[RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)

Search This thread

junkyde

May 26, 2011
I think something went wrong, because I also updated to MH3 and when I enter the code I get it 3 times.

charliebigpot

Apr 27, 2010
I think something went wrong, because I also updated to MH3 and when I enter the code I get it 3 times.

Argh!

I followed these instructions
1. make backup with cwm
2. install Firmware with oden.
3. before it reboots. get ones more in Odin mode and install CWM from acro86
4. Before it reboots get in CWM and install rootkit v2.
5. reboot and everything is fine.

Where could if have gone wrong?

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
Argh!
Where could if have gone wrong?
The Rom. You flashed a Rom like this:
Model: GT-I9195
PDA: I9195XXUAMH1
CSC: I9195OXXAMH3
MODEM: I9195XXUAMH1

PS: I have also 3x AMH3 from Germany DBT Rom.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

For me this guide must be:

1. Make backup with CWM
2. Install Firmware with Odin.
2a. Reboot the new Firmware to one first clean configuration.
---> Sometimes the CSC is not installed when we have a Custom Recovery working.
3. Get ones more in Odin mode and install CWM from acro86
5. Reboot and everything is fine.

Last edited:

charliebigpot

Apr 27, 2010
The Rom. You flashed a Rom like this:
Model: GT-I9195
PDA: I9195XXUAMH1
CSC: I9195OXXAMH3
MODEM: I9195XXUAMH1

PS: I have also 3x AMH3 from Germany DBT Rom.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

For me this guide must be:

1. Make backup with CWM
2. Install Firmware with Odin.
2a. Reboot the new Firmware to one first clean configuration.
---> Sometimes the CSC is not installed when we have a Custom Recovery working.
3. Get ones more in Odin mode and install CWM from acro86
5. Reboot and everything is fine.

I flashed the firmware I9195OXXAMH3 found on sammobile.. I guess your 2a step is what I could try. As long as everything works as it should (and it does) I won't reflash everything.. it was soo much easier on my old Desire :)

radicspeter

Mar 29, 2011
Hi arco! Thanks your kernel! I only have one question:
Does it support initd? If not how can it?

Tapatalk 4 küldve GT-I9195-ről

Vagus.vs

Jun 13, 2011
I have flashed correctly the CMW .tar from Odin, after the vibration I hold the vol+ and home button and NO RECOVERY for me. I switch off the phone and then I hold the vol+, the home button and the power button, STOCK RECOVERY for me.
So, what the F is going on here ?

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
Hi @arco68

Sorry but I've way to have Root on my S4 Mini I9195 whit SECURE stock kernel, I have all rooted whit SuperSU 1.60

Made it on Rom XXUAMH3 from Germany DBT. After root replaced on system/csc the DBT by TPH from my Country by default.
After, the same on Rom XXUAMH4 from Hungary PAN. Replaced also PAN by my TPH by default.

Whit getprop I have [ro.secure]: [1] and [ril.product_code]: [GT-i9195ZKATPH] on both.
Now on MH4 the kernel is dpi@DELL206 #1 from 13.08.2013.

Not need RootKit nor insecure kernel.

You not receipt PM's and I have not the way to speak to You before about this.

Please give me Your opinion by PM.

Thank You

Last edited:
Reactions: komixda

Whosat

May 9, 2013
I have flashed correctly the CMW .tar from Odin, after the vibration I hold the vol+ and home button and NO RECOVERY for me. I switch off the phone and then I hold the vol+, the home button and the power button, STOCK RECOVERY for me.
So, what the F is going on here ?

You didn't do it in time. If you don't catch the first vibration, the CWM will be lost. Reflash with Odin and try again

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Hi @arco68

Sorry but I've way to have Root on my S4 Mini I9195 whit SECURE stock kernel, I have all rooted whit SuperSU 1.60

Made it on Rom XXUAMH3 from Germany DBT. After root replaced on system/csc the DBT by TPH from my Country by default.
After, the same on Rom XXUAMH4 from Hungary PAN. Replaced also PAN by my TPH by default.

Whit getprop I have [ro.secure]: [1] and [ril.product_code]: [GT-i9195ZKATPH] on both.
Now on MH4 the kernel is dpi@DELL206 #1 from 13.08.2013.

Not need RootKit nor insecure kernel.

You not receipt PM's and I have not the way to speak to You before about this.

Please give me Your opinion by PM.

