• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][prague][OFFICIAL][3.5.2]TWRP for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Search This thread

Jhon_Locke

May 16, 2015
you're welcome.
Your bootloader doesn't lock. But I leave twrp for recovery.img as a precaution. For factory reset and wipe cache you must use stuck recovery, flash it by fastboot.

I have not tested the second part of your question (lineage 14.1) but I guess Oreo changes partitions.

Hey, thanks for your help. I tried HuRUpdater but had to disable hardware keys checking (it wasn't working on my phone, don't know why, maybe the TWRP version I had? idk) after that I still go a few warnings kinda confusing (I remember one message saying "script successfull: response (false)" or something like that -but 100% sure it said false- that made me worry but I guess it doesn't mean what it seems :???:). Bootloader and FRP stayed unlocked, so everything is fine.

Aah, right, I had to format data from erecovery otherwise the phone wouldn't boot past the first seconds of the huawei logo animation.

effendi360

Feb 8, 2014
Hi;
I've unlocked bootloader trough dc-unlocker but I'm on emui 5 android 7.
I understand that I need emui 8 to boot this version of recovery but how can I update this now?
On top of that when I restarted the phone I looged in to my google account and I think because of this I have now FRP status on LOCKED and don't know how to unlock it back again. Option "ENABLE OEM unlock" in developer menu is greyed out for me but my bootloader still appears to be unlocked.

What I need to do next to get this working ?
I understand that I need TWRP to install custom rom and to have TWRP I need emui 8 right ?
From where I can get it and how to install it on my phone from point where I am ?

Ohhh BTW when Im trying to erase trough eRecovery I'm getting an error and after restart phone goes back to system where everything is how it was - not wiped at all.

edit- updated and solved problem
https://huaweidl.com/download/huawei-p8-lite-2017/pra-lx1/

mIL6TX8

Last edited:

PufferDude

Jan 17, 2019
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Thank you for your great works and continuous support for our device.

I hope you stay as awesome as you are, while I'm still trying to figure out how to upgrade to Oreo from Resurrection Remix custom rom, Nougat at the moment.

If anybody can assist, here's my thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...remix-nougat-to-android-oreo-9-or-10.4170997/
Only needed some directions and opinions, not a complete newbie here.

hardcorehenry

Dec 2, 2020
Hi @DarkJoker360 I’m going to flash Android 11, so I returned from custom rom(Havoc 3.8) to stock(PRA-LX1 8.0.0.363 then updated to PRA-LX1 8.0.0.407). Now there is a problem with this particular version, in the past I couldn’t reflash it via fastboot(in case of emergency) always stucked on sending sparse part 5(or something similar). Is it safe with your TWRP to make system partition backup then restore(there is no info about restore) or flash SYSTEM.img via TWRP. Should I expect any problems?

EDIT: Nevermind, "problem" solved with dload and service rom;)

Last edited:

dalukas

May 8, 2017
Hi,
I tried flashing your TWRP and it says it flashed successful.

fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img
Sending 'recovery_ramdisk' (14894 KB) OKAY [ 0.386s]
Writing 'recovery_ramdisk' OKAY [ 0.313s]
Finished. Total time: 0.730s

However the phone locks up after the flash.
I can't do `fastboot reboot` and if I reboot manually I get back into the eRecovery from Huawei itself. Any ideas?

edit: rebooting into the os and an `adb reboot recovery` did the trick ^^

Last edited:

alex27riva

May 19, 2012
OnePlus 6
Hi everyone, i tried flashing "Android 11 unofficial TWRP but I have this error:

Code:
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery_ramdisk' (14894 KB)...
OKAY [  0.428s]
writing 'recovery_ramdisk'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.435s

I'm on EMUI 8.0, FRP is unlocked.

How can I fix?

hardcorehenry

Dec 2, 2020
Hi everyone, i tried flashing "Android 11 unofficial TWRP but I have this error:

Code:
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery_ramdisk' (14894 KB)...
OKAY [  0.428s]
writing 'recovery_ramdisk'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.435s

I'm on EMUI 8.0, FRP is unlocked.

How can I fix?
FRP unlocked alone is not enough, you need to unlock bootloader, see dedicated topic.

Reactions: alex27riva

alex27riva

May 19, 2012
OnePlus 6
Hi,
I tried flashing your TWRP and it says it flashed successful.

