• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][prague][OFFICIAL][3.5.2]TWRP for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread

DunoCZ

Feb 21, 2016
Use DC unlocker, you can buy credits via Google Pay... First Downgrade to Android 7 ... Then unlock bootloader

You don't need to downgrade.

---------- Post added at 06:07 ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 ----------

I got a FAILED remote: partition lenght get error, when flashing

Do you know why?
Yep you are probably flashing ramdisk_recovery and not recovery_ramdisk. This happens to me almost every time.

Reactions: Momin8454

sebi3481

Apr 16, 2016
Hello,
This is a great job having Official TWRP
Just a qustion please I make Backups on SDCard and since 3.4.0.0 version, I get this message :

[BACKUP STARTED]
* Backup Folder: /external_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS/XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/2020-08-13--08-53-31
Can not create '/external_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS/XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/2020-08-13--08-53-31
(Permissions denied)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX = My phone S/N
Before I used "TWRP 3.2.1.0 (twrp_honor9_lite_0.2_test.img)" so I reflashed it and that is working again.

Any idea ? (I am on PRA-LX1 stock Rom 8.0)
Thanks

tringo24

Aug 25, 2020
Can't load TWRP recovery

Hi,

I've tried installing TWRP (twrp-3.4.0-0-prague.img) using:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Sending 'recovery' OKAY
Writing 'recovery' OKAY
Finished

and

fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img
Sending 'recovery' OKAY
Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: 'partition length get error')

I seem to have overwritten Huawei recovery, but I can't boot into TWRP recovery, either by pressing Volume Up and Down and Power or by "adb boot recovery"

Is there anything obvious I've done wrong?

DunoCZ

Feb 21, 2016
Hi,

Sending 'recovery' OKAY
Writing 'recovery' OKAY
Finished

and

Sending 'recovery' OKAY

I seem to have overwritten Huawei recovery, but I can't boot into TWRP recovery, either by pressing Volume Up and Down and Power or by "adb boot recovery"

You written img to bad partition, hope you didn't f*cked up something.

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
Hi,

Sending 'recovery' OKAY
Writing 'recovery' OKAY
Finished

and

Sending 'recovery' OKAY

I think you are in Emui 5 as Emui 8 doesn't have /recovery...
For using this recovery you have to be on Emui 8.

tringo24

Aug 25, 2020
I think you are in Emui 5 as Emui 8 doesn't have /recovery...
For using this recovery you have to be on Emui 8.

Yes, I am in Emui 5. I've managed to flash TWRP using EliteTWRP-3.2.1-0_2018-01-19.img to /recovery. I've also managed to decrypt the storage.

I haven't killed it yet! Now to try to install one of your Lineage packages!

Traceur017

Aug 17, 2017
Yes, I am in Emui 5. I've managed to flash TWRP using EliteTWRP-3.2.1-0_2018-01-19.img to /recovery. I've also managed to decrypt the storage.

I haven't killed it yet! Now to try to install one of your Lineage packages!

Hi
Lineage roms are for emui 8 too. Don't install them. I think hacky has some emui 5 rom.
For using darkjoker's lineage roms first upgrade to emui 8 then install them.

Last edited:

tringo24

Aug 25, 2020
Hi
Lineage roms are for emui 8 too. Don't install them. I think hacky has some emui 5 rom.
For using darkjoker's lineage roms first upgrade too emui 8 then install them.

Thanks for the advice. I managed to install EMUI 8 after spending over a day downloading it from the slowest server in the world (!), I've since been able to flash TWRP to recovery_ramdisk. Now for the next bit!

Reactions: Traceur017

orange5890

Sep 5, 2020
Hi,

I am running EMUI 5.0.1 on android 7 on PRA LX1
When I use that command I get a partition length error

How can I fix this ?

thanks

jmlflorencio

Dec 5, 2013
I unlocked the bootloader on Andoid 7-EMUI 5, and now I cannot upgrade to EMUI 8.
How can I upgrade it so I can use this recovery together with Lineage OS 17.1?

I was in the same situation.

What I did was use Huawei's eRecovery to restore the phone to original specs (EMUI 5/Android 7). This locked the bootloader. After restoring, I upgraded to EMUI 8 through wireless update.
With EMUI 8, I unlocked the bootloader with the code obtained with DC-Unlocker (using fastboot).

