[RECOVERY][ROOT]TWRP 3.3.1-1 Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 SM-J330F/J330FN/J330G/DS

Search This thread

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Galaxy J3 2017 - SM-J330F/FN/FZ/G/DS EXYNOS 7570

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP 3.3.1-0 Released
May 22, 2019
TWRP 3.3.1-0 is out now for most currently supported devices.
What's new in 3.3.1-0:
* Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao
* Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
* Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy
* Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy
* Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff
Want to get notifications when we release new versions of TWRP? Install the TWRP app and select your device!
We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by a handful of people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance

UPDATE 10/8/2019
TWRP 3.3.1-1 OO/PP build released
Current status: Beta

Update 15/9/2018
TWRP 3.2.3-1 OO build released.
Current status: Stable

Update 27/1/2018
TWRP 3.2.1-1NN build released

Update 23/11/2017
TWRP 3.1.1-1 NN build released.

Features:

TOUCHSCREEN working
MTP working
ADB working
SEANDROID warning fix
TWRP and Kernel built from latest source
Factory Image flashing(see below)
NTFS support
F2FS support >> To be added
Twrp app support

New feature available in TWRP v3 is system image backup and restore and factory image flashing (see TWRP changelog for details)
Basically this means factory system images from the official firmware can now be flashed with TWRP.
This feature can be found under INSTALL >> INSTALL IMAGE >> select image to flash >> select partition.[/B]

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

Instructions:

NOTE: ON ANDROID 5.1.1> DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

Flash with ODIN in the AP slot.

1. Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
2. Uncheck Auto reboot. (NOT REQUIRED FOR INSTALLING TWRP 3.3.1-1)
3. Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
4. After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding POWER + HOME. (NOT REQUIRED FOR INSTALLING TWRP 3.3.1-1, THE DEVICE WILL AUTO BOOT TO RECOVERY)

5. Flash the V3 RMM bypass zip
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79745844&postcount=627

NOTE: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE STEPS ABOVE IMPLICITLY WILL RESULT IN STOCK RECOVERY REPLACING TWRP AT FIRST BOOT AND BECOMING RMM LOCKED FOR 7 DAYS.

I ALSO SUGGEST BACKING UP ANYTHING YOU NEED ON INTERNAL STORAGE. AT SOME POINT YOU MAY EXPERIENCE A 'VERIFICATION FAILED MESSAGE' .
THIS IS NORMAL, BUT WILL REQUIRE THE DATA PARTITION TO BE FORMATTED IN TWRP.

DOWNLOAD:

twrp_3.3.1-1_sm-j330x_13819

twrp_3.2.3-1_j330_13918

twrp_3.2.1-1_sm-j330f_270117

twrp_3.1.1-1_sm-j330f_231117

Nougat Root instructions:
Install latest Magisk release with TWRP:
https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

To disable forced encryption, disable dmverity and mount internal storage:

1. Boot to Twrp
2. Format Data partition using FORMAT DATA button under Wipe options.
(Note: This will wipe the internal storage)
3. Check DATA is mountable.
4. Install the boot image patch.
Boot image patch
no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx
5. Install Magisk(if root is required)
https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
6. Reboot

OREO ONLY ROOT INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Install the Root patch kernel with TWRP.

J330F-FN_root_no_sim_patch

NOTE:This is a custom Oreo J330F/FN XXU3BRG3 permissive/enforcing kernel and patch built from source. It makes changes to the system partition also.

What does it do?:
*It installs a custom kernel to fix the no SIM issue when rooting.
*Patches the system to fix WIFI and Bluetooth not turning on when using custom kernels.
*Patches DM-Verity.
*Removes forced encryption and patches /data not able to be mounted (after formatting).
*Removes the SecurityLogAgent nag when using a custom kernel.

2. If you wish to mount /DATA for access to internal storage then FORMAT the /DATA partition.

3. To root install the latest Magisk below.

PIE ONLY ROOT INSTRUCTIONS:

To root install latest Magisk below.

To disable encryption (mount DATA in TWRP) install the zip below with TWRP:

Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_Quota_08.02.2019

Finally FORMAT /DATA in TWRP.

Reboot.

DEVICE TREE: soon

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

Credits: Me, my tester @lemlis, Teamwin
Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Last edited:

Anual

Nov 7, 2017
Tanah Merah
Arggghh i feel something goes wrong with my device intead of succesfull installation. Yes i can flash zip and make nandroid backup. But my device not running properly. I can't adjust screen brightness even camera not functioning. Now i'm waiting for full batery charge to flash stock rom & try to flash twrp once again

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

Arggghh i feel something goes wrong with my device intead of succesfull installation. Yes i can flash zip and make nandroid backup. But my device not running properly. I can't adjust screen brightness even camera not functioning. Now i'm waiting for full batery charge to flash stock rom & try to flash twrp once again

Now my j330g working normally after i flash cf auto root without flashing stock rom. What's the problem??

Reactions: s1m4s

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

Now my j330g working normally after i flash cf auto root without flashing stock rom. What's the problem??
Probably the version of SuperSu you flashed.

BlackDragonz

Sep 1, 2015
Sorry for this offtopic but can anyone post a link of latest firmware for J330G/DS, which doesn't want to grab my money for Fast download speed please? I want to try this recovery but still afraid if something bad happens. Thanks in advance!
@ashyx, thank you so much for this recovery sir! I've been waiting for a recovery for this phone for so long and now it's here! you managed to create this recovery for this phone even without one! I'm impressed sir!

