You can't. There is a dec_boot by haky that theoretically makes it happen, but I don't think anyone has ever succeeded at it... Twrp for PRA limitation, just be cautious at what you flash
I was able to backup the C432B161 firmware with f2fs data partition by using the dec_boot.img we should unpack the dec_boot.img to see how was possible on that version.. seems Huawei update encryption on newer versions on the kernel...if was ext4 wasn't a problem to backup.
you are the one who care about this "issue", question: since when is an important feature? nothing is perfect.
Just look at the changelogs' dates and use the newest one, don't spam the thread uselessly
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */ [/QUOTE]
- from basketbuilds:
How to Backup Your Firmware:
- Reboot to TWRP by press on Vol up .
- Go to Mount.
- Uncheck the following partitions: Cache, Data & System.
- Back to main menu and click on Backup, choose all partitions and swipe to start backup firmware to sdcard then.
- download the latest image.
- rename to recovery.img.
- now reboot to fastboot mode by connecting the phone to the usb and press power + vol down.
- now run the command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img && fastboot reboot.
Install Root/SuperSu Permissions:
- Download the edited SuperSu for Emui 5.0 from AndroidFileHost .
- Reboot to recovery by power + vol up (make sure is not connected to usb port).
- Go to Install.
- Choose SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815-EMUI5.0.zip.
- Use Swipes to install the package.
- Once installation is terminated, tab on Reboot.
- Your device will bootloop for only one time so don't panic, could take some time.
- You should see SuperSu between apps then.
- Backing up images is done without problems not like Revolution recovery that I get many errors failed errors.
- Both Internal & External sdcard.
TWRP for the Hauwei P8 Lite 2017 and similar variants
device tree: https://github.com/hak86/android_device_huawei_prague
kernel GPL: https://github.com/hak86/android_kernel_huawei_prague
Last Updated 2016-19-04