[RECOVERY][ROOT][TWRP 3.1.1-1] Galaxy A3 - SM-A320F/FL/Y (2017)

Search This thread

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Galaxy A3 SM-A320F/FL/Y, Exynos7870

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Update 11/9/2017
TWRP 3.1.1-1 MM build released.

Current status: BETA

Features:

MTP
ADB
SEANDROID warning fix
TWRP and Kernel built from latest source
Factory Image flashing(see below)
NTFS support
F2FS support >> To be added
TWRP Official APP support

New feature available in TWRP v3 is system image backup and restore and factory image flashing (see TWRP changelog for details)
Basically this means factory images from the official firmware can now be flashed with TWRP instead of ODIN. I have extended this feature to include BOOT, RECOVERY, SYSTEM, CACHE, HIDDEN and RADIO(MODEM) partitions.
This feature can be found under INSTALL >> INSTALL IMAGE >> select image to flash >> select partition.
NOTE: To flash the modem, first it needs to be renamed to modem.bin.img

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

Instructions:

Flash with ODIN 3.10.7 in the AP slot.
Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
Uncheck Auto reboot.
Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding POWER + HOME.
You should now see TWRP recovery.

NOTE: ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1/6.0 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

DOWNLOAD:
twrp_3.1.1-1_sm-a320f_11917

To Root:
Flash the latest SuperSU release with TWRP:
https://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133/

To disable forced encryption and mount internal storage:
(Note this MUST be flashed after SuperSU if you intend to root)

1. Boot to Twrp
2. Format Data partition using FORMAT DATA button under Wipe options.
(Note: This will wipe the internal storage)
3. Check DATA is mountable.
4. Install SuperSU (if root is required)
5. Install boot image patch below.
6. Reboot

Boot image patch
no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx

Twrp Source : https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Kernel source : http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=Sm-a320f

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

Screenshot_2016_03_05_08_13_44_1.png

DnoCrqh.png

VAm49c4.png

ytBFf13.png

ONLSkMi.png

Credits: Me, Teamwin
Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Last edited:

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
If anyone has successfully installed this, I'd appreciate if they could post the recovery.log so I can look it over.
Log can be pulled in twrp under ADVANCED/SAVE RECOVERY LOG or on a rooted device go to cache/recovery/last_log

Thanks.

F157

Feb 7, 2007
Munich
I'd love to test this, but first I have to figure out why flashfire isn't working for me. :(
It only restarts after 20 seconds or so of white text and black background scrolling down, but no backups are written, only a log.

Last edited:

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
I'd love to test this, but first I have to figure out why flashfire isn't working for me. :(
It only restarts after 20 seconds or so of white text and black background scrolling down, but no backups are written, only a log.
It's already confirmed working I just need someone to post the recovery.log.
40 downloads since posting but no-one willing. :rolleyes:

Reactions: ardasher and F157

patci32

Jul 16, 2015
Hello, thank you very much, it worked for me. It was important so I can make a backup of the system. How can I post the recovery log? If you give me the procedure I'll do it.

Reactions: ardasher and F157

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Hello, thank you very much, it worked for me. It was important so I can make a backup of the system. How can I post the recovery log? If you give me the procedure I'll do it.
Thanks, you're the only one to have made the effort!
You can save the recovery log from TWRP if you go to ADVANCED> SAVE RECOVERY LOG or you can boot to android and go to cache>recovery>last_log.
Please don't post the output here, post as a file or save the output on pastebin.com.

Thanks.

patci32

Jul 16, 2015
Thanks, you're the only one to have made the effort!
You can save the recovery log from TWRP if you go to ADVANCED> SAVE RECOVERY LOG or you can boot to android and go to cache>recovery>last_log.
Please don't post the output here, post as a file or save the output on pastebin.com.

Thanks.

Here it is.

Reactions: ardasher

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Here you go : http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=17704648158807479484

Thanks for your work. An information about my use : when I made a backup, I got a lot of errors like unable to mount the sd card and in the end "back up failed". But the 3 GB file has been created in the right folder, I think I got my backup.
No idea what's going on with tiny upload. Clicking the download link just downloads the html data of the web page not the actual file! :eek:

Thanks for trying any way.

