[RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)

Search This thread

sboida1

Jan 8, 2015
Harare
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Maybe u can try adb pull command to get photos from phone to pc. I'm not sure if adb will work on turned off phone or in download mode?
Hope your phone get fixed soon

GT-I9190 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

@Zeruat Not my solution, but try this

"1) Boot up CWM and
2) then pull the files"

Step-by-step:

1) Download CWM, rename it to cwm.img and place it in the same directory as your fastboot executable;
2) Reboot you device into fastboot mode and connect to your computer;
3) Make sure your computer sees your device by typing: fastboot devices
4) Boot CWM by typing: fastboot boot cwm.img
5) Pull all the files from /sdcard by typing: adb pull /data/media"

Last edited:
Reactions: umuturunc

achillefs

Dec 28, 2013
Thessaloniki
Yes. In the CM 13 thread, in op, there are the link to the recommended recovery (TWRP). If you have a cwm or twrp recovery you just need to flash the proper file in recovery. If you have any other recovery, you just need to flash the proper file on Odin.

Thank you for your reply. So as I understand it's the same process as if I was installing CWM for the first time, right?

ruca345

Sep 24, 2016
Porto
Hi, i have install the Rom nightly version 13, but i dont have root and i can´t get the uptades for this rom. without lousing all data. I only see in forums how to do root with android Kittcak 4.4.2, and that don´t work in this rom, What i must do? I have a Samsung galaxy s4 mini Gt-i9195, if someone can help please. Thank

Last edited:

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
Hi, i have install the Rom nightly version 13, but i dont have root and i can´t get the uptades for this rom. without lousing all data. I only see in forums how to do root with android Kittcak 4.4.2, and that don´t work in this rom, What i must do? I have a Samsung galaxy s4 mini Gt-i9195, if someone can help please. Thank

you just need to switch it on, go to setting, about phone then tap build number 7x, then go to developer options and turn on root (and off if not using it for security)
Updating from nightly with the same maIn rev eg 13 you can just wipe dalvik & cache thin you won't lose all your data

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

you probably didn't boot STRAIGHT back into recovery before flashing zip

mark1948

Jul 13, 2010
This is only the 4th Samsung phone I have rooted but unfortunately I have a problem.

Everything went fine in the flashing, ODIN reported a PASS (turned green) and the phone restarted as it should. The problem is I hold Home and Vol + but it goes straight back into "Downloading" and not into recovery. If I take the battery out and HOME, Vol - and Power I can restart the process but will it ever go into recovery, will it heck as like. I have tried battery out and then turn on with Power, Vol + and Home but it goes straight to downloading.

There is nothing of value on the phone so if it has corrupted then I am happy to flash it back to stock and restart if that is easier.

The downloading screen reads:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9195I
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
KNOX KERNEL LOCK(KK): OFF
KNOX WARRENTY VOID: 0X0

Any ideas peeps? Thanks...

Last edited:

mark1948

Jul 13, 2010
Are you all in Christmas mode? LOL

Just to let anyone else that gets stuck know how I fixed this S4 mini. The fact that it booted into download mode means it was soft bricked and that isn't to bad once you stop panicking about it. Because you haven't rooted it yet you simply have to flash the original firmware back onto it and it will reboot just fine. It seems to only work with the original firmware that was on before and if you try a different one you get an Auth Fail in ODIN. I was lucky that I found the right firmware at the 3rd attempt but there are loads of variants so everyone might be well advised to note the exact CSC number of their firmware before they start.

All the original firmware versions are free at sammobile.

Best of luck everyone. Might try and root this again later but I am not feeling brave at the minute.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Nope this doesn't work on an S4 mini with 4.4.4 Build Number is KTU84P.I9195IXXU1AOL2

The ODIN log is as follows if it means anything to anyone.

<ID:0/009> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/009> Initialzation..
<ID:0/009> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/009> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/009> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/009> recovery.img
<ID:0/009> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/009> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/009> RES OK !!
<ID:0/009> Removed!!
<ID:0/009> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

Reflashing back to stock fireware

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9195IXXU1AOL2_I9195IO2U1AOL1_I9195IXXU1AOG1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/009> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/009> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/009> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/009> tz.mbn
<ID:0/009> hyp.mbn
<ID:0/009> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/009> sec.dat
<ID:0/009> boot.img
<ID:0/009> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/009> modem.bin
<ID:0/009> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/009> hidden.img.ext4

All the best everyone...

