[RECOVERY][ROOT]TWRP 3.2.3-1 Galaxy Tab S4 - T830/T835

Search This thread

wicked352020

May 17, 2020
Womt work just hangs at boot aceeen

Yes, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we're never able to produce a bootable custom kernel for this device, as with the Tab S3. Once we have TWRP up and running, however, I shall certainly give it my best shot.

I tried installing so many ti,es it just sits at the first hootnscreen where says samsung galaxy s4 nothing happens did twrp magick the patch takes read only off nothing happens

wicked352020

May 17, 2020
STILL Please help

PLease help i turned of oem lock and enabled debugging I installed TWRP for my galaxy s4 830 and yes it was the right file, i rebooted holding power and volume up and im stuck on this sccreen
at top itsays set warranty bit recovery in middle says samsung galaxy tab s4 on bottom says custom powred by android
TAB-S4.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

nvm fixed it by holding volume up and down in at same time on reboot

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

WEll i installed twrp again and it does same thing wont load to the twrp screen

still getting same screen all the time dosent go past that picture

enotar

Jun 23, 2010
We need source files of kernel to modify and encryption disabler. If that happen it wont be soon.
Both for android 10
So enjoy your tablet unrooted.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

enotar

Jun 23, 2010
What about encryption disabler?

Well I tried and it works well, thank you so much for this!

pb: SafetyNet CtsProfile=false

Sent from my HMA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

diehard2013

Feb 15, 2013
my t830 is android 9 and rooted according to the method if this thread

to unroot, do l simply uninstall magick?
What about encryption? do I have to enable it again?

My goal is to be able to perform an OTA update to android 10.

thx.

jerian01

Dec 23, 2013
guys i need some help. Oem button disappeared on my t mobile t837 after it was updated to android 10. Tab is network unlocked via imei but cant use sim to makee calls. Please help me. I AM not new to flashing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Galaxy Tab S4 2018 - SM-T830/T835 MSM8998

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP 3.2.3-0 Released
    Aug 6, 2018
    TWRP 3.2.3-0 is out now for most currently supported devices.
    What's new in 3.2.3-0:
    * Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
    * Remove SuperSU from TWRP
    * Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
    Want to get notifications when we release new versions of TWRP? Install the TWRP app and select your device!
    We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by a handful of people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!
    You can track the progress of builds here

Update 21/9/2018
    Beta build released.
    Current status - Beta (tested working)
    Treble supported
    Pretty much everything is working except for ADB and MTP at the moment.

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

NOTE: ON ANDROID 5.1.1> DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
    Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
    AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

*****INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:*****

Flash with ODIN in the AP slot.

1. Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
    (Hold POWER + VOL DOWN + VOL UP) ]

2. Run ODIN and uncheck Auto reboot.

3. Load the file below into the AP slot and hit start.
    twrp_3.2.3-1_t830_26918

4. After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately force reboot to recovery. Do NOT let the device boot to the OS.
    You should now see TWRP recovery.

NOTE: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE STEPS ABOVE IMPLICITLY WILL RESULT IN STOCK RECOVERY REPLACING TWRP AT FIRST BOOT.

*****OREO ROOT INSTRUCTIONS:*****

Note: A MicroSD card is required to install the files below to your device.

1. Flash the Forced encryption disabler patch. This is only required if you wish to have full functionality in TWRP.
    Flashing this will disable Samsung's forced encryption. Disabling encryption will allow TWRP to mount the data partition.
    After flashing the patch it is necessary to *FORMAT* (not wipe) the /DATA partition using the FORMAT DATA button under the wipe options.
    PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING ON INTERNAL STORAGE AND FACTORY RESET THE DEVICE, SO BACK UP ANYTHING YOU WISH TO KEEP.
    TabS4_oreo_forced_encryption_disabler

2. To root I suggest installing Magisk as this is a currently supported project, SuperSu is no longer getting active development.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

3. Enjoy your rooted device.

DEVICE TREE: https://github.com/ashyx/TWRP_Samsung_GTS4LWIFI

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

Credits: Me, Teamwin, @ianmacd. Huge thanks to Ian for his full support and testing, helping patch the kernel and providing everything needed to get this done.

Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
    THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

I don't expect this to even boot as I have been forced to use the stock kernel and even if it does there is likely to be problems mounting partitions or accessing certain parts of the file system.
    This is due to Samsung's current kernel source being totally borked causing many compiler errors I have not yet managed to fix.

Let me be the first to say thank you for this, @ashyx.

I don't have time to flash it until later in the day, but you mention having to use the stock kernel, so I wanted to point you at my repo of Samsung's kernel source for firmware revision ARGH. Samsung hasn't released the source of a more recent version yet.

I built this before I even had the device (before it had even been released in Europe, in fact), so it's also untested, but I did fix all of the compile errors before committing it. You can either clone this repo, or just cherry-pick the commit that fixes all of the compile errors (e1af7e420d4d1eb0a3302d65bb1b6e8e54f7f36b). The defconfig is as released by Samsung, so probably needs a number of config options turned off before it will produce a kernel that will even boot as an unofficial build.

Thanks once again for all of your hard work (often on devices you don't even own).
    Let me be the first to say thank you for this, @ashyx.

I don't have time to flash it until later in the day, but you mention having to use the stock kernel, so I wanted to point you at my repo of Samsung's kernel source for firmware revision ARGH. Samsung hasn't released the source of a more recent version yet.

I built this before I even had the device (before it had even been released in Europe, in fact), so it's also untested, but I did fix all of the compile errors before committing it. You can either clone this repo, or just cherry-pick the commit that fixes all of the compile errors (e1af7e420d4d1eb0a3302d65bb1b6e8e54f7f36b). The defconfig is as released by Samsung, so probably needs a number of config options turned off before it will produce a kernel that will even boot as an unofficial build.

Thanks once again for all of your hard work (often on devices you don't even own).
    Ah good stuff.
    Yep most of them were include and tracepoint errors. Had pretty much fixed most of them by the looks of it, but got fed up after a while and got stuck at multiple tracepoint defines errors.

Honestly sometimes Samsung just release any old rubbish source code just to comply with the GPL.
    No way is this the actual source code used in the stock kernel.

Many thanks for the link to the kernel source. I'll ensure you get some credit for the commits.
    Honestly sometimes Samsung just release any old rubbish source code just to comply with the GPL.
    No way is this the actual source code used in the stock kernel.

Yes, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we're never able to produce a bootable custom kernel for this device, as with the Tab S3. Once we have TWRP up and running, however, I shall certainly give it my best shot.
    Sorry, I was rushing out the door and keen to answer you before I left. As soon as I was outside, I remembered what you had written about expecting file-system access to be impaired.

Sent from my SM-G965F using XDA Labs
    Ok have recompiled TWRP with the patched kernel and created a patched boot to disable dm-verity and a flashable zip to disable forced encryption.

twrp_3.2.3-1_t830_test_r2

To disable forced encryption, mount internal storage(DATA) and disable dm-verity:

1. Install the patched boot below. This can be installed with ODIN or extract the boot.img and flash with TWRP:

T830XXU1ARH8_dmverity_patched_boot

2. Boot to TWRP

3. Install the Forced encryption patch: TabS4_oreo_forced_encryption_disabler

4. Format DATA using the *FORMAT DATA button* under the wipe options.
    (NOTE - THIS WILL WIPE ALL INTERNAL STORAGE!)

5. Reboot and check DATA is mountable

Done.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone