[RECOVERY][ROOT][TWRP 3.0.2-1]Galaxy A3 - SM-A310F/FD/Y/M - Exynos7580

Search This thread

Denfic

Mar 4, 2011
Deadpool City
When i flash the tar file i get a fail .. what to do now to install a recovery ... it does not want to go on .. i have a A3 .. so i did download the latest recovery for this phone .. and tried three times ... but i failes ?? (custom recovery blocked by some Lock )

Last edited:

is0xxx

Dec 26, 2016
verify pls.

Hi guys,

First off, great website and thx for all the info on here :)

It's my first Android phone and i read a lot to understand the process for rooting the device.
Seems here is all the correct info to do so, still i'm not 100% sure if i'm doing this correct.

Code:
[B]
Samsung A3 SM-310F[/B]
Android 6.0.1
Kernel 3.10.61-8581216
Baseband: A310FXX42BPG6
BuildID: MMB29K.A310FXX42BPG6

Steps so far that i completed:
* Enabled Developers mode and set correct USB settings.
* Installed Samsung USB Drivers

When i follow this short tutorial i have some doubts about the complete process. Can anyone confirm that this is the correct way, pls verify.

1) Put Samsung into Download mode ( btw = This mode the same as Bootloader mode?!)
* Either using the buttons or using ADB commands: adb reboot download

2) Connect the phone with USB to the PC

3) Run Odin and load TWRP Image into the AP tab ( Auto-reboot disabled)

4) Flash TWRP and as soon as it finish flashing, reboot the phone into Recovery:
* ADB: adb reboot recovery or must the buttons be used instead?

5) It now loads into TWRP Recovery

FInally complete the hack by rooting the device with SuperSU using TWRP

Thx for any confirmation if the above is correct.

Happy Holidays :)

is0xxx

Dec 26, 2016
Seems i'm asking a stupid Q? Is it to much asking for a confirmation if the above is the correct way? Bare with me...i'm a first time Android user that's all. :p

Thx in advance.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Seems i'm asking a stupid Q? Is it to much asking for a confirmation if the above is the correct way? Bare with me...i'm a first time Android user that's all.[emoji14]
Thx in advance.
Your steps are good enough, just make sure you uncheck autoreboot in odin then reboot to recovery manually after flashing.
Don't worry bricks are highly unlikely and easily recoverable.

cloooned

Mar 5, 2013
Is there a 32Bit linked version of this TWRP available? I need to link a shared 32Bit library and do not have the sources to build it static.

k-o-x

May 26, 2009
@ashyx I'm a bit late to the party, but just wanted to give you a big thanks for that factory image flash feature. It's a life saver for us non-windows users :)

Reactions: ashyx

dubist

Apr 30, 2011
everytime i try to flash through twrp 3.0.2.1 the Recovery reboots without flashing the ROM.
Why ?

Boriar

Mar 24, 2013
WOW!!!!!
Just installed on Samsung A3-6 SM-A310F. All perfect!
Tested some funtion and I don't know how can I live without it before! Thank you so much :victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Galaxy A3 - SM-A310F/FD/Y/M Exynos7580

UPDATE 14/4/2016: TWRP 3.0.2-0 released. TWRP build updated to 3.0.2-1
    https://twrp.me/site/update/2016/04/05/twrp-3.0.2-0-released.html

Seandroid warning fix.

New feature available in TWRP 3.0.0-x is system image backup and restore and factory image flashing (see TWRP changelog for details)
    Basically this means factory images from the official firmware can now be flashed with TWRP instead of ODIN. I have extended this feature to include BOOT, RECOVERY, SYSTEM, CACHE, HIDDEN and RADIO(MODEM) partitions.
    This feature can be found under INSTALL >> INSTALL IMAGE >> select image to flash >> select partition.
    NOTE: To flash the modem, first it needs to be renamed to modem.bin.img

F2FS support added.

Internal SUPERSU root option removed. This is to prevent boot loops on 5.11/6.0 devices

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

Instructions:

Flash with ODIN 3.10.7 in the AP slot.
    Uncheck Auto reboot.
    Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
    After flashing immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
    As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding the other buttons.
    You should now see TWRP recovery.

twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-a310

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

To Root:
    Flash the file below with TWRP:
    DO NOT LET TWRP ROOT YOUR DEVICE IF IT ASKS. USE ONLY THE FILE BELOW:

http://download.chainfire.eu/969/SuperSU/

DEVICE TREE: soon

Guide
    http://www.theandroidsoul.com/galaxy-a3-2016-twrp-recovery-89527/

NOTE: ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1> DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
    Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
    AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

Credits: Me, Teamwin and my testers - nhthiencp
    Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
    THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

try use supersu 2.45 :D

No, don't it will brick your device. :eek:
    WOW!!!!!
    Just installed on Samsung A3-6 SM-A310F. All perfect!
    Tested some funtion and I don't know how can I live without it before! Thank you so much :victory:
    Okaaaay, but I have no idea how to do so.

All I know is how to set up selinux to permissive with the default boot cmd line.

Setting permissive on the command line doesn't work with 5.1.1 and 6.0.
    SElinux is hardcoded in the kernel.
    You don't need to worry about it I will fix it.
    hi...
    my phone is a3 2016 android 7.0 . it rooted without any problem by odin.but unfortunately i deleted file build.prop and after that it stuck on logo.something like bricking?when i take it to recovery mode,gives a message:failed to find/misc partition.I really dont know that the problem is for bricking or for delete build.prop.please help me
    thanks
    OK several things, one is your device will not boot without the build.prop, two NEVER EVER make ANY modifications to your device until you have made a FULL backup with TWRP (THE CORE REASON FOR HAVING A CUSTOM RECOVERY)
    Lastly your device doesn't have a MISC partition and that message is only displayed in the STOCK recovery.
    It seems you don't have TWRP installed.