[RECOVERY][ROOT][TWRP 3.0.2-1]Samsung Galaxy A5(2015) SM-A500F/FU/G/H/M

Search This thread

diehard2013

Feb 15, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
This is twrp 3.0.2-1 why post another version in this thread?

yes, I got carried away and didn't make myself clear. sorry!
the idea was (still is) to use twrp 2.8.7 as an intermediate version before twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-a5
and that's what I'm going to do right now, God willing.
and right after that I will root my a500w using the SuperSU as per your instructions.

To Root: Flash the file below with TWRP:
DO NOT LET TWRP ROOT YOUR DEVICE IF IT ASKS. USE ONLY THE FILE BELOW:
https://download.chainfire.eu/921/SuperSU

unrelated question: how bad is it if you accidentally let the TWRP root the device?

thanks!

Last edited:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
yes, I got carried away and didn't make myself clear. sorry!
the idea was (still is) to use twrp 2.8.7 as an intermediate version before twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-a5
and that's what I'm going to do right now, God willing.
and right after that I will root my a500w using the SuperSU as per your instructions.

unrelated question: how bad is it if you accidentally let the TWRP root the device?

thanks!
It will brick your device.
It's not possible anyway I have removed it.

Reactions: diehard2013

diehard2013

Feb 15, 2013

done!

twrp 3.0.2 installed successfully.
now I see your name every time I boot into recovery.... :)
super su did not fair as well....
I had the kingroot thing with lolly 5.0.2 before the successful upgrade from 5.0.2 to 6.0.1.
it appears kingroot is still hanging on there.
right now my phone is not rooted, though AIDA say it is.

If I do a complete wipe and flash 6.0.2 on my empty a500w, I would assume that the supersu script would work this time. What do you think?

thanks again!

sidenote: by brick you mean one cannot restore the smartphone even doing ADB over serial?
I almost missed that "do not root button" several times during the installation process.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

a little comment, your signature confused me a bit as I didn't see the twrp version for the a500 family....
just an obserfvation.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
done!

twrp 3.0.2 installed successfully.
now I see your name every time I boot into recovery.... :)
super su did not fair as well....
I had the kingroot thing with lolly 5.0.2 before the successful upgrade from 5.0.2 to 6.0.1.
it appears kingroot is still hanging on there.
right now my phone is not rooted, though AIDA say it is.

If I do a complete wipe and flash 6.0.2 on my empty a500w, I would assume that the supersu script would work this time. What do you think?

thanks again!

sidenote: by brick you mean one cannot restore the smartphone even doing ADB over serial?
I almost missed that "do not root button" several times during the installation process.
Kingroot will block supersu.
Go into kinguser settings or whatever it's called nowadays and you can unroot.

diehard2013

Feb 15, 2013
I'm not having luck. I believe KingRoot is gone, but the SU script does not root even though it runs without errors.

The a500w is a test device anyway, so I'm willing to wipe out everything and start from scratch. I have your twrp 3.0.2 and I have the stock MM 6.0.1 image for the a500.

what wipe options should I select to start from scratch?

thanks again.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
I'm not having luck. I believe KingRoot is gone, but the SU script does not root even though it runs without errors.

The a500w is a test device anyway, so I'm willing to wipe out everything and start from scratch. I have your twrp 3.0.2 and I have the stock MM 6.0.1 image for the a500.

what wipe options should I select to start from scratch?

thanks again.
You only need to wipe the system partition, but for a fresh start, choose factory reset in twrp then reinstall the stock firmware.

diehard2013

Feb 15, 2013
I'm afraid I am still disappointing you master....
I wipe system in twrp 3.0.2 and do a factory reset. I did not format /data.

I reinstall Marsh 6.0.1 using Odin 3.12.3, which I also used to flash the twrp recoveries for the first time or if they were overwritten by the Samsung "download" native system.
Does Odin it have to be version 3.10.7 as in your first post?
I simply cannot achieve root after installing supersu.
I'll try the supersu 2.5.2 BETA.

thank you.

diehard2013

Feb 15, 2013
UPDATE: looks like now I am rooted after flashing supersu 2.78 SR2.

But certain apps do not recognize root status. For example, system explorer pro and some root checkers, etc...

But I'm able to grant root access to pretty much all apps except the aforementioned. Root Checker Pro accepts the root condition..

Root Access:
access granted
SU:
su found
/su/bin
Version:2.78:SUPERSU
UID/GID:
n/auid=0(root)
gid=0(root)
groups=0(root)
context=u:r:init:s0
Unix Utils:
busybox
/su/xbin
PATH:
/su/bin
/sbin
/vendor/bin
/system/sbin
/system/bin
/su/xbin
/system/xbin​

thansk!

diehard2013

Feb 15, 2013
UPDATE: looks like now I am rooted after flashing supersu 2.78 SR2. But certain apps do not recognize root status. For example, system explorer pro and some root checkers, etc..

I think i found the answer:

"- Various root apps expect the system partition to be mounted as /system, while with this root it is mounted as /system_root. These apps will require updates, as regardless of root mechanism, /system will not be the mount point for the system partition anymore. An example of such an app is my own FlashFire."
src: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Chainfire/posts/fvEPo42GKXS

josephpatrick

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore
Is this the only fix available, the OP mentions about reboot recovey fix, i had tried these steps once and probablu it worked fot a while but the issue is back again, wanted to avoid odin since our most often it empties internal storage where i keep a lot of files, i had switched to CTB recovery but it doesnt have terminal option

Usung hardware keys to reboot is something i need to try using

Last edited:

josephpatrick

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore

Top Liked Posts