superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Last edited:

T-1311

Jan 25, 2010
Yihaa ... Downloads are back again! Thanks.
I already have 2,5GB System, can I flash the CTR-Recovery without losing my Data?

Last edited:

g.viegas S_Duos

Apr 29, 2014
hi #superdragonpt this is looking a awesome job on the wiko darkmoon.
where are the tutorial to the stock mod install with the SPflashtools?

Im getting a very instable battery problems in my wiko.... its possible that with a new rom these problems will be corrected?

Um Abraço/ Regards
G.Viegas

rictec

Jan 22, 2005
are any on those files available

Mod Extended Userdata v1 ( 2GB ) --> Removed / Use the v2

This Mod will extend userdata partition to 2GB (stock size is 1GB) and the rest of the space will remain for the internal sdcard

NOTE: Make an FULL backup of your Rom under Recovery, and don't forget to also backup your Internal SDCard since it will be full erased

Instructions:

• Download the Mod extended USRDATA.zip
  • Shutdown your phone
  • Extract the .zip
  • Open SP_Flash_Tool dir > Flash_tool.exe
  • In scatter-loading load the MT6582_Android_scatter.txt from the Internal_2GB_Mod Dir
  • Press Download
  • After flashing is complete, boot into recovery mode and format /data (under Mounts and Storage Menu)
  • Optionally, if you want to restore previously saved userdata, go to backup / restore > and restore data (advanced restore feature)
  • Profit ;)

Mod Extended Userdata v2 (2.5 GB)

This Mod will extend userdata partition to 2.5GB (stock size is 1GB) and the rest of the space will remain for the internal sdcard

NOTE: Make an FULL backup of your Rom under Recovery, and don't forget to also backup your Internal SDCard since it will be full erased

Instructions:

• Download the Mod extended USRDATA_2.5GB.zip
  • Shutdown your phone
  • Extract the .zip
  • In scatter-loading load the MT6582_Android_scatter.txt from the Internal_2.5GB_Mod Dir
  • Press Download
  • After flashing is complete, boot into recovery mode and format /data (under Mounts and Storage Menu)
  • Optionally, if you want to restore previously saved userdata, go to backup / restore > and restore data (advanced restore feature)
  • Profit ;)

Reverting to the Stock ROM

This will revert back your phone to STOCK (including the stock recovery), in case you need to send your phone to the Service Center

Instructions:

Go to Wiko's website and download the latest Rom Version:
http://fr.wikomobile.com/maj.php?telephone=131

Follow the instructions given ...

Older instructions:

• Download the DARKMOON_JB4.2.2._Stock Rom-wiko_rev8.zip
  • Use the SPFlashTool that i provided with the CWM Recovery .zip
  • Make sure phone is fully charged
  • Shutdown your phone
  • Extract the .zip
  • In scatter-loading load the MT6582_Android_scatter.txt
  • Press Download
  • After flashing is complete,you'll see an green circle
  • Profit ;)

Why cant i download any of the files posted here? aren't they available?

Reactions: greenManGaming

Phk

Olá SuperDragão, Parabéns pelo teu trabalho!

Hello SuperDragon, Congrats for your work on this phone.

I have an old darkmoon device that I use for tethering\hotspot at work. I've flashed your recovery, and everything was OK.
Unfortunately I've allowed the system to do an official System Upgrade and now the phone is stuck on your recovery.
I've tried every hardbutton combo and power-off\power-on, but it always goes to recovery.

Any ideas on this? Please advise!

Cheers,
pHk

greenManGaming

Jan 26, 2016
hi,

i couldnt find a way to download the files for extending the internal memory. is there some trick?

----

EDIT
found the download: its in post#1

Last edited:

bnando

Oct 30, 2015
Cannot download files

I cannot download any of the files... I tried the recovery file and first I donwloaded one .rar file, that has an .exe file, that downloads a *.zip.dat file with 56kb which I can't open.

Is there other location to download the files?

Thanks.

Robertlb

Mar 18, 2016
BLU Studio XL will not boot into recovery mode

My cousins non rooted Blu Studio XL (MT6582) got bricked during a update. It kept hanging at the BLU startup screen. It was still able to boot into factory recovery mode, but none of the option available did anything.

