[RECOVERY][ROOT] TWRP 3.1.1-1 Galaxy J7 Prime SM-G610F (2016)

Search This thread

ashyx

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime SM-G610F/DS - Exynos 7870 Octa. Should also work for the SM-G610M/Y

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP 3.1.1-0 Released

May 19, 2017

TWRP 3.1.1-0 is out now for all currently supported devices.

What's new in 3.1.1-0:

Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2

Want to get notifications when we release new versions of TWRP? Install the TWRP app and select your device!

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by a handful of people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

Official TWRP App
Mar 11, 2017

Official TWRP App
The official TWRP app is the first and only first-party app developed by Team Win for TWRP. Please bear with us as we work to fix any bugs and build out the features. The initial version of the app does not support flashing on the Pixel due to the Pixel's A/B partition layout. In addition, the app may not support finding and flashing images from external storage locations. We are working hard to improve these items and bring you more new features.
Download Links:
We recommend downloading the app from the Play Store.

If you do not have Play Store access, you may download the Official TWRP App here: https://dl.twrp.me/twrpapp/
How do I use the app?
When you first open the app, you will be greeted by a few options. First, you will need to agree not to hold us responsible for anything that happens to your device while using the app. You may also grant the app root permissions. The app will work without root, but some functionality like image flashing will be disabled. Lastly, you can opt into enabling InsightCore (more on this feature later).

Once you have passed this initial screen, you will be greeted with the app home screen where you can choose TWRP FLASH or NETWORK STATISTICS (more on the network statistics later). On the TWRP FLASH screen you will need to select a device. Once you have selected a device, the app will periodically check for new TWRP versions for the device that you have selected. The default interval is once per day, but you can tap on the settings icon in the upper-right to change the interval or disable the update check entirely.

If you enabled root access, you will see options for selecting an image and buttons for flashing the selected image to boot or recovery. Note that you should flash TWRP images to recovery. The boot image flashing is for flashing full boot images (not just kernel zImages) and should not be used for flashing TWRP.

INSTRUCTIONS TO USE ADB BACKUP:
https://www.droidorigin.com/take-adb-backup-using-twrp-v3-1-0-0/

Current status: BETA.

Features:

MTP working
ADB working
SEANDROID warning fix
TWRP and Kernel built from latest source (kernel AQC4)
system Image backup and flashing support
NTFS support
F2FS support >> To be added
Twrp app support
Micro SD card >> Not working.

WHATEVER YOU DO BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING WITH TWRP MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE WITH TWRP AND HAVE THE STOCK FIRMWARE TO HAND JUST IN CASE DOWNLOADED FROM SAMMOBILE OR UPDATO.
IT'S ADVISABLE TO BACK UP ANY PERSONAL FILES.
THIS WILL TRIP KNOX AND MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY!

Instructions:

Flash with ODIN in the AP slot.
Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
Uncheck Auto reboot.
Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding POWER + HOME.
You should now see TWRP recovery.

NOTE: ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1/6.0/7.0 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

Download:
twrp_3.1.1-1_sm-g610f_5617

IMPORTANT! This device enforces dm-verity. ANY modifications or even mounting system will put the device into a bootloop. To prevent this TWRP will ask at first boot if you want to keep system 'Read only' or 'Allow modifications to system'. If you choose to keep 'Read only' you will have to flash TWRP at every boot to recovery.
If you choose to 'Allow' then SuperSU or the boot patch needs flashing below to disable dm-verity.

To Root:
Flash the latest SuperSU release with TWRP:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133/

This device forces encryption.
To disable forced encryption, mount internal storage(DATA) and disable dm-verity you must flash the boot patcher below:

(Note this MUST be flashed after SuperSU if you intend to root)
1. Boot to Twrp
2. Format Data partition using FORMAT DATA button under Wipe options.
(Note: This will wipe the internal storage)
3. Check DATA is mountable.
4. Install SuperSU (if root is required)
5. Install boot image patch below.
6. Reboot

Boot image patcher
no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx

DEVICE TREE: soon

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

Credits: Me, Teamwin
Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Last edited:

gean vilharva

Aug 23, 2016
Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime SM-G610F/DS - Exynos 7870 Octa. Should also work for the SM-G610M/Y

TWRP 3.1.1-0 Released

May 19, 2017

What's new in 3.1.1-0:

Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2

Want to get notifications when we release new versions of TWRP? Install the TWRP app and select your device!

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by a handful of people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

Official TWRP App
Mar 11, 2017

Official TWRP App
The official TWRP app is the first and only first-party app developed by Team Win for TWRP. Please bear with us as we work to fix any bugs and build out the features. The initial version of the app does not support flashing on the Pixel due to the Pixel's A/B partition layout. In addition, the app may not support finding and flashing images from external storage locations. We are working hard to improve these items and bring you more new features.
Download Links:

If you do not have Play Store access, you may download the Official TWRP App here: https://dl.twrp.me/twrpapp/
How do I use the app?
When you first open the app, you will be greeted by a few options. First, you will need to agree not to hold us responsible for anything that happens to your device while using the app. You may also grant the app root permissions. The app will work without root, but some functionality like image flashing will be disabled. Lastly, you can opt into enabling InsightCore (more on this feature later).