Diresh

Mar 23, 2016
Essential Phone
Are you all in Christmas mode? LOL

Just to let anyone else that gets stuck know how I fixed this S4 mini. The fact that it booted into download mode means it was soft bricked and that isn't to bad once you stop panicking about it. Because you haven't rooted it yet you simply have to flash the original firmware back onto it and it will reboot just fine. It seems to only work with the original firmware that was on before and if you try a different one you get an Auth Fail in ODIN. I was lucky that I found the right firmware at the 3rd attempt but there are loads of variants so everyone might be well advised to note the exact CSC number of their firmware before they start.

All the original firmware versions are free at sammobile.

Best of luck everyone. Might try and root this again later but I am not feeling brave at the minute.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Nope this doesn't work on an S4 mini with 4.4.4 Build Number is KTU84P.I9195IXXU1AOL2

The ODIN log is as follows if it means anything to anyone.

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/009> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

Reflashing back to stock fireware

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9195IXXU1AOL2_I9195IO2U1AOL1_I9195IXXU1AOG1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/009> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/009> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/009> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/009> tz.mbn
<ID:0/009> hyp.mbn
<ID:0/009> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/009> sec.dat
<ID:0/009> boot.img
<ID:0/009> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/009> modem.bin
<ID:0/009> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/009> hidden.img.ext4

All the best everyone...
It did not work because you flashed it on the wrong device. This is for GT -I9195 (dual core variant ,older model) ,you have the GT I9195i (quad core , value edition ) if you look here http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-mini/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-t3454110/page14 you will find a recovery compatible with your device.

Reactions: mark1948

MeisterKanister

May 15, 2014
Hey there,
i was asked by a friend to recover some deleted files from his old S4mini and have a program that requires root access to do so.
First i tried this guide:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2387341
I managed to install CWM , but now the phone wont boot anymore.
Then i found this guide
I installed TWRP and flashed the image. Same problem.
I can still boot into DownloadMode or Recovery, but not start it normally.
All I get is: Set Warranty Bit: kernel
Is there any way to get the phone to boot without damaging the files I want to recover?

Last edited:

sweetlings

Dec 30, 2016
Hello. I tried to use Dr.Fone to recover some pictures but it didn’t installed correctly and I uninstalled it. However, the next day, my phone stopped working. I guess I bricked it. When it completely stopped working, the battery was on 39% and now the phone doesn’t do anything. I tried all the combinations I saw on the Interenet (power button + volume + home) but nothing helped. Also my computer recognized a USB device being plugged in, but it displayed as “QHSUSB_DLOAD” in the device manager.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (Android version 4.4.2). What can I do?

yannis_gr

Apr 7, 2012
Hi, i succesfully install CWM 6051 on my S4 mini 9195. I made a backup (i select internal sdcard for backup location) but i can't find where backup files are stored..
Under sdcard0\clockworkmod there are no files...

Any help?

EUDE1380

Jan 8, 2017
Hola arco68

Hello that friend arco68 i have a problem that can not be solved i have a samsung galaxy mini s4 gt-i9195i which does not allow me to make calls or to see message an uns registered message on the net and i can not also root it if more than to ask i could respond direct to my mail eude1380@gmail.com:(:(:(:(

xda-hayduke

Aug 1, 2016
WARNING! ONLY USE THIS ON THE GT-I9195 MODEL!

Hello all S4 Mini owners!

I'm happy to finally release ClockworkMod recovery and an insecure kernel for the GT-I9195. With these two installed on your device, obtaining root is easy.

Attached to this post is the necessary files needed for this task. Download the following files:

• Odin_v3.09.zip (if you don't have it already)
  • recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.zip
  • S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (contains SuperSU v1.89 and BusyBox v1.21.1) ONLY FOR STOCK ROM! NOT FOR CM OR OTHER AOSP BASED ROMS!

(1) Will this work (including WiFi) on I9195XXUCNK4 (Android 4.4.2)? Kernel is 3.4.0-3330432. What version of the kernel is in this rootkit? Will I9195XXUCNK4 have version problems with any installed kernel libraries etc? If so, which rom from sammobile should I flash before installing the rootkit?

(2) Someone in this thread mentioned that flashing a rom from sammobile might cause the I9195 to become locked or network locked. Is this true? My I9195 is unlocked and works fine on T-mobile in the USA.

