dates and use the newest one, don't spam the thread uselessly

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi folks
      Here for you the initial stage of porting progress of TWRP for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 and similar phone.

Code:
      #include 
      /*
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
       * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
       * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
       * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
       * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
       */
      [/QUOTE]

Downloads

How to Backup Your Firmware:
      • Reboot to TWRP by press on Vol up .
      • Go to Mount.
      • Uncheck the following partitions: Cache, Data & System.
      • Back to main menu and click on Backup, choose all partitions and swipe to start backup firmware to sdcard then.

Installation Guide:
      • download the latest image.
      • rename to recovery.img.
      • now reboot to fastboot mode by connecting the phone to the usb and press power + vol down.
      • now run the command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img && fastboot reboot.

Install Root/SuperSu Permissions:
      • Download the edited SuperSu for Emui 5.0 from AndroidFileHost .
      • Reboot to recovery by power + vol up (make sure is not connected to usb port).
      • Go to Install.
      • Choose SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815-EMUI5.0.zip.
      • Use Swipes to install the package.
      • Once installation is terminated, tab on Reboot.
      • Your device will bootloop for only one time so don't panic, could take some time.
      • You should see SuperSu between apps then.

Works
      • Recovery.
      • Backing up images is done without problems not like Revolution recovery that I get many errors failed errors.
      • Wipes.
      • Both Internal & External sdcard.
      • Restore.

XDA:DevDB Information

TWRP for the Hauwei P8 Lite 2017 and similar variants

Contributors
      @haky 86
      Source Code:
      device tree: https://github.com/hak86/android_device_huawei_prague
      kernel GPL: https://github.com/hak86/android_kernel_huawei_prague

Version Information

Created 2017-19-04
      Last Updated 2016-19-04
      ** Note **

Note:
      Once I release the whole 3.2.1 in 2 versions, first for emui 5.x with kernel 4.1, the second one for emui 8.x with 4.4 I will switch works for oreo based on emui 8.x.

have a good day
      ** Note **

* re-uploaded the 3.1.1 Image.
      * I will pass to 3.2.1 directly since I'm on emui 8 due to bring treble for our device. and if you are on emui 8 you must flash as fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img and this emui 8 only will not work on emui 5.0.1.
      ** Note **

* enable product and version partitions.
      * updated to 3.2.1.
      * unique bug to fix: fbe f2fs decryption to backup the whole data partition even with f2fs.
      Huawei is release some emui 5.0 kernels, it's the linux 4.1.18, i'm compiling it let me see it, if will boot i'm gonna to make lineage14.1
      EDIT: got a bootloop, it's for hi3660 so i think will be released in within days for our phone