• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][ROOT][TWRP 3.3.1-1]Samsung Galaxy A3(2015) SM-A300F/FU/G/H/M

Search This thread

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Galaxy A3 - SM-A300F/FU/G/H/M, Qualcomm MSM8916

https://twrp.me/site/update/2019/05/22/twrp-3.3.1-0-released.html

*SEANDROID warning fix

*Recovery reboot fix

*MTP fix

*Modem, APNHLOS, EFS and Recovery partition backup

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

Instructions:

Flash with ODIN 3.10.7 in the AP slot:
Uncheck Auto reboot.
Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
After flashing immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding the other buttons.
You should now see TWRP recovery.

Flash with TWRP:
Extract the recovery.img from the tar archive then in TWRP select Install>>Install image.

twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-a300

twrp_3.3.1-2_sm-a300x_101119

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

To Root:
I suggest using Magisk as its a currently up to date project. Supersu is no longer maintained:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

DEVICE TREE: soon

NOTE: ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

Credits: Me, Teamwin and my testers- icesehman, -CALIBAN666-, jimbomodder
Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Last edited:

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Obviously.

I stumbled on an issue. TWRP boots fine, but no touch input. Reboot issue seems to remain IF one "reboot to recovery" from the system. Everything works find under the hood, connected through adb without any issue.

Which device model?
Can you post the recovery.log file?

Last edited:

Duke2010

Apr 12, 2010
Frankfurt
Obviously.

I stumbled on an issue. TWRP boots fine, but no touch input. Reboot issue seems to remain IF one "reboot to recovery" from the system. Everything works find under the hood, connected through adb without any issue.

hi community,

first of all very big thanks to @ashyx to support our device and port the new twrp :highfive:

i can confirm that the recovery start without problems after flashing with android 5.0.2 but sadly maybe the touchdriver not loading. touch have for now no function :confused:

my device is the a300fu with touchwiz stockrom and baseband boj4.

@ashyx, please fix the problem with touch and maybe all will be good :cool::highfive:

best regards and thank's for support our community :highfive: :good:

Last edited:

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
hi community,

first of all very big thanks to @ashyx to support our device and port the new twrp :highfive:

i can confirm that the recovery start without problems after flashing with android 5.0.2 but sadly maybe the touchdriver not loading. touch have for now no function :confused:

my device is the a300fu with touchwiz stockrom and baseband boj4.

@ashyx, please fix the problem with touch and maybe all will be good :cool::highfive:

best regards and thank's for support our community :highfive: :good:

Yes I'll fix the issue, but I need someone to upload the recovery log from cache/recovery/last_log

Last edited:

Jonny_Hood

Nov 17, 2014
Mülheim / Ruhr
First of all Thanks for your work!
I´m also on the A300FU Device :rolleyes:
Yes I'll fix the issue, but I need someone to upload the recovery log from cache/recovery/last_log
With the TWRP from OP, I confirm TWRP starts but Touch is not working (Log old)
With the "Fix" it stuck bevor TWRP Screen should appear (Log new) btw. flashed both with Odin

Attachments

• last_log.zip
    8 KB · Views: 39

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
First of all Thanks for your work!
I´m also on the A300FU Device :rolleyes:

With the TWRP from OP, I confirm TWRP starts but Touch is not working (Log old)

With the "Fix" it stuck bevor TWRP Screen should appear (Log new) btw. flashed both with Odin

Looking at the recovery log it seems there is an issue loading the graphics, so I have reverted one of the flags that I think is causing the issue.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24499762636004909

NOTE: I will not support any posts related to flashing with Flashify, this app has issues with some devices. ODIN(prefered), TWRP and the DD method is fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonny_Hood

Top Liked Posts