I don't want to brick/disable my I9195. Sorry if these are dumb questions, this 100+ page thread is taking forever to load on this pos microsoft tablet and I have only made it to about page 12.

arco68 if you're still around many thanks and I will paypal you some beer money. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Reactions: Boombastical

desna

Apr 9, 2017
uncheck or check? "F. Reset Time

Hello, I'm going to install ClockworkMod recovery
I see in tutorials that the option F. Reset Time is check
In the xda tutorial it indicates Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time"
Which one is correct? Can tell the reason for better understanding

Chris56

Mar 25, 2014
Question to the knowledgeable
Bare metal Recovery
I will install LOS 14 on my GT-I9195. That will be no problem ...
However, beforehand I would like to save all files for a low level restore with all components that can be restored. I run Linux with heimdall command line installed and working.
I'm sure somewhere there will be a documentation somewhere on what to backup (and later restore) with heimdall. But I can't find it and
heimdall --help doesn't tell much.
I can read the pit (which is partition information of the flash I guess). Therefore, I think I will have to backup (and later restore) all partitions mentioned there, but this is only guesswork.
Any help on the heimdall commands needed very much appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance
Chris

xda-hayduke

Aug 1, 2016
arco68 rootkit successfully installed on I9195XXUCNK4 using Heimdall

I'm happy to finally release ClockworkMod recovery [...] for the GT-I9195. With these two installed on your device, obtaining root is easy.
  • S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (contains SuperSU v1.89 and BusyBox v1.21.1)
    ONLY FOR STOCK ROM! NOT FOR CM OR OTHER AOSP BASED ROMS!

Necroposting to an old thread but this might help a future reader. Thanks to arco68 I was able to install this rootkit with no difficulty on my GT-I9195 (LTE) running stock Samsung PDA I9195XXUCNK4 and CSC I9195BOGCNL2. This is Android 4.4.2 kernel 3.4.0-3330432 build KOT49H.I9195XXUCNK4 November 2014. I have not tested calling or data on the GSM network (no sim card) but WiFi and everything else I have tested seems fine. All apps and data survived the procedure as expected.

I used Heimdall on a linux box (Fedora 21) instead of Odin. First download and save the .pit from the phone, then flash recovery.img extracted from recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.zip. There are lots of online guides for Heimdall. Otherwise the same instructions as in the first post. The Knox warranty bit was changed from 0x0 to 0x1 as expected. SuperSU cleaned up the Knox files on request. To verify I had root I used "adb shell" followed by "su". The root request was intercepted by SuperSU. All good.

Many thanks to arco68 for this rootkit. :)

Reactions: Boombastical

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm happy to finally release ClockworkMod recovery and an insecure kernel for the GT-I9195. With these two installed on your device, obtaining root is easy.

Attached to this post is the necessary files needed for this task. Download the following files:

• S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (contains SuperSU v1.89 and BusyBox v1.21.1) ONLY FOR STOCK ROM! NOT FOR CM OR OTHER AOSP BASED ROMS!
    Extract recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.zip file to your computer.

The procedure is as:

1. Copy the " S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip" to your device SD card.
    2. Turn off the phone.
    3. Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
    4. Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
    5. Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
    6. Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
    7. After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
    8. Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
    9. After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.
    10. Optional: Flash GT-I9195_Kernel_v1.zip (Only for Android 4.2.2, not KitKat) to use a custom stock kernel, which might fix battery drain for some.
      Kernel changelog: https://github.com/arco/android_kernel_samsung_msm8930-common/commits/stock
    If you get warnings about applications doing not permitted actions, delete the following files from system/app, or let SuperSU fix it for you.

• KNOXAgent.apk
    • KNOXStore.apk
    • ContainerAgent.apk
    I'm still working on CM, and have the last few days been struggling with rewriting the audio config that defines mixer control and usages. Samsung uses completely different names than what's in the audio hal in CM, and rewriting it and testing is a huge pain. And then on top of that Android 4.3 was released, so even more work bringing that up too.
    [OFF-TOPIC] What do you think about releasing a second CM9/CM10 EOL for our old Galaxy W to include the MasterKey exploit patches? I don't think it's a good idea to leave us with security risks :)[/OFF-TOPIC]

Yes, there will be new releases of that soon. But keep that discussion to the Galaxy W forums. :)

Quick question before I root it, what do you mean by "insecure"? Certainly not shy, but as in unstable or as in unsafe?

An insecure kernel has disabled the root prevention checks that Samsung added. Other than that it's the same as stock kernel. Although in this kernel I also made two minor changes to allow apps to read the kernel log and the full logcat.
    Added version 6.0.5.1 to first post.
    Recovery version 6.0.5.0 added to first post.