Sending 'recovery_ramdisk' (14894 KB) OKAY [ 0.386s]
Writing 'recovery_ramdisk' OKAY [ 0.313s]
Finished. Total time: 0.730s

However the phone locks up after the flash.
I can't do `fastboot reboot` and if I reboot manually I get back into the eRecovery from Huawei itself. Any ideas?

edit: rebooting into the os and an `adb reboot recovery` did the trick ^^
The trick also worked for me, but when I press volume up during boot, i doesn't enter TWRP recovery..

tinchozaviolon

Sep 7, 2021
Hi, I tried installing twrp 11 unnoficcial, but after doing it and rebooting my phone does not boot, I can't enter fastboot or download mode either. What can I do now?

11spqr

Jun 27, 2019
Hi,
Is there any way (besides going back to stock rom) to enable encryption with this TWRP(Unofficial for A11) and encrypt data on custom rom?
Thanks in advance,
P.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Hi,
Is there any way (besides going back to stock rom) to enable encryption with this TWRP(Unofficial for A11) and encrypt data on custom rom?
Thanks in advance,
P.
If you only need access to internal storage in TWRP then try TWRP 3.2.1 from pretoriano80, it supports data encryption on Oreo (at least on stock FW).
Download
You can also decrypt data via root manager, but this procedure requires factory reset.

Last edited:

11spqr

Jun 27, 2019
If you only need access to internal storage in TWRP then try TWRP 3.2.1 from pretoriano80, it supports data encryption on Oreo (at least on stock FW).
Download
You can also decrypt data via root manager, but this procedure requires factory reset.
Thank you Alf for the response,
I was wondering if there is a possibility to encrypt phone from the LOS level to secure my data in case of stealing the phone or tampering with it,
Settings>security>encryption>encrypt phone

Am using AltairFR's LeaOS. The "Huawei-Decrypt-Emui_8.zip" file from DarkJoker360 removed the fstab part responsible for fileencryption of userdata.

So the question arise, if I should add smth at the end of fstab, and what: fileencrypt=footer, fileecrypt=ice, or smth else, and try to encrypt, and if the DarkJoker360 Unofficial TWRP(A11 vesion) supports encryption/decryption of userdata, or try everything from the beginning with the Pretoriano80 TWRP(if it supports A11).
I have red, that on A11 Google moved the encryption process from central localization to startup scripts with "mkdir" command arguments.
Google data

Sorry, I am not a tech-savvy guy, and hope didn't mess anything up.
Thanks,
P.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Thank you Alf for the response,
I was wondering if there is a possibility to encrypt phone from the LOS level to secure my data in case of stealing the phone or tampering with it,
Settings>security>encryption>encrypt phone

Am using AltairFR's LeaOS. The "Huawei-Decrypt-Emui_8.zip" file from DarkJoker360 removed the fstab part responsible for fileencryption of userdata.

So the question arise, if I should add smth at the end of fstab, and what: fileencrypt=footer, fileecrypt=ice, or smth else, and try to encrypt, and if the DarkJoker360 Unofficial TWRP(A11 vesion) supports encryption/decryption of userdata, or try everything from the beginning with the Pretoriano80 TWRP(if it supports A11).
I have red, that on A11 Google moved the encryption process from central localization to startup scripts with "mkdir" command arguments.
Google data

Sorry, I am not a tech-savvy guy, and hope didn't mess anything up.
Thanks,
P.
I’m not sure I fully understand your questions...
I have never made similar attempts, the phone is also on a custom ROM protected by a password, fingerprint, google account, etc. But if you want to restore fstab to its original state, I would recommend extracting the original fstab.hi6250 from the service software for your phone using Huawei update extractor and Ext4extractor. And then replace the original fstab with the patched fstab using root explorer. In any case, you must then perform a factory reset in stock recovery. (And I don't know if the leaos will work without problems then...).
The "Huawei-Decrypt-Emui_8.zip" file from DarkJoker360 removed the fstab part responsible for fileencryption of userdata.
Yes, "fileencryption=aes=256=xts:aes=256=cts"
if the DarkJoker360 Unofficial TWRP(A11 vesion) supports encryption/decryption
I don't know, I've never used it.

joelgallego

Jan 22, 2022
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Thank you for your help. I eventually made it work.
And yes, to boot to recovery it needs either to be from "adb reboot recovery", or you need to press vol+ while powering on the device, but you cannot have the USB cable connected to the phone otherwise you'll end up in eRecovery.
Thanks, only this run for me!! I think it would help to include this detail on the official twrp page

DarkJoker360

Top Liked Posts