[RECOVERY][ROOT][TWRP 3.3.1-1]Samsung Galaxy A3(2015) SM-A300F/FU/G/H/M

Search This thread

silentone84

Jul 21, 2017
Having trouble with your method.
Model SM-A300F European edition. Baltics market.
I get so far as to flashing twrp with Odin. But using your method to get to freshly installed Twrp does not work.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Do not flash! This is a hard brick. It crashes faster than the pause that is needed to get into download mode. I have no clue how to fix that. The phone is rebooting permanently at the moment. I think i have to open it and remove the battery. You did not test it Ashyx...
Pause? Just hold power + home + vol down until download mode shows.
Its certainly not a hard brick, rather over dramatic. :rolleyes:

Also, what is meant by crashes? It is built from the same sources as the version in the OP.

DualJoe

Oct 12, 2011
de
It doesn't react on vol+dn + home. It constantly reboots to Samsung logo within 2 secs with shown 'recovery' mode. There is nothing i can do. Maybe the key controller is dead.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
It doesn't react on vol+dn + home. It constantly reboots to Samsung logo within 2 secs with shown 'recovery' mode. There is nothing i can do. Maybe the key controller is dead.
Just hold the keys for long enough and it will boot to download mode and its power + home + vol down .

DualJoe

Oct 12, 2011
de
Just hold the keys for long enough and it will boot to download mode
Boot mode decision happens right after bootloader (before vibration) and it just needs vol+up/dn + home. Power button is just to cycle the device. If you reset by recovery you don't need the power button at all.

But believe me, i tested everything. It was power cycling/vibrating continuously and it got warm. Nothing could stop that. Strange feeling that there's nothing you can do. I opened the phone, removed the battery, replugged it and it fortunately didn't autostart. After restarting it was in the same hard bootloop. So another replug with immediate download mode and finally success. I could flash my recovery back and your damage was fixed. Unfortunately, when lifting the display the glass separated from the led and its broken now so i have to get a new display. At least i've learned a lesson.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Boot mode decision happens right after bootloader (before vibration) and it just needs vol+up/dn + home. Power button is just to cycle the device. If you reset by recovery you don't need the power button at all.

But believe me, i tested everything. It was power cycling/vibrating continuously and it got warm. Nothing could stop that. Strange feeling that there's nothing you can do. I opened the phone, removed the battery, replugged it and it fortunately didn't autostart. After restarting it was in the same hard bootloop. So another replug with immediate download mode and finally success. I could flash my recovery back and your damage was fixed. Unfortunately, when lifting the display the glass separated from the led and its broken now so i have to get a new display. At least i've learned a lesson.
If you'd have actually taken on board what I'd advised non of what you did would have been necessary. I have been working on Samsung devices for many years and have compiled TWRP for a great number of them from gingerbread to Pie.
I have bricked, bootlooped, hung these devices many many times and always have been able to recover and have NEVER had to disassemble a device.

If you'd have held the buttons in the correct order as advised you most certainly would have booted to download mode.
Your mistake was holding VOL UP at the same time. VOL UP has no effect on download mode.

There are 4 boot modes for this device:

1. POWER + VOL UP + HOME = RECOVERY
2. POWER + VOL DOWN + HOME = DOWNLOAD
3. POWER + VOL DOWN = HARD RESET(From ANY state)
4. HOLD VOL DOWN AT BOOT ANIMATION = SAFE MODE.

POWER + VOL DOWN is hard reset for this device, so no matter what state the device is in whether its boot looping, stuck on Samsung logo or what ever the hardware will always detect the button combination and restart the device.
Add holding the DOWN button to the combo and the device hard resets and then the bootloader detects that DOWN button is also pressed and boots into download mode.

The device needs to cycle for it to take effect. Its seems obvious you didn't do this and thus encountered an eternal boot to recovery.