By the way you can't back up data until you remove encryption.

Last edited:

patci32

Jul 16, 2015
No idea what's going on with tiny upload. Clicking the download link just downloads the html data of the web page not the actual file! :eek:

Thanks for trying any way.

By the way you can't back up data until you remove encryption.
You mean I can't use the save file right now ? How do I remove encryption?

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
I dont get it I'm sorry. I got the save file, you're saying that I can't use it? I should be able to use the file with the restore section no ?
If the data partition is encrypted then it wont have backed up. The rest of the partitions will have been backed up.
This is the failure you saw when backing up.

patci32

Jul 16, 2015
If the data partition is encrypted then it wont have backed up. The rest of the partitions will have been backed up.
This is the failure you saw when backing up.
OK understood. Data partition is the sd card or the internal memory ? I assume that the encryption exists for security reasons. Is there anyway to backup everything without desactivating it?

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
OK understood. Data partition is the sd card or the internal memory ? I assume that the encryption exists for security reasons. Is there anyway to backup everything without desactivating it?
It's internal memory.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Galaxy A3 SM-A320F/FL/Y, Exynos7870

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Update 11/9/2017
    TWRP 3.1.1-1 MM build released.

Current status: BETA

Features:

MTP
    ADB
    SEANDROID warning fix
    TWRP and Kernel built from latest source
    Factory Image flashing(see below)
    NTFS support
    F2FS support >> To be added
    TWRP Official APP support

New feature available in TWRP v3 is system image backup and restore and factory image flashing (see TWRP changelog for details)
    Basically this means factory images from the official firmware can now be flashed with TWRP instead of ODIN. I have extended this feature to include BOOT, RECOVERY, SYSTEM, CACHE, HIDDEN and RADIO(MODEM) partitions.
    This feature can be found under INSTALL >> INSTALL IMAGE >> select image to flash >> select partition.
    NOTE: To flash the modem, first it needs to be renamed to modem.bin.img

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

Instructions:

Flash with ODIN 3.10.7 in the AP slot.
    Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
    Uncheck Auto reboot.
    Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
    After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
    As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding POWER + HOME.
    You should now see TWRP recovery.

NOTE: ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1/6.0 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
    Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
    AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

DOWNLOAD:
    twrp_3.1.1-1_sm-a320f_11917

To Root:
    Flash the latest SuperSU release with TWRP:
    https://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133/

To disable forced encryption and mount internal storage:
    (Note this MUST be flashed after SuperSU if you intend to root)

1. Boot to Twrp
    2. Format Data partition using FORMAT DATA button under Wipe options.
    (Note: This will wipe the internal storage)
    3. Check DATA is mountable.
    4. Install SuperSU (if root is required)
    5. Install boot image patch below.
    6. Reboot

Boot image patch
    no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx

Twrp Source : https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Kernel source : http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=Sm-a320f

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

Screenshot_2016_03_05_08_13_44_1.png

DnoCrqh.png

VAm49c4.png

ytBFf13.png

ONLSkMi.png

Credits: Me, Teamwin
    Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
    THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

TWRP on SM-A320 with working /data (no encryption)

For anyone else struggling with inability to mount data in TWRP, I thought I would share the following info.

The key bit of information I was missing was:
    The current latest version of TWRP on the offical site (TWRP for a3y17lte; twrp-3.2.3-0) does not support mounting volumes with "quota" enabled. Therefore if you retain the original stock boot.img which includes quota on the /data partition, it will not mount in TWRP. See https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s7/help/twrp-issue-t3878565

Additionally the data partition is encrypted on first boot unless you disabled this.

Luckily Zackptg5 has made a package which can perform both actions (remove quota and encryption) and also prepare for installing Magisk. https://xdaforums.com/android/software/universal-dm-verity-forceencrypt-t3817389 / https://zackptg5.com/android.php#disverfe. Rename the zip file to include "quota" somewhere in the file name in order to remove quota form the data partition.

The sequence I used (not all these steps may be strictly necessary, this just gives the configuration I wanted):

1. Flash stock firmware; A320FLXXS3CRK3_A320FLBTU3CRL1_BTU, using ODIN v3.13.1. Flash HOME_CSC to wipe data. Allow to reboot
    2. Install TWRP using ODIN; flash in AP using older version Odin3 v3.12.10. Untick auto reboot, when complete power off with vol down + power, then force to recovery using vol up, home and power
    3. Wipe data
    4. Flash RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2 (may not be necessary, but doesn't seem to cause any problems so better safe than sorry)
    5. Rename Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quota Disabler to include "quota" in the zip name (download from: https://zackptg5.com/android.php#disverfe)
    6. Flash renamed Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quota Disablers; Do not reboot after!
    7. Flash Magisk 18.1
    8. Flash Busybox (TWRP); https://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/tool-busybox-flashable-archs-t3348543
    9. Reboot to system
    10. Set up phone and restore backups
    11. Install Magisk 18.1 manager app

Hope this helps anyone looking for information on why data cannot be mounted in TWRP for this phone!

Jack
    D
    Deleted member 3370907
    Since I'm porting LineageOS to this device I'd very much like to have a look at the source code of this.
    Ok; so: TWRP, superuser and no-verity patch applied. So far, so good; yet there's a little problem:

I'm experiencing the unlock screen lag issue to the point that I can only unlock using my fingerprint (which is lightning fast); because if I try to unlock with pattern (or PIN) and battery-saver is on, the lag is such that the lockscreen doesn't ever unlock.

Now, searching around I've read that this issue might be related to Superuser and/or no-verity patch; so I think: no harm in trying Magisk.

But for that, I have a few doubts:

1.- For going the Magisk way, do I still need the no-encrypt-no-verity patch? I read people here writing about the "patched Superuser", but I don't know whether, by that, they mean the Superuser+no-verity-patch coupling, or whether the Superuser link in the OP's instructions is somehow already patched, AND the no-verity-patch is yet another patch for attaining a non-encrypted internal storage.
    In other words, does Magisk by itself prevent stock's enforced encryption?

2.- Since I'm already on Superuser+no-verity-patch, for going the Magisk way can I simply and merrily now install the Magisk zip via TWRP, or must I fisrt uninstall Superuser? Must I ALSO uninstall the no-verity-patch?

3.- In case I must uninstall Superuser/no-verity (or both), is there any way of doing it without having first to full wipe?

4.- This is merely a curiosity, but of some relevance: According to the OP, the no-verity-no-encrypt patch is needed for preventing forced encryption and making possible TWRP backups; however, according to this post in this thread, TWRP is able to mount and read internal storage, and do backups, without having applied the famous patch. Both assertions seem to contradict one another. Which one is true?

Thanks in advance.
    As far as I know the unlock screen lag issue is related to new versions of SuperSU, I'm not sure about Superuser.

1. Magisk has it's own no-dm-verity patch enabled.

2. I really think you should delete Superuser first, not sure about no-verity patch.

3. The best thing to do is take a backup for the (Data) partition in TWRP --> Flash the AP part of the ROM via Odin so you get a clean System and Boot --> Flash TWRP again via Odin --> Format the (Data) partition as instructed in OP --> Install Magisk.zip (now you have root and no-verity patch) --> Restore the Data partition backup.
    P.S your internal storage will be wiped during these steps!

4. Disabling dm-verity is mandatory to disable forced encryption and making possible TWRP backups.
    Hi @ashyx I don't want to bother you and maybe you already know about this qouta support thing TKKG1994 wrote here
    https://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/development/recovery-official-twrp-hero2lte-3-0-0-0-t3334084/page223
    Maybe that's why our TWRP can't mount data on Oreo Stock ROMs with Magisk?
    My knowledge is too limited to understand this.
    Would be so cool if you or @McFy could take a look at this (don't know how much you guys work together though).
    Please ignore this post if it is useless.
    Hello, I yet tought about adding it due to force encrypt, It's an oreo flag for fstab, I planned to add it for my twrp build because as I fixed encryption in lineage I took a look around twrp as well, but I have no Idea about stock oreo, I never flashed it .. but problem could be solved by this, wait next twrp offiical build.
    Sorry to make ads about mine version, it's not the aim :) , and no, ashyx sources are not released so mine trees are totally different,
    Regards