Once you have passed this initial screen, you will be greeted with the app home screen where you can choose TWRP FLASH or NETWORK STATISTICS (more on the network statistics later). On the TWRP FLASH screen you will need to select a device. Once you have selected a device, the app will periodically check for new TWRP versions for the device that you have selected. The default interval is once per day, but you can tap on the settings icon in the upper-right to change the interval or disable the update check entirely.

If you enabled root access, you will see options for selecting an image and buttons for flashing the selected image to boot or recovery. Note that you should flash TWRP images to recovery. The boot image flashing is for flashing full boot images (not just kernel zImages) and should not be used for flashing TWRP.

Current status: ALPHA(Untested)
I don't own this device so this build is currently untested. It may boot, it may not. If there are issues I would appreciate proper details and if possible the recovery log which can be found under ADVANCED/SAVE LOG.
I always advise having the stock firmware to hand just in case.

Features:

MTP working
ADB working
SEANDROID warning fix
TWRP and Kernel built from latest source
NTFS support
Twrp app support

WHATEVER YOU DO BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING WITH TWRP MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE WITH TWRP AND HAVE THE STOCK FIRMWARE TO HAND JUST IN CASE DOWNLOADED FROM SAMMOBILE OR UPDATO.

Instructions:

Uncheck Auto reboot.
After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding POWER + HOME.

AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

Download:

IMPORTANT! This device enforces dm-verity. ANY modifications or even mounting system will put the device into a bootloop. To prevent this TWRP will ask at first boot if you want to keep system 'Read only' or 'Allow modifications to system'. If you choose to keep 'Read only' you will have to flash TWRP at every boot to recovery.
If you choose to 'Allow' then SuperSU or the boot patch needs flashing below to disable dm-verity.

To Root:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133/

To disable forced encryption, mount internal storage(DATA) and disable dm-verity you must flash the boot patcher below:

1. Boot to Twrp
6. Reboot

Boot image patcher

Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

No meu j7 prime G610F twrp v3.1.1.1 não funcionou travou fiz tudo Serto mas mesmo assim não funcionou

Sent from my SM-G610F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

ashyx

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Last edited:

havananyx

May 9, 2012
İstanbul
Ah right so the guy in the first post was complaining about touch not that it didn't boot.
Can I ask your firmware version your device is running?

Google Translate TR> ENG

Hello there.

The touch does not work when I load TWRP with ODIN. TWRP stays on the first screen.

I can not assign a screen image because the message can not count. I sent the information with a private message that you did not want. I hope it helps.

Good luck with. Good work.

ashyx

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
j7-g610f
g610fddu1api9

Google Translate TR> ENG

Hello there.

The touch does not work when I load TWRP with ODIN. TWRP stays on the first screen.

I can not assign a screen image because the message can not count. I sent the information with a private message that you did not want. I hope it helps.

Hopefully this fixes the touch issue: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545571773

ashyx

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
The Touch issue is fixed but the sd card mount bug is still there ..! :(
I intend to fix that.

Can you do me a favour? Could you install DISKINFO from play store. Open the app then tap SDCARD. Could you post a screen shot making sure I can see PARTITION NAME and DEVICE.

Thanks.

Elanza_48

Jun 25, 2015
kolkata
I intend to fix that.

Can you do me a favour? Could you install DISKINFO from play store. Open the app then tap SDCARD. Could you post a screen shot making sure I can see PARTITION NAME and DEVICE.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G610F using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170609-222212.png
    Screenshot_20170609-222212.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 634
Reactions: ashyx

ashyx

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
@ashyx Do one need to flash SuperSU if he flashes the dm variety and encryption disabled patched kernel ??
No need to flash supersu unless you wish to root.
Which kernel are you referring to? There is no need to flash any kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TWRP 3.1.1-0 Released

May 19, 2017

What's new in 3.1.1-0:

Official TWRP App
    Mar 11, 2017

Official TWRP App
    Download Links:

How do I use the app?

Current status: BETA.

Features:

MTP working
    ADB working
    SEANDROID warning fix
    TWRP and Kernel built from latest source (kernel AQC4)
    NTFS support
    Twrp app support
    Micro SD card >> Not working.

IT'S ADVISABLE TO BACK UP ANY PERSONAL FILES.

Instructions:

Uncheck Auto reboot.

Download:

To Root:

1. Boot to Twrp
    6. Reboot

Boot image patcher

THANKS.

j7-g610f
    g610fddu1api9

Google Translate TR> ENG

Hello there.

Hopefully this fixes the touch issue: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545571773

Touch is working bro thank you. awsome work :)
    I intend to fix that.

Thanks.

@ashyx Thought I'm not rooted. But I can help u with this kind of things ;)

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone