[RECOVERY][ROOT]TWRP 3.3.1-1 Galaxy J6+/J610F/FN/G/DS

Search This thread
follow these instructions precisely:
1. do full backup and turn on oem unlock on in developer settings
2. place the twrp in AP in odin and uncheck auto reboot in options
3. connect your phone in download mode and flash the twrp
4. reboot directly to recovery after flashing twrp by pressing power and volume down for 8 seconds while in download mode then press power and volume up when the screen goes black to boot recovery
5. after recovery boots,go to wipe and then format data and type yes,go back to twrp main menu then select reboot and reboot recvoery,after twrp boot again (phone is now decrypted),go to install and install the j6+ encryption disabler,then install magisk zip
6. go back to twrp menu and format data again then reboot
IMPORTANT NOTE:
after your phone boot,go to magisk and try to install any module ,if it fails ,go to twrp again and reflash the magisk.zip

Thanks dope77, really helpful.

I added also a custom ROM and it works like a charm. Just install everything in this order:
* TWRP via Odin AP
* Custom ROM
* Gapps
* Magisk

Be careful to format data partition in order to be decrypted.

Lori99

Sep 23, 2022
I am quite lost as to what to do in my situation.
I wanted to flash a custom rom on my phone due to terrible performance on stock, I needed custom recovery for that so I went here and followed all instructions and got stuck. What I did and where I am:
- Unlocked bootloader
- Downloaded everything necessary
- Shut down phone and plugged it in my PC
- Ran odin
- Booted in Download mode
- Tried to flash TWRP and failed
- Noticed I got output on my phone saying that only official binaries are allowed
- Exited Download mode and booted
- Went to dev options and noticed Bootloader unlock option is missing

From what I read on this tread I believe that this means my phone is locked for 7 days, what steps do I follow from here? This is my first experience working with android customization, sorry if this is a noobie issue. I don't mind if things like sim or biometrics work.

All information necessary as far as I know (If more is needed notify me):
Model: SM-J610FN/DS
One UI: 2.0
Android: 10
Latest update is installed
Firmware: J610FNXXU7CUF2 (I was unable to find this version on SAMMOBILE)

dope77

Aug 8, 2018
I am quite lost as to what to do in my situation.
I wanted to flash a custom rom on my phone due to terrible performance on stock, I needed custom recovery for that so I went here and followed all instructions and got stuck. What I did and where I am:
- Unlocked bootloader
- Downloaded everything necessary
- Shut down phone and plugged it in my PC
- Ran odin
- Booted in Download mode
- Tried to flash TWRP and failed
- Noticed I got output on my phone saying that only official binaries are allowed
- Exited Download mode and booted
- Went to dev options and noticed Bootloader unlock option is missing

From what I read on this tread I believe that this means my phone is locked for 7 days, what steps do I follow from here? This is my first experience working with android customization, sorry if this is a noobie issue. I don't mind if things like sim or biometrics work.

All information necessary as far as I know (If more is needed notify me):
Model: SM-J610FN/DS
One UI: 2.0
Android: 10
Latest update is installed
Firmware: J610FNXXU7CUF2 (I was unable to find this version on SAMMOBILE)
What do you mean unlock bootloader? And regarding the OEM lock option, just go to Date/Time settings and disable automatic time settings then go to software update and check for update. Go back to date/time and now change the date (set the date like 10 days from now) then go check for updates again. Now you should see the OEM Unlock option in developer settings

Lori99

Sep 23, 2022
What do you mean unlock bootloader? And regarding the OEM lock option, just go to Date/Time settings and disable automatic time settings then go to software update and check for update. Go back to date/time and now change the date (set the date like 10 days from now) then go check for updates again. Now you should see the OEM Unlock option in developer settings
By unlock bootloader i meant OEM unlock. This worked perfectly, thanks!

DarknessDrake

Oct 17, 2022
Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Galaxy J6 plus 2018 - SM-J610 MSM8917

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP 3.3.1-0 Released
May 22, 2019
TWRP 3.3.1-0 is out now for most currently supported devices.
What's new in 3.3.1-0:
* Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao
* Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
* Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy
* Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy
* Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff
Want to get notifications when we release new versions of TWRP? Install the TWRP app and select your device!
We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by a handful of people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

Update 28/7/19
3.3.1-1 build released.
Current status - Beta (tested working)
Treble supported
Bugs: slight delay before touch starts working.

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

NOTE: ON ANDROID 5.1.1> DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

*****INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:*****

Flash with ODIN in the AP slot.

1. Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
(Plug in the USB cable and then hold POWER + VOL DOWN + VOL UP)

2. Load the respective file below into the AP slot, uncheck Auto-reboot and hit start.

twrp_3.2.3-1_J610_21230

twrp_3.3.1-1_J610x_28719

3. After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately force reboot to recovery. Do NOT let the device boot to the OS.
You should now see TWRP recovery.

4. Flash the V3 RMM bypass zip
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79745844&postcount=627

NOTE: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE STEPS ABOVE IMPLICITLY WILL RESULT IN STOCK RECOVERY REPLACING TWRP AT FIRST BOOT AND BECOMING RMM LOCKED FOR 7 DAYS.

I ALSO SUGGEST BACKING UP ANYTHING YOU NEED ON INTERNAL STORAGE. AT SOME POINT YOU MAY EXPERIENCE A 'VERIFICATION FAILED MESSAGE' .
THIS IS NORMAL, BUT WILL REQUIRE THE DATA PARTITION TO BE FORMATTED IN TWRP.

5. Reboot to TWRP (Do not boot to the OS yet)

***** ROOT INSTRUCTIONS:*****

1. Flash the Forced encryption disabler patch. This is only required if you wish to have full functionality in TWRP.
Flashing this will disable Samsung's forced encryption. Disabling encryption will allow TWRP to mount the data partition.
After flashing the patch it is necessary to *FORMAT* (not wipe) the /DATA partition using the FORMAT DATA button under the wipe options.
PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING ON INTERNAL STORAGE AND FACTORY RESET THE DEVICE, SO BACK UP ANYTHING YOU WISH TO KEEP.
J6+_oreo_forced_encryption_disabler

2. To root I suggest installing the latest Magisk beta as this is a currently supported project, SuperSu is no longer getting active development.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

OREO ONLY: (Below is a DEFEX patched kernel for Oreo. Some root apps may not work correctly without this kernel):
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397922702

PIE ONLY: Due to some new securities in Samsung's latest Pie kernels, root will not work with the stock kernel. The patched kernel below is required to gain root on Pie.
(NOTE: flashing a custom kernel on PIe breaks the lockscreen. Ensure NO lockscreen is enabled before installing the kernel.)
J610FXXU1BSDF_patched_boot_28719

3. Enjoy your rooted device.

DEVICE TREE: https://github.com/ashyx/TWRP_Samsung_j6primelte

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

Credits: Me, Teamwin, @dope77 for initial testing, @corsicanu for RMM bypass zip.

Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Excuse me, RMM bypass is for exynos system, what should I do as my J6 plus has snapdragon, please help, twrp is installed perfectly but after following the steps I am getting a constant bootloop and if I powered off the device and then turn on, it straights go to recovery

dope77

Aug 8, 2018
Excuse me, RMM bypass is for exynos system, what should I do as my J6 plus has snapdragon, please help, twrp is installed perfectly but after following the steps I am getting a constant bootloop and if I powered off the device and then turn on, it straights go to recovery
I bought an s20, no longer have j6+ but i think i still have all the fixes (rm bypass, twrp 3.5.0, biometrics fix) . Will check later after i wake up

Reactions: DarknessDrake

DarknessDrake

Oct 17, 2022
I bought an s20, no longer have j6+ but i think i still have all the fixes (rm bypass, twrp 3.5.0, biometrics fix) . Will check later after i wake up
Today I tried again and went with this pattern

Flashd with ODIN in the AP slot.

1. Putted my device in DOWNLOAD mode.

2. Loaded (twrp_3.2.3-1_J610_21230) below into the AP slot, uncheck Auto-reboot and hit start.

3. After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately force reboot to recovery. Didn't let the device boot to the OS.
(TWRP was successsfully installed)

4. Did a format data on wipe in twrp

5. Then I just installed Magisk 25.2 latest version throug twrp went for a reboot but got in a bootloop.

6. Then I just installed the custom rom and it worked, somehow.
(I just got a SEandroid in enforcing on boot)

PS: After Lineage OS was installed perfectly, I installed the RMM bypass and J6 Forced Encryption Disabler, was that even necessary?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Galaxy J6 plus 2018 - SM-J610 MSM8917

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP 3.3.1-0 Released
    May 22, 2019
    TWRP 3.3.1-0 is out now for most currently supported devices.
    What's new in 3.3.1-0:
    * Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao
    * Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
    * Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy
    * Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy
    * Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff
    Want to get notifications when we release new versions of TWRP? Install the TWRP app and select your device!
    We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by a handful of people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

Update 28/7/19
    3.3.1-1 build released.
    Current status - Beta (tested working)
    Treble supported
    Bugs: slight delay before touch starts working.

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

NOTE: ON ANDROID 5.1.1> DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
    Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
    AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

*****INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:*****

Flash with ODIN in the AP slot.

1. Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
    (Plug in the USB cable and then hold POWER + VOL DOWN + VOL UP)

2. Load the respective file below into the AP slot, uncheck Auto-reboot and hit start.

twrp_3.2.3-1_J610_21230

twrp_3.3.1-1_J610x_28719

3. After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately force reboot to recovery. Do NOT let the device boot to the OS.
    You should now see TWRP recovery.

4. Flash the V3 RMM bypass zip
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79745844&postcount=627

NOTE: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE STEPS ABOVE IMPLICITLY WILL RESULT IN STOCK RECOVERY REPLACING TWRP AT FIRST BOOT AND BECOMING RMM LOCKED FOR 7 DAYS.

I ALSO SUGGEST BACKING UP ANYTHING YOU NEED ON INTERNAL STORAGE. AT SOME POINT YOU MAY EXPERIENCE A 'VERIFICATION FAILED MESSAGE' .
    THIS IS NORMAL, BUT WILL REQUIRE THE DATA PARTITION TO BE FORMATTED IN TWRP.

5. Reboot to TWRP (Do not boot to the OS yet)

***** ROOT INSTRUCTIONS:*****

1. Flash the Forced encryption disabler patch. This is only required if you wish to have full functionality in TWRP.
    Flashing this will disable Samsung's forced encryption. Disabling encryption will allow TWRP to mount the data partition.
    After flashing the patch it is necessary to *FORMAT* (not wipe) the /DATA partition using the FORMAT DATA button under the wipe options.
    PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING ON INTERNAL STORAGE AND FACTORY RESET THE DEVICE, SO BACK UP ANYTHING YOU WISH TO KEEP.
    J6+_oreo_forced_encryption_disabler

2. To root I suggest installing the latest Magisk beta as this is a currently supported project, SuperSu is no longer getting active development.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

OREO ONLY: (Below is a DEFEX patched kernel for Oreo. Some root apps may not work correctly without this kernel):
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397922702

PIE ONLY: Due to some new securities in Samsung's latest Pie kernels, root will not work with the stock kernel. The patched kernel below is required to gain root on Pie.
    (NOTE: flashing a custom kernel on PIe breaks the lockscreen. Ensure NO lockscreen is enabled before installing the kernel.)
    J610FXXU1BSDF_patched_boot_28719

3. Enjoy your rooted device.

DEVICE TREE: https://github.com/ashyx/TWRP_Samsung_j6primelte

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

Credits: Me, Teamwin, @dope77 for initial testing, @corsicanu for RMM bypass zip.

Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
    THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

UPDATE 28/7/19: TWRP 3.3.1-1 released.
    Will you kindly attach the proper magisk 17.3 zip file?

follow these instructions precisely:
    1. do full backup and turn on oem unlock on in developer settings
    2. place the twrp in AP in odin and uncheck auto reboot in options
    3. connect your phone in download mode and flash the twrp
    4. reboot directly to recovery after flashing twrp by pressing power and volume down for 8 seconds while in download mode then press power and volume up when the screen goes black to boot recovery
    5. after recovery boots,go to wipe and then format data and type yes,go back to twrp main menu then select reboot and reboot recvoery,after twrp boot again (phone is now decrypted),go to install and install the j6+ encryption disabler,then install magisk zip
    6. go back to twrp menu and format data again then reboot
    IMPORTANT NOTE:
    after your phone boot,go to magisk and try to install any module ,if it fails ,go to twrp again and reflash the magisk.zip
    Working......................

Everything in order now, at last......................
    You will forgive me. I have nothing against that! Installed according to the instructions. I installed TWRP, I went into it, I formatted DATA wrote yes. I rebooted TWRP, installed Magisk, formatted DATA, booted into OS. Many layouts are poured, even ordinary ones (Message) (OneDrive) (Settings). If you can? Explain what is wrong? Hands even, but maybe I do not understand something?
    So you completely omitted to install 'J6+_oreo_forced_encryption_disabler' yet you complain that the data partition is unmountable after reboot?
    Also why did you format after installing Magisk?

If you're having problems whilst booted to Android OS then this is not related to TWRP.

If you're having issues with Magisk you need to post in that thread.