[RECOVERY][RC] TWRP for the Huawei P9 (with decryption support)

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
p9twrpdec.jpg

Hi all!

I am looking at getting official TWRP support for the P9 (aka 'Eva') (as I have for the other Huawei / Honor devices.

After creating a basic build tree, I have been spending countless hours reversing the decryption routines from the stock recovery and the good news is - I have a RC build online ready to try, complete with /data decryption!

I will be submitting the files for official TWRP support shortly, but in the mean time you can check out the build below. Flash using 'fastboot flash recovery' and, of course, use at your own risk.

Enjoy! :)
P

Last edited:

tnhh

Oct 16, 2011
You should be able to format I imagine.

Didn't work :( I think it's because it can't mount /data to format it. Now when I boot I get a message saying that encryption was not successful and it asks me to do a factory reset, but I don't know how to do that!

Attachments

• DSC_0768.jpg
    DSC_0768.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 2,343
  • DSC_0769.jpg
    DSC_0769.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 2,284
Last edited:

tnhh

Oct 16, 2011
I would suggest flashing stock recovery, or doing a format on userdata I guess.

P

Problem solved! Just in case anyone else ends up making the same silly mistakes as me...

Formatting userdata doesn't seem to work; this seems to be a common problem on Huawei devices.
Code:
> fastboot format userdata
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

But flashing the stock recovery (I used the recovery found in the SRK tool from http://xdaforums.com/p9/development/tool-srk-tool-huawei-bootloader-root-t3374068) did work.

Thanks for all your help!

raber111

Aug 25, 2013
And you try to format data ? Not factory reset ? Format . it must work . it works for any other phones with Android 6 . but then you will need to flash custom ROM .

Отправлено с моего HTC One_M8 через Tapatalk

umair9001

Mar 21, 2010
Doha
www.facebook.com

paratox

Feb 18, 2010
@paulobrien you are our huawei p9 hero! without your work the device would only be half as good as it is now! :good::D

Last edited:

raber111

Aug 25, 2013
Maybe because of size ? More then 4 gigs ?

Отправлено с моего SM-G930F через Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    p9twrpdec.jpg

Hi all!

I am looking at getting official TWRP support for the P9 (aka 'Eva') (as I have for the other Huawei / Honor devices.

After creating a basic build tree, I have been spending countless hours reversing the decryption routines from the stock recovery and the good news is - I have a RC build online ready to try, complete with /data decryption!

I will be submitting the files for official TWRP support shortly, but in the mean time you can check out the build below. Flash using 'fastboot flash recovery' and, of course, use at your own risk.

Enjoy! :)
    P
    Decryption reverse engineered, coming soon!

P

fc0a736873fa2f1bad2cfcaa034945a7.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk
    @paulobrien

Hi,

Are you still developing this TWRP for the P9 as it's been over a month since the rc3 update?

I assume you may be having trouble solving the error 255 issue, if so, can any of us on here assist in any way? (Not that I'd personally be much help with coding I'm afraid, but you never know!)

I did manage to find and install a TWRP from a Chinese forum (Lol at google translate!), but it had the same issue, so was probably only yours repackaged.

Cheers

Col.

Hi mate!

Yes, I am - I've been working on getting a raft of TWRP releases officially supported for Huawei devices, including the P9 / Eva - http://www.modaco.com/news/android/...ilable-for-8-more-huawei-honor-devices-r1654/

This has been my top priority recently, because official support means things are smoother going forward for fixes, TWRP updates and much more.

With regards to error 255 I am still investigating - it seems to affect a whole load of devices, not just Huaweis, so I'm still working on it.

P
    Updated to RC3 with various fixes.

P
    with android 7 beta it is no more possible to boot into TWRP.
    @paulobrien or @surdu_petru do you think it is possible to fix this?

When I'll start working on cm-14.1 , I'll fix this issue .