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Edit:
I can now flash twrp recovery using "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk TWRP.img", but still can't boot to twrp after:

C:\dc-unlocker2client_1.00.1431>adb reboot bootloader

C:\dc-unlocker2client_1.00.1431>fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery_ramdisk' (13458 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.411s]
writing 'recovery_ramdisk'...
OKAY [ 0.300s]
finished. total time: 0.713s

C:\dc-unlocker2client_1.00.1431>fastboot boot twrp.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.411s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.419s

C:\dc-unlocker2client_1.00.1431>

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Second edit:
SOLVED! Was able to boot to TRWP by pressing "Volume Up + Power" (from fastboot mode, right after flashing TWRP), right up to the screen stating "your phone is unlocked and...". After that I kept pressing "Volume Up" only.

Now to choose a ROM :victory::laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: mutonic

mama_mia

I was in the same situation.

What I did was use Huawei's eRecovery to restore the phone to original specs (EMUI 5/Android 7). This locked the bootloader. After restoring, I upgraded to EMUI 8 through wireless update.
With EMUI 8, I unlocked the bootloader with the code obtained with DC-Unlocker (using fastboot).

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Edit:
I can now flash twrp recovery using "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk TWRP.img", but still can't boot to twrp after:

C:\dc-unlocker2client_1.00.1431>adb reboot bootloader

C:\dc-unlocker2client_1.00.1431>fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery_ramdisk' (13458 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.411s]
writing 'recovery_ramdisk'...
OKAY [ 0.300s]
finished. total time: 0.713s

C:\dc-unlocker2client_1.00.1431>fastboot boot twrp.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.411s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.419s

C:\dc-unlocker2client_1.00.1431>

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Second edit:
SOLVED! Was able to boot to TRWP by pressing "Volume Up + Power" (from fastboot mode, right after flashing TWRP), right up to the screen stating "your phone is unlocked and...". After that I kept pressing "Volume Up" only.

Now to choose a ROM :victory::laugh:

Thank you for your help. I eventually made it work.
And yes, to boot to recovery it needs either to be from "adb reboot recovery", or you need to press vol+ while powering on the device, but you cannot have the USB cable connected to the phone otherwise you'll end up in eRecovery.

Reactions: joelgallego

Jhon_Locke

May 16, 2015
There is no way to flash this with EMUI 5? Somehow I ****ed up something in this phone, I tried to flash TWRP two years (i think) ago but I couldn't do it because I flashed it on another partition IIRC so now whenever I try to update the OS from the phone itself it reboots but I get an error screen so I was hoping on trying again as I can access the phone thru fastboot.

hamedsolo

Dec 24, 2016
USg Ishimura
There is no way to flash this with EMUI 5? Somehow I ****ed up something in this phone, I tried to flash TWRP two years (i think) ago but I couldn't do it because I flashed it on another partition IIRC so now whenever I try to update the OS from the phone itself it reboots but I get an error screen so I was hoping on trying again as I can access the phone thru fastboot.

Install emui8 with Hurupdater: https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-9/development/tool-flash-official-firmware-recovery-t3769279
then flash treble or linage p or q ROMs.
mind that your bootloader and Frp must be unlocked and choose suitable Twrp ( for hurupdater i suggest morfuz )

Jhon_Locke

May 16, 2015
Install emui8 with Hurupdater: https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-9/development/tool-flash-official-firmware-recovery-t3769279
then flash treble or linage p or q ROMs.
mind that your bootloader and Frp must be unlocked and choose suitable Twrp ( for hurupdater i suggest morfuz )

Thanks for the help.
Will the bootloader end up locked? or will I keep the phone unlocked?

Also, I have managed to flash TWRP and install LOS 14.1, can I still update to MIUI8 without problems?

hamedsolo

Dec 24, 2016
USg Ishimura
Thanks for the help.
Will the bootloader end up locked? or will I keep the phone unlocked?

Also, I have managed to flash TWRP and install LOS 14.1, can I still update to MIUI8 without problems?

you're welcome.
Your bootloader doesn't lock. But I leave twrp for recovery.img as a precaution. For factory reset and wipe cache you must use stuck recovery, flash it by fastboot.

I have not tested the second part of your question (lineage 14.1) but I guess Oreo changes partitions.

Top Liked Posts