Recovery & Root for MM .575 & .291 LB

Search This thread

liffeous

Oct 24, 2018
If you're planning to install Magisk, your botloadee should be unlocked. Why bother with this old solution? Use a fastboot command to flash a TWRP recovery image to your FOTAKernel partition, enter TWRP and install Magisk. You should have root access right away

I have been trying hard to research on this. Magisk requires unlocked bootloader but my 5833 is Bootloader that cannot be unlocked (as indicated). So I was trying to access 575 to allow me to install custom recovery. No?

JJ

sugarbrie

Oct 18, 2018
This Threads 575 method

I have been trying hard to research on this. Magisk requires unlocked bootloader but my 5833 is Bootloader that cannot be unlocked (as indicated). So I was trying to access 575 to allow me to install custom recovery. No?

JJ

Follow this guide exactly. It clearly walks you step by step through the 575 flash method on the first page here. You will see that the Kernel files need to be renamed after downloading. Some other things unclear on this thread are explained better.
https://xdaforums.com/z3-compact/general/guide-newbshow-to-291-mm-z3clocked-t3536395

maverick6664

Aug 18, 2017
Follow this guide exactly. It clearly walks you step by step through the 575 flash method on the first page here. You will see that the Kernel files need to be renamed after downloading. Some other things unclear on this thread are explained better.
https://xdaforums.com/z3-compact/general/guide-newbshow-to-291-mm-z3clocked-t3536395

yeah, it's possible and I have also tried it, only to find magisk was too far advanced for xperia z3c stock firmware. It gave me error messages and failed to root. :mad: We'd better stick to SuperSU.

mobin989

Aug 28, 2019
If your phone does not enter recovery after running the install.bat and will normally rise up, check out the following:

1) Disable your antivirus before extracting the Recovery.zip (to avoid deleting the ivoryroot and not seeing the following errors)
Code:
chmod: /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/install_twrp_recovery.sh: Not a
directory
chmod: /data/local/tmp/mm_twrp_recovery_install/iovyroot: Not a directory

2) Connect your phone to the computer with MTP (check out the phone that is not connect with PC in a charging only state, in this case the "not found" errors is observed)

3) Open the install.bat as normal (do not run it as run as administrator, in this case you will see an errors like the following error repeatedly)
Code:
cannot stat 'boot_twrp_recovery.sh': No such file or directory
cannot stat 'busybox': No such file or directory
cannot stat 'byeselinux.ko': No such file or directory

Last edited:

xhardyx

Nov 10, 2019
Hi, I have succesfully rooted my Z3C thanks to this post. I really appreciate it...
Btw, i have a Z4C (Xperia A4).. Which is almost similar to Z3C (Even their spareparts are identical) which i really want to root.
I can cross flash Z3C Japan ROM into it, but can't seem to flash global Z3C ROM into my Z4C.. And this stock kernels are only for Z3C Global ROMs..
Can Anyone teach me how to make stock kernel for my Z4C?
Or any other method is fine, I Just want TWRP in my Z4C (With android 6.0)
I am willing to donate a fair amount to any developers.... Though i cant offer much..

Note: I can sucessfully root my Z4C if i downgraded it to Android 5.0.. Problem is, i need android 6.0

amarmak

Feb 11, 2012
Thanks my Z3 compact is rooted. I want to install xposed, anyone here with any luck installing that. Which version to install and where can i download it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello my friends, i'm glad to present you utility for installing custom recovery & root to your phone, working on stock MM .575 LB
    You don't need root on your phone to run this utility!

How-to:
    * you need stock MM .575 or .291 firmware
    * if you have .291 firmware, you need flash stock kernel.sin (575) via FlashTool and turn on your phone. After, when script done and you reboot in custom recovery, flash SuperSU, then turn off your phone and flash back kernel.sin (291)
    * download zip and extract to your computer
    * enable USB-debugging on your phone and plug phone to computer
    * run install.bat as administrator

When all finished your phone reboot in custom recovery.
    Then you can install any supersu.zip in custom recovery.
    Now you have last TWRP, busybox and root :good:
    Enjoy!

FOR ALL WHO WANTS INSTALL Slimm and other custom zips with UUID METHOD READ --> THIS

UPDATE_07.09.2016:
    * added support D5833 and D6603
    * added stock kernel for FlashTool (see attach). just change .zip to .ftf
    * TWRP with new functions like adb backup and auto-reboot (check lastest commits)
    * busybox with FULL Selinux support like setenforce, setsebool etc...
    * added clean tmp files command

UPDATE_08.09.2016:
    * fix error with daemon (adb) - please run this .bat as administrator

UPDATE_04.11.2016:
    * add linux installer version HERE

UPDATE_23.01.17:
    * twrp 3.0.3 (if you are already have recovery, just copy recovery.twrp.cpio.lzma from this zip to your phone /system/etc/mm_twrp_recovery/ and replace. Don't forget chmod 644)
    * busybox 1.26.2 (to update copy busybox from this zip to your phone /system/xbin/ and replace. Don't forget chmod 755)

UPDATE_15.03.17:
    * update TWRP to 3.1.0-0
    * added vold decryptions --> READ
    * added zip for update the current version. just flash it in recovery.
    UPDATE_13.05.2017
    * update TWRP to 3.1.1-0

@zxz0O0 for iovyroot
    @Wolfbreak for idea with recroot
    @shoey63 for show me HOW. Thanks again, bro
    @Macsek for linux installer
    Good News and Bad News.
    - Bad news is the vulnerability has been patched in the new release 23.5.A.1.291.
    - Good news is new release still boots on 23.5.A.0.575 kernel.
    - Soo . . . flash new 23.5.A.1.291 firmware with flashtool, then flash only the kernel from 23.5.A.0.575 firmware, reboot and run the tool to get root and recovery, then flash only the kernel from 23.5.A.1.291 firmware
    - ????
    - Profit!
    - You will be rooted on latest firmware, even with locked bootloader, lmao.

Edit:
    Here is a new iovyroot binary I have compiled. It needs to go in - Recovery_for_MM575 \files
    I have added support for the following 23.5.A.0.575 firmwares

• - D5833 (Tested and working)
      - D6633 (Tested and working)
      - D6653 (Tested and working)
      - D6603 (Tested and working)
    @russel5, is it Ok if I make a thread about this in Z3 forums?
    installing from linux

Hi folks,

I modified the windows-only method to run under linux, created install.sh (had to compress it to upload in xda, run gunzip install.sh.gz to extract).
    @russel5, can you please insert a link to this post in the 1st post, others can find it useful too.

"Thanks! :good:" button is for free ;)
    This is basically the "MM TWRP Recovery for Locked BL" I've created months ago for Z3C, Z3 and Z2, slightly modified with root solution already in the pack. Great edit!
    Thread updated, enjoy.