I then flashed the phone with the autoformat function of SP Flash and downloaded a Philz custom recovery.img. Both were successful, only problem is that the phone will not boot into recovery mode anymore :(. It doesn't even turn on anymore. It is still recognized by the PC and I can still download files to the phone using SP flash.

I have already tried downloading different (Wiko, TWRP) custom recover.img files with SP flash, but still the phone does not boot into recovery mode.
Am I doing something wrong, is there something else I can try:confused:

BTW, the battery can not be removed on this phone, but I was still able to flash and download recovery.img files with SP flash.

Any advise/tips will be appreciated.

Thanks

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
My cousins non rooted Blu Studio XL (MT6582) got bricked during a update. It kept hanging at the BLU startup screen. It was still able to boot into factory recovery mode, but none of the option available did anything.

I then flashed the phone with the autoformat function of SP Flash and downloaded a Philz custom recovery.img. Both were successful, only problem is that the phone will not boot into recovery mode anymore :(. It doesn't even turn on anymore. It is still recognized by the PC and I can still download files to the phone using SP flash.

I have already tried downloading different (Wiko, TWRP) custom recover.img files with SP flash, but still the phone does not boot into recovery mode.
Am I doing something wrong, is there something else I can try:confused:

BTW, the battery can not be removed on this phone, but I was still able to flash and download recovery.img files with SP flash.

Any advise/tips will be appreciated.

Thanks
You, need to get firmware for your own device, what you did wasn't very smart. You could have ported the recoveries prior to formatting phone and would have been OK.

But you formatted phone, that is the worst thing you could have done beside dropping your phone in a pool.

You need to find factory firmware for your device, and flash it, if you can't find it you will have to buy it.

Sent from my BLU ENERGY X PLUS using Tapatalk

Robertlb

Mar 18, 2016
Confused

You, need to get firmware for your own device, what you did wasn't very smart. You could have ported the recoveries prior to formatting phone and would have been OK.

But you formatted phone, that is the worst thing you could have done beside dropping your phone in a pool.

You need to find factory firmware for your device, and flash it, if you can't find it you will have to buy it.

Thanks for the reply Vampirefo. The phone was already "bricked" (stuck at BLU startup logo) before i formatted it. I was trying to install temasek's UNOFFICIAL CM12.1 BUILD for MT6582 devices. In order to do that I needed a custom recovery.

I thought i could use any custom recovery.img for MT6582 together with SP flash. So if I understand it correctly, I need a recovery.img for my specific phone model, not one for all mt6582 devices. That means, there is no other way to download another custom recovery.img with SP flash to get the phone to boot into recovery mode?

thanks again,

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
Thanks for the reply Vampirefo. The phone was already "bricked" (stuck at BLU startup logo) before i formatted it. I was trying to install temasek's UNOFFICIAL CM12.1 BUILD for MT6582 devices. In order to do that I needed a custom recovery.

I thought i could use any custom recovery.img for MT6582 together with SP flash. So if I understand it correctly, I need a recovery.img for my specific phone model, not one for all mt6582 devices. That means, there is no other way to download another custom recovery.img with SP flash to get the phone to boot into recovery mode?

thanks again,
You need the kernel from your stock boot.img or recovery.img you can't just use any custom recovery you have to port it to your device.

Robertlb

Mar 18, 2016
It's getting clearer now

You need the kernel from your stock boot.img or recovery.img you can't just use any custom recovery you have to port it to your device.

Thanks again Vampirefo, the more I read the more I realize I acted very careless (dumb, so you will:)). I should have researched more before I did what I did.

One more question though, i flashed the phone but with the option, everthing except the bootloader. Does that mean that I can still extract/create a boot.img file from the phone?

thanks.

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
Thanks again Vampirefo, the more I read the more I realize I acted very careless (dumb, so you will:)). I should have researched more before I did what I did.

One more question though, i flashed the phone but with the option, everthing except the bootloader. Does that mean that I can still extract/create a boot.img file from the phone?

thanks.
No, means your phone is done, unless you find or buy stock firmware.