Thank You

Ok, I'll look at it. Maybe the new su binaries have a workaround for the root prevention that the kernel has.

tomogo

Nov 12, 2007
Prague
www.tomogo.cz
WARNING! ONLY USE THIS ON THE GT-I9195 MODEL!

Hello all S4 Mini owners!

I'm happy to finally release ClockworkMod recovery and an insecure kernel for the GT-I9195. With these two installed on your device, obtaining root is easy.
Hi arco,
It is good work but I've found problem with screen mirroring after rooting my phone.

1. I have tried to go to stock ROM and screen mirroring worked fine.
2. I installed only CWM without RootKit2.zip and it worked fine too.
3. Finally I have installed RootKit2.zip and screen mirroring does not work since.

So the problem is probably in GT-I9195_RootKit_v2.zip.
Is it possible to correct it please?

Thx

Last edited:
Reactions: radicspeter

tintol

Jun 7, 2010
Hi arco,
It is good work but I've found problem with screen mirroring after rooting my phone.

1. I have tried to go to stock ROM and screen mirroring worked fine.
2. I installed only CWM without RootKit2.zip and it worked fine too.
3. Finally I have installed RootKit2.zip and screen mirroring does not work since.

So the problem is probably in GT-I9195_RootKit_v2.zip.
Is it possible to correct it please?

Thx

The same problem happened with the S4 while using the Allshare Cast dongle.
AFAK it was solved with "triangle away" to reset the flash counter.

But "triangle away" doens't support S4 mini and people has been saying that the flash counter on the S4 mini keeps 0 after flashing this.

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
XXUAMG8 Rom flashed, multi-CSC OXX. Rooted SuperSU 1.65 (not 1.61) whit SECURE stock kernel from 27.07.2013.
See screenshots:

Attachments

• Screenshot_I9195-1.jpg
    Screenshot_I9195-1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 653
  • Screenshot_I9195-2.jpg
    Screenshot_I9195-2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 593
  • Screenshot_I9195-3.jpg
    Screenshot_I9195-3.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:

ladislav.heller

Apr 25, 2012
Bratislava
After this rooting procedure can I reinstall/update busybox with Busybox installer application?
Just because when I start busybox in Terminal Emulator app as su, it says:
Code:
soinfo_relocate(linker.cpp:976): cannot locate symbol "__strchr_chk" referenced by "busybox"... CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING! ONLY USE THIS ON THE GT-I9195 MODEL!

Hello all S4 Mini owners!

I'm happy to finally release ClockworkMod recovery and an insecure kernel for the GT-I9195. With these two installed on your device, obtaining root is easy.

Attached to this post is the necessary files needed for this task. Download the following files:

• Odin_v3.09.zip (if you don't have it already)
    • recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.zip
    • S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (contains SuperSU v1.89 and BusyBox v1.21.1) ONLY FOR STOCK ROM! NOT FOR CM OR OTHER AOSP BASED ROMS!
    Extract recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.zip file to your computer.

The procedure is as:

1. Copy the " S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip" to your device SD card.
    2. Turn off the phone.
    3. Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
    4. Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
    5. Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
    6. Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
    7. After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
    8. Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
    9. After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.
    10. Optional: Flash GT-I9195_Kernel_v1.zip (Only for Android 4.2.2, not KitKat) to use a custom stock kernel, which might fix battery drain for some.
      Kernel changelog: https://github.com/arco/android_kernel_samsung_msm8930-common/commits/stock
    If you get warnings about applications doing not permitted actions, delete the following files from system/app, or let SuperSU fix it for you.

• KNOXAgent.apk
    • KNOXStore.apk
    • ContainerAgent.apk
    I'm still working on CM, and have the last few days been struggling with rewriting the audio config that defines mixer control and usages. Samsung uses completely different names than what's in the audio hal in CM, and rewriting it and testing is a huge pain. And then on top of that Android 4.3 was released, so even more work bringing that up too.
    [OFF-TOPIC] What do you think about releasing a second CM9/CM10 EOL for our old Galaxy W to include the MasterKey exploit patches? I don't think it's a good idea to leave us with security risks :)[/OFF-TOPIC]

Yes, there will be new releases of that soon. But keep that discussion to the Galaxy W forums. :)

Quick question before I root it, what do you mean by "insecure"? Certainly not shy, but as in unstable or as in unsafe?

An insecure kernel has disabled the root prevention checks that Samsung added. Other than that it's the same as stock kernel. Although in this kernel I also made two minor changes to allow apps to read the kernel log and the full logcat.
    Added version 6.0.5.1 to first post.
    Recovery version 6.0.5.0 added to first post.