[Recovery][R] TWRP|SHRP|OFRP|WETA Kernel (Snapdragon) [x98xx][17.Jan.2021]

Search This thread

Reeseybaby

Jan 11, 2011
My question is would this method work on a Verizon GalaxyNote 20 ultra. Because Verizon have a tendency to always lock they bootloaders to a point where you can't unlock them for most phones.

god_of_wisdom

May 21, 2020
Jersey city
https%3A%2F%2Fwww.neuraldump.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2Fteamwin.png

unofficial TWRP 3.4.0 for SM-N986x Snapdragon

*** This will only work on Snapdragon devices with an unlocked bootloader, but is technically compatible with all snapdragon Note 20 Ultra devices.

SM-N9860

Telegram thread

Built using OMNI source 10.0
TWRP v3.4.0

See post #2 for install steps

Changelog...

v1
Initial build
MTP, OTG and SDcard all working
Encryption not working

TWRP Downloads

N986x TWRP 3.4.0 Downloads
WETA Kernel
Forced Encryption Disabler
Telegram thread

--------------------->

Beer fund

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP Note 20 Ultra (snapdragon), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Contributors
Mentalmuso, mentalmuso
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/mentalmuso/android_kernel_samsung_sd865plus_twrp[/URL]

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.4.0-1

Created 2020-09-08
Last Updated 2020-09-08
Does this root method work for Verizon even verizon always locking down their bootloader's?

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
Everyone, eom unlock is not an out of the box feature for any usa device. Stop looking for the oem unlock switch. You will never see it.

But... Look at my signature. Click on the obvious link.

Reeseybaby

Jan 11, 2011
Every usa carrier locks their samsung devices. And have done for a while now.

Thanks for the reply but you still didn't answer my question. It's the same thing god of wisdom said above. Can this method you post work for the Verizon Note20 5G Ultra. I want to get it so bad right now but I want to know if this method works on the Verizon phone. Because other U.S carriers been easy to bypass they bootloader except Verizon phones

god_of_wisdom

May 21, 2020
Jersey city
Can you change the title and put only exynos you misleading people who have us variants that their bootloaders can't be unlock like myself got Verizon.

Last edited by a moderator:

leo5111

Nov 27, 2010
Port Orchard WA
If you purchase it from Samsung website in the US then you’ll end up getting the US variant of N9860. Which as said before in many posts, oem unlock is probably missing.
yep he needs to get 1 i showed thats the china one, you dont want korea 1 unless you like big cutoffs in corners on screen apparently for that 1 they sourced a differnt screen

Everyone, eom unlock is not an out of the box feature for any usa device. Stop looking for the oem unlock switch. You will never see it.

But... Look at my signature. Click on the obvious link.

Just FYI, when viewing this forum on mobile, signatures aren't visible. So the fact that you have a signature may not be obvious, let alone a link in it. I honestly forget people have signatures. I don't even remember if I have one, LOL.

Thanks for the reply but you still didn't answer my question. It's the same thing god of wisdom said above. Can this method you post work for the Verizon Note20 5G Ultra. I want to get it so bad right now but I want to know if this method works on the Verizon phone. Because other U.S carriers been easy to bypass they bootloader except Verizon phones

The other US carriers have NOT been able to easily bypass the bootloader. All the US versions of the Note 20 Ultra are identical. Exactly the same down to the last screw and capacitor. The only difference is the carrier features, which install based on the SIM installed. Samsung bootloaders are no easier to unlock on any carrier version than the Verizon model. They're all the same device.

Can you change the title and put only exynos you misleading people who have us variants that their bootloaders can't be unlock like myself got Verizon.

He's not misleading. Read the OP again.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V

Like I said, it will work.... If you unlock the bootloader. My method will only work on an unlocked bootloader device. If you want to talk more about this, go to the telegram thread.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
Just FYI, when viewing this forum on mobile, signatures aren't visible. So the fact that you have a signature may not be obvious, let alone a link in it. I honestly forget people have signatures. I don't even remember if I have one, LOL.

The other US carriers have NOT been able to easily bypass the bootloader. All the US versions of the Note 20 Ultra are identical. Exactly the same down to the last screw and capacitor. The only difference is the carrier features, which install based on the SIM installed. Samsung bootloaders are no easier to unlock on any carrier version than the Verizon model. They're all the same device.

He's not misleading. Read the OP again.

Yeah, signatures aren't visible. Thanks for that. It's fine though, people can still find it if they do some work. I can't go around openly sharing certain things.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V

No. It would be misleading to say it's for exynos. I clearly state, this method and twrp will only work on an unlocked bootloader. Do you have an unlocked bootloader? No? Then it won't work. You do have an unlocked bootloader? Then it will work. Simple really. And the title says SNAPDRAGON!

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
I'm just going to flat out say it, you can unlock the bootloader on a USA note 20. You are just going to have to find out where and how. XDA is not the place to discuss it. Go to the telegram thread.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    USA stuff

I personally own the SM-N9860 device. I successfully converted the csc region to USA (tmobile) by doing the following.

1. Created a .tar of super.img from TH3 SM-N986U1 firmware (AP)
    2. Created a .tar of prism.img.lz4, optics.img.lz4, cache.img.lz4, omr.img.lz4 from TH3 SM-N986U1 firmware (CSC)
    3. Flash with odin, super.tar in the AP slot, and the CSC.tar in the CSC slot.
    4. Boot into stock recovery and perform a factory reset

You will also need to edit mps_code.dat inside /efs/imei to reflect the carrier you desire. This needs to be done from a rooted system or from TWRP. After doing this and rebooting, you will be booted into your carriers system.

--->
    https%3A%2F%2Fwww.neuraldump.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2Fteamwin.png

unofficial TWRP 3.5.0 for SM-N986x Snapdragon

*** This will only work on Snapdragon devices with an unlocked bootloader, but is technically compatible with all snapdragon Note 20 Ultra devices.

SM-N9860 - SM-N986U/U1

Telegram thread

Built using OMNI source 10.0
    TWRP v3.5.0

See post #2 for install steps

Changelog...

3.4.0-1

Initial build
    MTP, OTG and SDcard all working
    Encryption not working

3.4.0-2
    Fixed brightness
    Updated kernel

3.5.0-11
    * Android R only
    * If you are using any other version of twrp for R, I would update. Same with kernel.

Updated twrp to latest bleeding edge
    Fastboot now functional in twrp
    Keyrefuge and keystore now wipeable

TWRP Downloads

TWRP 3.5.0 Downloads
    WETA Kernel Downloads
    OrangeFox Downloads
    SkyHawk Downloads
    Forced Encryption Disabler (included in TWRPx)
    Telegram thread

--------------------->

Beer fund

XDA:DevDB Information

TWRP Note 20 Ultra (snapdragon), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Contributors
    Mentalmuso, mentalmuso
    Source Code: - Kernel Source | Device tree c2q | Device tree c1q

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 3.4.0-1

Created 2020-09-08
    Last Updated 2020-09-08
    c1q = note 20
    c2q = note 20 ultra
    x1q = s20
    y2q = s20 plus
    z3q = s20 ultra
    Whats the difference between owning a international exynos model and the non us sd model.
    Any root benefits for either one?
    TWRP 3.5.0-10

Updated recovery to 3.5

Downloads

--->