You are the first and only person i have encountered in all my years developing for these devices that has had to open a device because of a bad flash. Period. :rolleyes:

Reactions: drnightshadow
If that's all you have to say i'm done here.
Lol, yeah safer for you and better for us...:D... a little joke :angel:
I had never such problems on any Samsung devices... and yes I soft bricked many of them and its really easy to get in to download mode and unbrick it with odin.
You are clearly doing something wrong. And yes you need press power with other buttons until you'll get samsung logo than release power button, but you'll need to keep holding vol-/vol+ and home buttons. Just follow ashyx instructions in last post. Sometimes it takes some patience and keep trying (release all buttons and press them again on boot)... no need to disassemble device.
Good luck.

Edit1: im gonna test last TWRP 3.3.1-2_sm-a300x_101119 on sm-A300FU...ill report the result soon

Edit2: short test done..in TWRP upgrade (install image - unpacked tar) from 3.1.1-0_FU to 3.3.1-2 and it is booting to twrp just normal (sd card is mounted as usual, can't test MTP - no pc around and not tested USB-OTG) and booting to system also works... so far all is working.. gj @ashyx and thank you for your work

Edit3: some more testing... backup and restore from sd card is working just fine, lol even after using tipatch (XDA lab apps) recovery image for data (incl. storage) - pictures and downloads included, is still working perfectly.. awesome :victory:

Last edited:
Reactions: ashyx

DualJoe

Oct 12, 2011
de
I can send you the 3.3.1-1 image for testing so we have confidence. Are you brave enough?

Regarding power button anyone can test/prove it himself: Go to recovery and press reboot/system. Immediately hold vol+up + home (without power button).

Usually aboot cannot be interfered by anything indeed but it did happen. I've seen strange mtd0 write protection errors before in TWRP when trying to write to PARAM. Maybe the mtd0 flash is corrupt on the phone or its maybe related to the new TWRP A/B flash method that brings the phone accidentally into a corrupt state.

Last edited:
I can send you the 3.3.1-1 image for testing so we have confidence. Are you brave enough?

Regarding power button anyone can test/prove it himself: Go to recovery and press reboot/system. Immediately hold vol+up + home (without power button).
Ahh just stop with this nonsense - you smell like a crying troll
On working phone yes, you can cheat like that but on bootlooped or soft bricked you cant... do I need to draw you or do you get it now...

Lol to send me your toasted twrp lool no thank you ... ashyx posted androidfilehost link for 3.3.1-2 ,
This one should boot OK. However untested.

Install with ODIN: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261625220

but if you don't know how to download it and flash it... than this time not a joke, as you said "I'm done here", please do it.. your wasting posts and ashyx's time and energy and mine... I proved that ashyx twrp 3.3.1-2 is working and I'm using it right now..
hmmm..:cool:
Ha i have an idea... I'm done with you...:victory:

Last edited:

DualJoe

Oct 12, 2011
de
As you're currently on the latest TWRP. What happens when you reboot/recovery and then reboot/system? Does it work?

As you're currently on the latest TWRP. What happens when you reboot/recovery and then reboot/system? Does it work?
Are you able to read ...read my post up before your offer to send me your twrp... read edit1, edit2 and 3.... and I also quoted ashyx post with latest link...
Do you know how to use ODIN and how to flash recovery or how to root your phone??? If no, go google it before your next post.
Now I'm sure you are trolling...
Next troll post ill report :cool:
Tip: yes I'm using latest TWRP and all is working..boot/reboot/recovery boot/system boot/wipe/backup/restore/....

Last edited:
This is a serious question. Several ppl noticed the bug. Show some respect to the community and answer the question.
Lol This is a joke ..good one...
Ok you clearly have a bug.... removed recovery button, ouch (impossible to boot directly in new twrp after update twrp with twrp).
Hmmm.. what about... porting orangefox recovery to samsung devices ...:silly: haha that should be magic for you

simple no reboot or no system bugs on 3.3.1-2 by ashyx... :D Perfect TWRP!
Lol good luck and don't ask ashyx for help lulz

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts