Search This thread

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Galaxy J3 2017 - SM-J327U EXYNOS 7570

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP 3.1.1-0 Released

May 19, 2017

TWRP 3.1.1-0 is out now for all currently supported devices.

What's new in 3.1.1-0:

Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2

Update 25/11/2017
TWRP 3.1.1-1 NN build released.

Current status: BETA(testing)

Features:

TOUCHSCREEN working
MTP working
ADB working
SEANDROID warning fix
TWRP and Kernel built from latest nougat source
Factory Image flashing(see below)
NTFS support
F2FS support >> To be added
Twrp app support

New feature available in TWRP v3 is system image backup and restore and factory image flashing (see TWRP changelog for details)
Basically this means factory system images from the official firmware can now be flashed with TWRP.
This feature can be found under INSTALL >> INSTALL IMAGE >> select image to flash >> select partition.

IMPORTANT: THIS DEVICE EMPLOYS DM-VERITY. ANY MODIFICATIONS TO THE SYSTEM WILL TRIGGER DM-VERITY CAUSING A BOOT LOOP.
AFTER FLASHING TWRP DM-VERITY WILL NEED TO BE DISABLED BY FLASHING SUPERSU OR MAGISK.
ALTERNATIVELY FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW TO INSTALL THE BOOT PATCH.

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

Instructions:

Flash with ODIN 3.12.7 in the AP slot.
Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
Uncheck Auto reboot.
Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding POWER + HOME.
You should now see TWRP recovery.
NOTE: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE STEPS ABOVE IMPLICITLY WILL RESULT IN STOCK RECOVERY REPLACING TWRP AT FIRST BOOT.

NOTE: ON ANDROID 5.1.1/6.0/7.0 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

DOWNLOAD:
twrp_3.1.1-1_sm-j327u_271117

To Root:
Flash the latest SuperSU release with TWRP:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133/

To disable forced encryption, dm-verity and mount internal storage:
(Note this MUST be flashed after SuperSU if you intend to root)

1. Boot to Twrp
2. Format Data partition using FORMAT DATA button under Wipe options.
(Note: This will wipe the internal storage)
3. Check DATA is mountable.
4. Install SuperSU (if root is required)
5. Install boot image patch below.
6. Reboot

Boot image patch
no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx

DEVICE TREE: soon

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

Credits: Me, Teamwin
Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Last edited:

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Testing Stage

Please note:
I don't own this device so this is as yet untested. Please report any issues in as much detail as possible. Screenshots always welcome.

CSMNT

Oct 17, 2017
0 touchscreen functionality.

I can't get past the Swipe to Unlock screen which means I can't get past step 1 in the overall process xD

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
0 touchscreen functionality.

I can't get past the Swipe to Unlock screen which means I can't get past step 1 in the overall process xD
No worries. I had an idea this might be the case as I had the same issue on the J330F and had to fix the issue on that device also.
The 2 devices are fairly similar.

In the meantime an otg mouse should work.

Last edited:

Fdraco10

Sep 9, 2016
Managua, Nicaragua
It will be at some point today after the update to fix the touch screen.

Oh ok! Please, I beg You, I need flash my SM-J327U :( :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

It will be at some point today after the update to fix the touch screen.

Yeah, please fix it! I need Root my SM-J327U :crying::crying::crying::crying:

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Oh ok! Please, I beg You, I need flash my SM-J327U :( :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Yeah, please fix it! I need Root my SM-J327U :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Touchscreen fixed build is up.

CSMNT

Oct 17, 2017

Just getting back to you now. I think the bootloop is caused by TWRP because I haven't even attempted to flash SuperSU.

My process:
I move SuperSU and the no-verity file over to my internal storage before flashing TWRP in Odin. I flash TWRP. I reboot into recovery. Touch screen works but I can't mount internal storage to flash no-verity or SuperSU. I reboot and instead of being asked to reset it's just a boot loop.

Flashed the stock rom.

Fdraco10

Sep 9, 2016
Managua, Nicaragua
Just getting back to you now. I think the bootloop is caused by TWRP because I haven't even attempted to flash SuperSU.

My process:
I move SuperSU and the no-verity file over to my internal storage before flashing TWRP in Odin. I flash TWRP. I reboot into recovery. Touch screen works but I can't mount internal storage to flash no-verity or SuperSU. I reboot and instead of being asked to reset it's just a boot loop.

Flashed the stock rom.

Yeah, same here bro!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Galaxy J3 2017 - SM-J327U EXYNOS 7570

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP 3.1.1-0 Released

May 19, 2017

TWRP 3.1.1-0 is out now for all currently supported devices.

What's new in 3.1.1-0:

Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
    Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
    Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
    Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
    Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2

Update 25/11/2017
    TWRP 3.1.1-1 NN build released.

Current status: BETA(testing)

Features:

TOUCHSCREEN working
    MTP working
    ADB working
    SEANDROID warning fix
    TWRP and Kernel built from latest nougat source
    Factory Image flashing(see below)
    NTFS support
    F2FS support >> To be added
    Twrp app support

New feature available in TWRP v3 is system image backup and restore and factory image flashing (see TWRP changelog for details)
    Basically this means factory system images from the official firmware can now be flashed with TWRP.
    This feature can be found under INSTALL >> INSTALL IMAGE >> select image to flash >> select partition.

IMPORTANT: THIS DEVICE EMPLOYS DM-VERITY. ANY MODIFICATIONS TO THE SYSTEM WILL TRIGGER DM-VERITY CAUSING A BOOT LOOP.
    AFTER FLASHING TWRP DM-VERITY WILL NEED TO BE DISABLED BY FLASHING SUPERSU OR MAGISK.
    ALTERNATIVELY FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW TO INSTALL THE BOOT PATCH.

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

Instructions:

Flash with ODIN 3.12.7 in the AP slot.
    Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
    Uncheck Auto reboot.
    Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
    After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
    As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding POWER + HOME.
    You should now see TWRP recovery.
    NOTE: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE STEPS ABOVE IMPLICITLY WILL RESULT IN STOCK RECOVERY REPLACING TWRP AT FIRST BOOT.

NOTE: ON ANDROID 5.1.1/6.0/7.0 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
    Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
    AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

DOWNLOAD:
    twrp_3.1.1-1_sm-j327u_271117

To Root:
    Flash the latest SuperSU release with TWRP:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133/

To disable forced encryption, dm-verity and mount internal storage:
    (Note this MUST be flashed after SuperSU if you intend to root)

1. Boot to Twrp
    2. Format Data partition using FORMAT DATA button under Wipe options.
    (Note: This will wipe the internal storage)
    3. Check DATA is mountable.
    4. Install SuperSU (if root is required)
    5. Install boot image patch below.
    6. Reboot

Boot image patch
    no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx

DEVICE TREE: soon

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

Credits: Me, Teamwin
    Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
    THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

he probably doesnt know how or he is busy.
    Not being funny, but I find that comment highly annoying and disrespectful to every dev and MOD on this forum for several reasons . :mad:

The assumption is that every dev on this forum has all the time in the world to sit in front of a PC for hours on end.
    On the contrary many including myself have lives, family, kids, a full time job etc. and all that is asked in return is a little bit of assistance now and then.

Not only is it almost impossible to correct bugs and fix stuff without this assistance if you don't own the device, it's an absolute rule of XDA to provide such assistance in the form of clear concise details and logs.

Lastly, no one has the excuse that they don't know how to provide this info.
    There is a mine of information at your fingertips just a click away. Self education is not something that is hard to come by in this day and age or just simply asking.

Many of the devs on this forum have self taught, me included, through this self education by looking, learning, asking and doing over many years to get to a level to be able to provide the development they do.

Is it really so much to ask for someone to spend a few minutes of THEIR time to help out? :rolleyes:

Non of this is directed at any one in particular, but a general rant at some of the senseless comments that devs have to endure. Some of which does and has caused some good devs to upsticks and leave the development scene.

Rant over... jumps off soapbox. ;)
    Thank you, kind sir! Flashing it now.

Edit:

Touch screen is fixed. Now we have boot loop. Slowly making progress lol.
    What do you mean a boot loop? Is that from TWRP or SuperSU?
    Please post the recovery log and more details.
    I have no idea, you'd have to try it and report.