• If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.
  • Nearly there! Migration cleanup is mostly done. There are about 6k posts left to import, a few forum redirects to make, and minor details. All the heavy lifting is done. Would love to hear feedback over at this thread!

[RECOVERY][ROOT]TWRP 3.3.1-1 Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 SM-J330F/J330FN/J330G/DS

ashyx

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
@ashyx
Hello.Maybe you can make patched boot for J330F version?Thank you.
Here is stock boot.img samsung/j3y17lteser/j3y17lte:8.0.0/R16NW/J330FXXU3BRH1
J330FXXU3BRH1_stock_boot.img
Tbh would have expected the J330fn boot image to work on the J330f also.
Will take a look later. Thanks.

Reactions: lemlis

faudge

Sep 1, 2018
Yes, what I am doing is as soon as Odin shows the "Pass" message, I am pressing power, home and vol down, as soon as the screen goes black I press vol up and keep the other two. But I always end up with a screen showing "installing system update", then "no command" and after that I see the stock recovery menu.
I have the same behaviour. Have you a solution ?

Thanks

EthanT09

Oct 14, 2010
Magisk 17 released! Has someone tried to root with this new version? I tried using Magisk Manager to patch stock boot image(no Twrp) but it said "Installation failed!"
Yes tried Magisk v17.1 the SIM issue is still there after rooting...

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Surely this root issue is not solely related to Samsung J330FN?
I have changed OREO stock roms from ITV, VDI and then my to my carrier O2U and the issue still persists. There is some security in the stock kernel which is detecting root and disabling the SIM somehow...

Reactions: xtremegamer87

xtremegamer87

Apr 19, 2015
Foggia
Yes tried Magisk v17.1 the SIM issue is still there after rooting...

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Surely this root issue is not solely related to Samsung J330FN?
I have changed OREO stock roms from ITV, VDI and then my to my carrier O2U and the issue still persists. There is some security in the stock kernel which is detecting root and disabling the SIM somehow...
So you installed Magisk 17.1 by flashing it with TWRP or from Magisk manager?

Sent from my Samsung SM-J330FN using XDA Labs