Sent from my BLU ENERGY X PLUS using XDA-Developers mobile app

manuelp135

Apr 28, 2016
Hi, i downloaded the .zip's in the first post in order to repartition the internal memory. I can't find the file MT6582_Android_scatter.txt inside the Internal_2.5GB_Mod Dir zip, there is only one .exe, and it seems like virus. Can you please check?

MACHiNERiC

Aug 7, 2016
Boas caro amigo superdragonpt!

Recentemente instalei a rom 4.4.2 stock. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658343)
Mudou drasticamente a rapidez e a fluidez do meu Darkmoon, parabéns e obrigado! Está excelente!

Mas continuo com o mesmo problema desde que comprei o telemóvel: NÃO TENHO GPS!! Fica a procurar os satélites no GPS Status, fico mais de uma hora à procura e nada, aparece-me quase sempre 0/11 satélites fixados.

Há alguma forma de resolver isto? Como mudar a antena por exemplo, dá? E se der, como posso fazer?

Outra coisa, desde que instalei a rom notei um problema no volume do som.
Ora vamos ver se consigo explicar o problema:
Quando estou a ver um video no youtube ou a ouvir musica o volume do som muda sem que mexa no volume em si, mas atenção que o volume em si não muda!! (Como mostra na screenshot)
cnt9Klv.png

Parece que algum efeito está activado, é difícil de explicar.
Por exemplo, se estiver a ver um video em que estão pessoas a falar baixo e de repente haver uma explosão o volume altera e fica mais alto, e se voltar para trás onde estavam as pessoas a falar, o volume está mais alto, quando não estava antes. (Novamente, o volume em si no android nunca alterou, é o volume que sai da coluna que muda. Como na screenshot acima mostra, está sempre inalterado, tanto no mínimo como em qualquer outro nível!)

Obrigado desde já e cumprimentos!

Ric

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER:

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * DO NOT LEECH MY DOWNLOADS, PLEASE RE-DIRECT YOUR FORUM /PAGE 
     * TO THIS THREAD, IF YOU LIKE MY WORK, YOU CAN SAY THANKS, 
     * AND MAYBE BUY ME SOME BEERS
     */

Hello Guys ! ;)

In this thread you will find my custom ROM And Recovery for the Wiko DarkMoon
    Please be sure to read (and re-read) this carefully in order to avoid unnecessary questions.

Instructions and Frequently asked questions (FAQ):

For Instructions jump into post #2.
    FAQ jump into post #3.
    Wiko DarkMoon internal memory re-partition, jump into post #4.
    How to Revert to the STOCK Rom / Recovery / Partition Layout, jump into post #4.

Recovery INFO

The salient features of Carliv Touch Recovery include:

• Based on CWM 6.0.4.4
    • Full Touch Support
    • With features of Cannibal Open Touch
    • Aroma File Manager Support
    • Support for both Edify and Amend scripting allows flashing all ROMs
    • Touch screen button controls
    • Advanced Backup
    • Advanced Restore
    • Delete old backups
    • Persistent settings
    • User-defined backup locations
    • ADB Sideload

Update CTR v2.5 (30/07/2014)

Changelogs:
    • New Menu Layout
    • Tar + Gzip Backup Compression : ( "Backup/Restore" -> "Default Backup Format" )
    • Your Backups will be smaller now, just like on the old native CWM
    • Removed "wipe all" option from wipe menu ( if you need to wipe system, use "format system" from "mounts/storage")
    • Rearanged menu order in root menu to restore CWM order
    • There's now an "nvram backup/restore" menu in "carliv" section
    • The nvram partition will be backed up in clockworkmod/backup folder as nvram.img. This will help if you lose IMEI and other communication features. It will work only if you have the nvram partition of size 0x500000 (check your scatter) and if you have the nvram defined as /dev/nvram path in recovery.fstab. If the nvram partition is damaged (as in flashing an oversized recovery) this will not help you, and you need SPFlashTools to reflash with format your phone official firmware, and after that flash this recovery, boot in recovery and restore nvram.
    • some other small changes.

Changelogs
    Android 4.2.2 (JB) Based custom ROM:
    Changelog Build v1.0 (February 22 2014)

Based on official Android 4.2.2 ROM (WIKO DARKMOON Version 8)
    Kernel 3.4.5

Custom Mods:

• User customize-able installation based on AROMA installer
    • Pre-rooted with SuperSU (v1.93)
    • Debloated
    • Added BusyBox (v1.22.1 - Stericson)
    • Added Ad blocker (patched "host" file)
    • Ziplagned apks (better performance)
    • init.d support with performance scripts
    • Network, wifi, power saving, and several other tweeks
    • Updated APN's from CyanogenMOD repo
    • Added Performance Control (several CPU/System Mods)
    • Added in-built Xposed framework and Latest Gravity BOX module v2.9.7 (Several System Mods)
    • Acess To the Mediatek MTK Eng Mode

Added the following Android 4.4 KitKat Goodies:
    • Apps (Including Google Launcher - GEL, with Voice Search )
    • Bootanimation
    • QuickOffice
    • And other necessary system files

Kernel:

• Insecure
    • Removed Mediatek debugger (mtk.aee.aed Daemon; etc)
    • USB Mass Storage as Default (instead of MTP)

GPL Compliance:
    Kernel 3.4.5
    Github Kernel Repo

Credits:

• SuperDragonPT ;)
    • Wiko
    • Carliv (Awesome CWM based Recovery)
    • iBotPeaches, brut.all (for apktool)
    • amarullz (for AROMA Installer)
    • Chainfire (for SuperSU)
    • rovo89 (for the AWESOME Xposed Framework), Learn More Here
    • C3C076 (For the AWESOME Xposed GravityBox module), Learn More Here
    • bgcngm(For Maintaining the Gbox JB Branch)
    • h0rn3t and educk (for Performance Control), Learn More Here

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY] [ROM] Wiko DarkMoon (MT6582) [MULTILANG] , ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    superdragonpt
    Source Code: https://github.com/dragonpt/Kernel_Wiko_DarkMoon_Custom

ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-02-22

Created 2014-02-22
    Last Updated 2015-02-14
    Wiko DarkMoon internal memory re-partition

Mod Extended Userdata v1 ( 2GB ) --> Removed / Use the v2

This Mod will extend userdata partition to 2GB (stock size is 1GB) and the rest of the space will remain for the internal sdcard

Instructions:

• Download the Mod extended USRDATA.zip
    • Shutdown your phone
    • Extract the .zip
    • In scatter-loading load the MT6582_Android_scatter.txt from the Internal_2GB_Mod Dir
    • Press Download
    • Profit ;)

Mod Extended Userdata v2 (2.5 GB)

This Mod will extend userdata partition to 2.5GB (stock size is 1GB) and the rest of the space will remain for the internal sdcard

Instructions:

• Download the Mod extended USRDATA_2.5GB.zip
    • Shutdown your phone
    • Extract the .zip
    • In scatter-loading load the MT6582_Android_scatter.txt from the Internal_2.5GB_Mod Dir
    • Press Download
    • Profit ;)

Reverting to the Stock ROM

This will revert back your phone to STOCK (including the stock recovery), in case you need to send your phone to the Service Center

Instructions:

Go to Wiko's website and download the latest Rom Version:
    http://fr.wikomobile.com/maj.php?telephone=131

Follow the instructions given ...

Older instructions:

• Download the DARKMOON_JB4.2.2._Stock Rom-wiko_rev8.zip
    • Use the SPFlashTool that i provided with the CWM Recovery .zip
    • Make sure phone is fully charged
    • Shutdown your phone
    • Extract the .zip
    • In scatter-loading load the MT6582_Android_scatter.txt
    • Press Download
    • After flashing is complete,you'll see an green circle
    • Profit ;)

How to flash custom recovery:

• Make Sure your Phone is fully Charged
    • Make an Full Backup of your files (Photos/Contacts, etc)
    • Download The MT65xx_USB_VCOM_drivers.zip
    • Install The Mediatek VCOM Drivers (For Detailed Drivers instalation Instructions, please check this thread)

