[RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Dual SIM (GT-I9192)

Search This thread

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
Personally I had wifi issues with this kernel went back to stock kernel and issue was gone and still rooted, you should try the kernel and if every thing is ok keep it.

Also youcan Grab the kernel of your region from:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2375409

Flash with odin and your ready

Enviado desde mi GT-I9192 mediante Tapatalk

Dijinn

Feb 19, 2008
São Paulo
Take a look here:

https://github.com/arco/android_device_samsung_serranodsub
https://github.com/arco/android_vendor_samsung_serranodsub

That should be all you need to build for the I9192. I'm not sure why network isn't working on this device, but it might be because the multi-sim for 4.3 that CM integrated doesn't work properly with the 4.2 libs from stock rom.

@arco68 Hey man! I'm back on trying to port CM to this device, we know the lines that make the dual sim work, and we know that PROBABLY the multi-sim for 4.3 is not the same used by the device itself... What if we try to force CM to use the the stock dual sim options instead of trying to force the device to use CM integration? Maybe try to open up the device's multi-sim system to port it into CM? I was wondering here and I think we should dig in the libs themselves...What are your thoughts, monsieur?

Reactions: gervil and Corias

dmorenoj

Sep 25, 2007
Stockholm
E:failed to mount /sdcard - SOLVED

Hi,

My mistake, the phone was replacing the clock work recovery with the standard. Now it is rooted :)

Regards,

Last edited:

naroku

If 4.3 libs are incompatible with samsung binaries, why not to try 4.2.2 libs, and so on, CM10.1?

Because CM10.1 is not ready for Dual SIM implementation.

We have to modify tons of framework code to make it support.

Now I'm trying do adapt the CodeAurora Framework to our device... because CM10.2 Framework is crashing SystemUI when persist.multisim.config is enabled.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

[mention]Dijinn[/mention],

I've found one CM10 running on dual-sim device (Sony Xperia E Dual), and the developer said that he used the CodeAurora frameworks.

I think we can do this too.

The thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2518451

chemicalrage

Oct 17, 2011
I am thinking of buying this device. The firmware which comes with the device in India is I9192DDUAMJ2 . Are the OP files compatible with this firmware or another firmware has to be flashed to gain root access?

Also do we void the warranty of the phone after rooting or we could revert back to Stock via Odin and reset counter via Triangle Away like nothing ever happened? I also read a bit about the new Knox stuff, is it pre-installed in the I9192 firmware?

Kindly, quote me here and reply. Waiting for an answer!

Last edited:

naroku

I am thinking of buying this device. The firmware which comes with the device in India is I9192DDUAMJ2 . Are the OP files compatible with this firmware or another firmware has to be flashed to gain root access?

Also do we void the warranty of the phone after rooting or we could revert back to Stock via Odin and reset counter via Triangle Away like nothing ever happened? I also read a bit about the new Knox stuff, is it pre-installed in the I9192 firmware?

Kindly, quote me here and reply. Waiting for an answer!

Man, my device was rooted without flash kernel, I've used Kingo Root.

Not flashing kernel, the binary counter don't increase. Binary don't increasing, not necessary to use Triangle Away.

(I don't had tested the Triangle Away on S4 Mini, my binary counter is 0 but the system is modified, I use the app only to show me how is the status of my device).

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3595/rb7o.png

OBS: Don't use Triangle Away for now, we don't know if it will brick our device, or not.

The Knox stuff is on the newest firmwares, the old ones don't have Knox... but if you root and install SuperSU (by Chainfire), it will disable the Knox (this worked on my device).

Sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: chemicalrage

fcasoli

Oct 19, 2007
I9192, S4 Mini dual sim,

1) updated to I9192XXUBMK4_I9192SERBMJ3 RUS via Odin,
2) root via Kingo Android ROOT
3) deleted the following files from system/app
KNOXAgent.apk
KNOXStore.apk
ContainerAgent.apk
4) some apps deleted via Titanium Backup

I do not know counter value, but it is not important for me :eek:

fantastic!

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
Don't flash stock xxubmk4 and root you will get Knox flag, there is a firmware without Knox bootloader flash that and root with methods here in the forum don't use kingo if you .