Last edited:

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Sorry for this offtopic but can anyone post a link of latest firmware for J330G/DS, which doesn't want to grab my money for Fast download speed please? I want to try this recovery but still afraid if something bad happens. Thanks in advance!
@ashyx, thank you so much for this recovery sir! I've been waiting for a recovery for this phone for so long and now it's here! you managed to create this recovery for this phone even without one! I'm impressed sir!
updato.com

arabarabow

May 4, 2017
i cant flash super su twrp didn't show the file to flash
File to flash have to be on sd card ?

Last edited:

aziz_chargui

Dec 8, 2015
Can i just use cf auto root to root my phone without installing a recovery? Or it's better to root using this method?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial release -TWRP recovery for the Galaxy J3 2017 - SM-J330F/FN/FZ/G/DS EXYNOS 7570

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP 3.3.1-0 Released
    May 22, 2019
    TWRP 3.3.1-0 is out now for most currently supported devices.
    What's new in 3.3.1-0:
    * Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao
    * Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
    * Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy
    * Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy
    * Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff
    Want to get notifications when we release new versions of TWRP? Install the TWRP app and select your device!
    We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by a handful of people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance

UPDATE 10/8/2019
    TWRP 3.3.1-1 OO/PP build released
    Current status: Beta

Update 15/9/2018
    TWRP 3.2.3-1 OO build released.

Update 27/1/2018
    TWRP 3.2.1-1NN build released

Update 23/11/2017
    TWRP 3.1.1-1 NN build released.

Features:

TOUCHSCREEN working
    MTP working
    ADB working
    SEANDROID warning fix
    TWRP and Kernel built from latest source
    Factory Image flashing(see below)
    NTFS support
    F2FS support >> To be added
    Twrp app support

New feature available in TWRP v3 is system image backup and restore and factory image flashing (see TWRP changelog for details)
    Basically this means factory system images from the official firmware can now be flashed with TWRP.
    This feature can be found under INSTALL >> INSTALL IMAGE >> select image to flash >> select partition.[/B]

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

Instructions:

NOTE: ON ANDROID 5.1.1> DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
    Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
    AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

Flash with ODIN in the AP slot.

1. Put your device in DOWNLOAD mode.
    2. Uncheck Auto reboot. (NOT REQUIRED FOR INSTALLING TWRP 3.3.1-1)
    3. Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
    4. After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
    As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding POWER + HOME. (NOT REQUIRED FOR INSTALLING TWRP 3.3.1-1, THE DEVICE WILL AUTO BOOT TO RECOVERY)

5. Flash the V3 RMM bypass zip
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79745844&postcount=627

NOTE: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE STEPS ABOVE IMPLICITLY WILL RESULT IN STOCK RECOVERY REPLACING TWRP AT FIRST BOOT AND BECOMING RMM LOCKED FOR 7 DAYS.

I ALSO SUGGEST BACKING UP ANYTHING YOU NEED ON INTERNAL STORAGE. AT SOME POINT YOU MAY EXPERIENCE A 'VERIFICATION FAILED MESSAGE' .
    THIS IS NORMAL, BUT WILL REQUIRE THE DATA PARTITION TO BE FORMATTED IN TWRP.

DOWNLOAD:

twrp_3.3.1-1_sm-j330x_13819

twrp_3.2.3-1_j330_13918

twrp_3.2.1-1_sm-j330f_270117

twrp_3.1.1-1_sm-j330f_231117

Nougat Root instructions:
    Install latest Magisk release with TWRP:

To disable forced encryption, disable dmverity and mount internal storage:

1. Boot to Twrp
    2. Format Data partition using FORMAT DATA button under Wipe options.
    (Note: This will wipe the internal storage)
    3. Check DATA is mountable.
    4. Install the boot image patch.
    Boot image patch
    no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx
    5. Install Magisk(if root is required)
    6. Reboot

OREO ONLY ROOT INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Install the Root patch kernel with TWRP.

NOTE:This is a custom Oreo J330F/FN XXU3BRG3 permissive/enforcing kernel and patch built from source. It makes changes to the system partition also.

What does it do?:
    *Patches the system to fix WIFI and Bluetooth not turning on when using custom kernels.
    *Patches DM-Verity.
    *Removes forced encryption and patches /data not able to be mounted (after formatting).

2. If you wish to mount /DATA for access to internal storage then FORMAT the /DATA partition.

3. To root install the latest Magisk below.

PIE ONLY ROOT INSTRUCTIONS:

To root install latest Magisk below.

To disable encryption (mount DATA in TWRP) install the zip below with TWRP:

Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_Quota_08.02.2019

Finally FORMAT /DATA in TWRP.

Reboot.

DEVICE TREE: soon

PLEASE DO *NOT* DIRECT LINK TO THESE FILES. PLEASE LINK TO THIS POST

Credits: Me, my tester @lemlis, Teamwin
    Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
    THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

UPDATE: Touchscreen fixed

UPDATE:
    Root patch now available.
    Install with TWRP.

What does it do?:
    *Patches DM-Verity.

OK, made some progress. Have managed to get SIM working with root. However whether rooted or not there is still an issue with wifi and bluetooth not working. This is probably a kernel /module version mismatch.