[RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Dual SIM (GT-I9192)

Search This thread

arco68

Recognized Developer
  • Oct 11, 2010
    WARNING! ONLY USE THIS ON THE GT-I9192 MODEL!

Hello all S4 Mini owners!

I'm happy to finally release ClockworkMod recovery and an insecure kernel for the GT-I9192. With these two installed on your device, obtaining root is easy.

Attached to this post is the necessary files needed for this task. Download the following files:

• Odin_v3.09.zip (if you don't have it already)
    • recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranodsdd.tar.zip
    • S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (contains SuperSU v1.89 and BusyBox v1.21.1)
    Extract recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranodsdd.tar.zip file to your computer.

The procedure is as:

1. Copy the "S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip" to your device SD card.
    2. Turn off the phone.
    3. Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
    4. Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
    5. Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
    6. Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranodsdd.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
    7. After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
    8. Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
    9. After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.
    To get rid of the the warnings about applications doing not permitted actions, delete the following files from system/app, or let SuperSU fix it for you.
    • KNOXAgent.apk
    • KNOXStore.apk
    • ContainerAgent.apk

Attachments

• Odin_v3.09.zip
      971.8 KB · Views: 83,487
    • S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip
      1.5 MB · Views: 139,857
      7.3 MB · Views: 99,181
    Last edited:

vichunni

Apr 30, 2013
    Thrissur
    Difference with other rooting methods....???

I'm happy to finally release ClockworkMod recovery and an insecure kernel for the GT-I9192. With these two installed on your device, obtaining root is easy.

Attached to this post is the necessary files needed for this task. Download the following files:

• recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-serranodsub.tar.zip
    • S4Mini_RootKit_v1.zip (contains SuperSU v1.65 and BusyBox v1.21.1)
    Extract recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-serranodsub.tar.zip file to your computer.

The procedure is as:

1. Copy the "S4Mini_RootKit_v1.zip" to your device SD card.
    2. Turn off the phone.
    6. Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-serranodsub.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
    7. After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
    8. Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
    To get rid of the the warnings about applications doing not permitted actions, delete the following files from system/app

• KNOXAgent.apk
    • KNOXStore.apk
    • ContainerAgent.apk

Hi...

Appreciate your effort....!!

Could you please tell what is its difference from other rooting methods currently available in xda..??

Does it have BLN support...??

Awaiting your reply....

Thanx in advance.....:)

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Eagerly waiting for the working CM 10.2 Rom....!!

Please fix the errors and upload it s early as possible....!!

arco68

Recognized Developer
  • Oct 11, 2010
    is it change samething?
    To see if it fixes the sim card not found issue. If not then I don't know what's wrong, as I don't have this phone myself so I can test. Could be that the multi sim stuff in 4.3 isn't compatible with the current drivers available for this phone, and in that case it won't be possible to have a working CM for it.

Corias

May 12, 2009
    Moscow
    Can you try adding the following to build.prop?

ro.telephony.ril.v3=qcomdsds

Could you rebuild ROM or create separate flashable zip for correct build.prop, please? Your recovery is incompatible with AROMA filemanager, cannot apply corrections after flashing ROM

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Arco, the reason we cannot change props file from ROM itself is that device is stuck on welcome screen with SystemUI crash messages.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9192

Upd: Editing build.prop did not fix neither no sim/network message, nor systemui force close
    Maybe there is something deeper than just drivers? Framework for them, for example? When running I9192 with I9195 ROM, systemui does not perform fc.

Last edited:

arco68

Recognized Developer
  • Oct 11, 2010
    Weird. Try removing the following from build.prop. It should work in single sim card mode then.

Code:
    # System prop to enable DSDS
    persist.dsds.enabled=true
    persist.multisim.config=dsds

# System prop for DSDS model *no binding subscription for QMI_WDS* message
    persist.radio.dont_use_dsd=true

Is sim card and network working with the 9195 rom?

Corias

May 12, 2009
    Moscow
    Weird. Try removing the following from build.prop. It should work in single sim card mode then.

Code:
    # System prop to enable DSDS
    persist.dsds.enabled=true
    persist.multisim.config=dsds

# System prop for DSDS model *no binding subscription for QMI_WDS* message
    persist.radio.dont_use_dsd=true

Is sim card and network working with the 9195 rom?

I have to use my I9192 as primiary device on this weekend, so I will test it out after 27th.

Nope, no network (but no empty sim slot message) on official cm roms from I9190 and I9195.

s0cks

Dec 13, 2008
    Portugal

• recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-serranodsub.tar.zip
    • S4Mini_RootKit_v1.zip (contains SuperSU v1.65 and BusyBox v1.21.1)
    Extract recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-serranodsub.tar.zip file to your computer.

The procedure is as:

1. Copy the "S4Mini_RootKit_v1.zip" to your device SD card.
    2. Turn off the phone.
    6. Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-serranodsub.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
    To get rid of the the warnings about applications doing not permitted actions, delete the following files from system/app

• KNOXAgent.apk
    • KNOXStore.apk
    • ContainerAgent.apk

I am running I9192UBUAMH2.
    I was able to flash the recovery you posted, however I can't enter on it with VOL UP+HOME+PWR. Simply got a blank screen and after some seconds the phone reboots normally... :(

Ops, my bad. I got it working...
    Thanks!

Last edited:

Corias

May 12, 2009
    Moscow
    Arco, i've tried to delete persist.dsds.enabled etc. strings, systemui works now, but no network. What exactly did you modify in this CM build? Any information helps

arco68

Recognized Developer
  • Oct 11, 2010
    Arco, i've tried to delete persist.dsds.enabled etc. strings, systemui works now, but no network. What exactly did you modify in this CM build? Any information helps

Take a look here:

https://github.com/arco/android_device_samsung_serranodsub
    https://github.com/arco/android_vendor_samsung_serranodsub

That should be all you need to build for the I9192. I'm not sure why network isn't working on this device, but it might be because the multi-sim for 4.3 that CM integrated doesn't work properly with the 4.2 libs from stock rom.

Reactions: ossman and fburgos

Acedooncoon

Nov 4, 2007
    New York
    My co-worker...just got the samsung s 4 mini dous about a week ago (model number GT-I9192). I want to help her root...but her baseband and build number both end with "XXXUAMH2" and doesnt match the number shown on the first post of this thread. She has checked to see if there was a system update, but the phone says its up to date. Can her phone still be rooted using the file on this thread or do she need a new set of files? I have searched the form for rooting information for her phone...but all I see is info for the other models Ex. I9190 and I9195 etc....
    Perhaps someone can point us in the right direction. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (contains SuperSU v1.89 and BusyBox v1.21.1)
      Extract recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranodsdd.tar.zip file to your computer.

The procedure is as:

1. Copy the "S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip" to your device SD card.
      2. Turn off the phone.
      6. Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranodsdd.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
      To get rid of the the warnings about applications doing not permitted actions, delete the following files from system/app, or let SuperSU fix it for you.
      • KNOXAgent.apk
      • KNOXStore.apk
      • ContainerAgent.apk
      CM 10.2 test build: http://goo.im/devs/arco/serranodsub/cm-10.2-20131022-UNOFFICIAL-serranodsub.zip

You need to flash it with the recovery I posted in first post.
      Added version 6.0.5.1 to first post.
      Recovery version 6.0.5.0 added to first post.
      First post updated with new recovery and rootkit. The rootkit is basically just the original SuperSu zip, with busybox added.

Hint with new recovery: backups with tar + gzip are made faster than before.