• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][ROOT][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.3.1-X for the Galaxy J727P (J7 Perx)

Search This thread

minz1

Recognized Developer
Aug 10, 2016
TWRP has come to the SM-J727P!

In order to install this, follow these instructions:
  1. Enable OEM Unlock in developer settings
  2. Enter download mode (Press and hold home + volDown + Power when powered off)
  3. Using Odin, click the 'AP' tab and select the twrp-3.3.1-1-j7popltespr.img.tar file you've downloaded.
  4. Flash the TWRP image, then hold home + volUp + Power
  5. Congratulations, you are now booted into TWRP!

Remember, on the stock ROM, dm-verity is enabled. What does this mean? If you swipe to allow system modifications, you must flash something that disables dm-verity (such as magisk or a dm-verity disabler.)
Also, on the stock ROM, you MUST format /data before performing any actions, due to the fact that it is force-encrypted by default.

BUGS:
  • None, as far as I'm aware.

TWRP PAGE

If you appreciate any of what I've done for this device and wish to buy me a coffee or something of the sort, you can donate to me at [email protected] (Paypal)

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP for j7popltespr, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy J7

Contributors
minz1
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information

Created 2017-10-22
Last Updated 2019-08-06

Last edited:

minz1

Recognized Developer
Aug 10, 2016
As proof:
fCI254b.png

peter couniaz

Dec 18, 2011
Virgin mobile galaxy J727P

3. Using Odin, click the 'AP' tab and select the twrp-3.1.1-X-j7popltespr.tar file you've downloaded.

Remember, on the stock ROM, dm-verity is enabled. What does this mean? If you swipe to allow system modifications, you must flash something that disables dm-verity (such as magisk or a dm-verity disabler.)

BUGS:

DOWNLOAD

If you appreciate any of what I've done for this device and wish to buy me a coffee or something of the sort, you can donate to me at [email protected] (Paypal)

Contributors
minz1
Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8953

Version Information

Created 2017-10-22
Last Updated 2017-10-22
This is great thank you for all your good work !!?

Reactions: akadriu

Tyreethetruth

Jul 30, 2017
So to be clear, do I have to format the phone before flashing any zip everytime?

Nope! Format data once to get rid of Samsung's encryption, then once you flash something that disables dm-verity and force encryption you'll be good.

So format data before flashing twrp via odin then flash magisk or format after flashing twrp then flash magisk? Also will flashing supersu also disable dm-verity?

EDIT: I figured it out, thanks for bringing TWRP to this device! Now lets see who can bring lineage(preferably oreo) to this phone.

Last edited:

minz1

Recognized Developer
Aug 10, 2016
So format data before flashing twrp via odin then flash magisk or format after flashing twrp then flash magisk? Also will flashing supersu also disable dm-verity?

EDIT: I figured it out, thanks for bringing TWRP to this device! Now lets see who can bring lineage(preferably oreo) to this phone.

Don't you worry, Lineage is in the works :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3. Using Odin, click the 'AP' tab and select the twrp-3.3.1-1-j7popltespr.img.tar file you've downloaded.

Also, on the stock ROM, you MUST format /data before performing any actions, due to the fact that it is force-encrypted by default.

BUGS:

TWRP PAGE

Contributors
    minz1
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information

Created 2017-10-22
    Last Updated 2019-08-06

Don't you worry, Lineage is in the works :D
    This is great thank you for all your good work !!

There's a button made just for thanking ?
    Twrp update 3.3.1-1 does any one know if the update on twrp site is an update minz1 twrp pie update or are thay still updating the one for 7.0 ??

The official TWRP is completely up to date with my Pie changes. You're good to go to download that!