• Download The Wiko Recovery and FlashTool
    • Extract the .zip and you'll see two folders "Recovery" and "SP_Flash_Tool"
    • Open "SP_Flash_Tool" > Flash_tool.exe > Scatter-Loading> And select the "MT6582_Android_scatter.txt" from the "Recovery" Folder
    • Turn OFF your Phone
    • Press "Download" (don't worry with the pop-up "Download-Warning" Message), press YES
    • Connect Your Phone to PC (Turned OFF) , The Flash Progress should beginn, when its succesfully Finished A Green Ring will shown.
    • Congrats The Recovery is installed ;)

How to enter into recovery mode:

• With the Phone completely turned off...
    • Press and hold VOL. UP + VOL DOWN + POWER keys and turn on the phone.
    • Keep holding the keys, wait until you see on Phone:
    Code:
    "Recovery Mode: Volume UP"
    "Factory Mode: Volume Down"
    • Then Press on VOL. UP key, and Recovery will load.

Navigation under recovery mode:

• As soon as the splash logo disappears, Carliv Touch Recovery menu will appear. Navigation is Full Touch.
    • You can also use VOLUME keys (navigate up with VOL. UP and navigate down with VOL. DOWN) and POWER key to apply the action.
    • Scroll Pages under Recovery: To Scroll page down you have to swipe right, and for scroll page up to swipe left. Also swipe left for Go Back.
    Aroma File Manager:

This Recovery Supports the Aroma File Manager
    Whats this? Check here

• Download the Aroma File Manager
    • Then just copy the aroma .*zip into the "Clockworkmod" folder on the root of your SD Card

Flashing The ROM:

• Copy The ROM to The External SDCard

On Recovery:

• Wipe Menu> Wipe All Data - PreFlash (Select YES - Wipe All)
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache (Select YES - Wipe Dalvik Cache)
    • Install zip > Choose zip SDCard (Select the location of the ROM.zip)
    • And Follow The On-Screen AROMA Installer Instructions
    • In the End the Phone will Reboot Itself
    • The first Boot will take some minutes (it's normal)

F.A.Q

Q: How Can i acess The MTK Eng Mode?
    A: GravityBox >Engineering Mode

Q: What Mods can i do on the Eng.Mode?
    A: There are alot of things you can do, the two most common are:

Increasing volume Level:
    MTK Menu> Hardware Testing> Audio> On the "headset mode" and "LoundSpeaker Mode" set max values to 145 (The max is 160, but i dont advise it, stay safe and use the 145 value)

Speed up the GPS reception :

(Before Going to the MTK Menu)
    • Open the app "FasterGPS", and give it root permissions
      Choose your Continent, your region (at this point, your gps is properly configured with your country *.ntp values)
    (Now on MTK Menu ...)
    • MTK Menu> Location> Location Based Service> On the "AGPS" tab, tick the "Enable A-GPS", and on the "EPO" tab, tick "Enable EPO" and "Auto Download" , this last option will download the EPO files it requires an data connection.

• Start the app "GPS Status", in the first Satts Lock, you need to wait a little bit (it can take up to 15m, be sure you are in an Open Area).
      When you get an good lock, on Satts, your DONE.

A: I dont see the Development Options, how can i acess it?
    Q: Unlocking the Development Options:

• Go to "Settings" > "About Phone"
    • Then tap 7 times on the "Build Number"

Q: Where are the Development Options?
    A: Settings> Developer Options

Q: What is the Performance Control?
    A: Its an Control Panel, where you can Change / managed the CPU Governors/ IO Shedulers / among several other things.

Q: The Launcher sometimes seems an bit laggy
    A: Go to Settings> Developer Options> on "Window animation scale" set it to .5x, and on "Transition animation scale" set it to .5x

Q: I really like your work, how can i thank you?
    A: You can press the "THANKS" button, and if you want, you can donate some beers to me ;)
    is there any way to install the drivers and flash the recovery on ubuntu 14.04 LTS?
    There is no way to install on Linux Distros...

MTK Flash Tools and their drivers are only compatible with Windows.

ONtopic:

I finnaly managed to fix and build an custom kernel for our DarkMoon (Official sources are faulty ...)
    Expect an custom kernel on the following weeks ;)

PqQ28Dm.png

Regards