If you want your imei and sim send to some server in China use kingo root

fcasoli

Oct 19, 2007
Don't flash stock xxubmk4 and root you will get Knox flag, there is a firmware without Knox bootloader flash that and root with methods here in the forum don't use kingo if you .

If you want your imei and sim send to some server in China use kingo root

thanks but I do not find problem if my IMEI ans SIM is inside some server in China.
China, Italy, United States, no one is free from checks today...

chemicalrage

Oct 17, 2011
Okay, I just got this device(India). The box has a date of November 2013.

Download mode status:

Code:
Product Name: GT-I9192
Current binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
WRITE PROTECTION: Enable

Firmware:

Code:
Android Version: 4.2.2
Baseband version: I9192DDUAMJ2
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-1457881 se.infra@SEP-116 #1 Mon Oct 7 18:47:28 KST 2013
Build Number: JDQ39.I9192DDUAMJ2
SELinux Status: Permissive
Secure boot status: Type: Samsung

I am not familiar with this new Knox stuff. Is CSB-CONFIG-LSB the Knox part? Does this mean if I root the device I ll definitely lose the warranty? Also, I dont want to use Kingo Root due to privacy issues && where can I get the firmware. God damn hotfile is down and sammobile is not even uploading the old images.

Last edited:

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
You dont have Knox, you're safe using this root method

chemicalrage

Oct 17, 2011
You dont have Knox, you're safe using this root method

I do believe there is Knox since there is an app called Samsung Knox in the installed Applications :( Have to research a bit more or I should just wait for the official KitKat update. Btw, the old downloads are available on sammobile for I9192 now.

Last edited:

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
all firmware have a Knox app you dont have Knox on download mode that means you don't have Knox bootloader, this Knox bootloader is the one that triggers Knox void flag not the app

chemicalrage

Oct 17, 2011
all firmware have a Knox app you dont have Knox on download mode that means you don't have Knox bootloader, this Knox bootloader is the one that triggers Knox void flag not the app

Okay, thanks for informing! What about the Custom binary counter? Have you tried Triangle Away? I desperately need root to boot my brothers off the Wifi network as they are using way too much bandwidth but I am hesitating caus I dont want to void the warranty so soon.

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
Triangle away does not work on our device? But I've flash stock firmwares and get official status every time

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

bonkers007

Mar 19, 2011
Hi, just brought a samsung galaxy s4 mini dual sim.

Here is my spec:

Model : GT-l9192

Android : 4.2.2

Baseband : l9192XXUAMH3

Kernel : 3.4.0-947972 dpi@DELL166#1
Mon Aug 19 20:51:27 KST 2013

Build Number : JDQ39.l9192XXUAMH3

SELinux status : Permissive

Secure boot status : type: Samsung

Would this way of rooting work with my phone?

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING! ONLY USE THIS ON THE GT-I9192 MODEL!

Hello all S4 Mini owners!

I'm happy to finally release ClockworkMod recovery and an insecure kernel for the GT-I9192. With these two installed on your device, obtaining root is easy.

Attached to this post is the necessary files needed for this task. Download the following files:

• Odin_v3.09.zip (if you don't have it already)
    • recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranodsdd.tar.zip
    • S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (contains SuperSU v1.89 and BusyBox v1.21.1)
    Extract recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranodsdd.tar.zip file to your computer.

The procedure is as:

1. Copy the "S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip" to your device SD card.
    2. Turn off the phone.
    3. Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
    4. Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
    5. Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
    6. Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranodsdd.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
    7. After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
    8. Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
    9. After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.
    To get rid of the the warnings about applications doing not permitted actions, delete the following files from system/app, or let SuperSU fix it for you.
    • KNOXAgent.apk
    • KNOXStore.apk
    • ContainerAgent.apk
    CM 10.2 test build: http://goo.im/devs/arco/serranodsub/cm-10.2-20131022-UNOFFICIAL-serranodsub.zip

You need to flash it with the recovery I posted in first post.
    Added version 6.0.5.1 to first post.
    Recovery version 6.0.5.0 added to first post.
    First post updated with new recovery and rootkit. The rootkit is basically just the original SuperSu zip, with busybox added.

Hint with new recovery: backups with tar + gzip are made faster than before.