• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY] Rooting HTC One | ClockworkMod Recovery 0.5 [09.03.2013]

Search This thread

mike1986.

sep2.png

Recovery
Download

Version 0.5
- Fixed ramdisk address (Thanks to Flyhalf205)

Issues:
- None found yet

How to flash:
- unlock your bootloader via htcdev site
- rename the file to "recovery.img"
- go to bootloader ---> fastboot
- type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

More recoveries:
CWM by Flyhalf205
TWRP by Flyhalf205

Rooting Tools
Download

How to flash:
- from inside recovery

You flash it all at your own risk!

Last edited:

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
YAY! Not to criticize. But building HTC recoveries with builders.clockworkmod usually doesn't work well.
1.) The font is going to be extremely tiny. Going to be using like size 12 on a 23 size screen
2.) The sdcard path in the recovery.fstab is wrong.
3.) It is missing about 4 files in the sbin folder. Famous file is offmode_charging.

But congrats man on starting it.

If you want to break mine down and look inside at the init script/recovery.fstab and compare. The one I built last week at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38384371&postcount=24

Last edited:

mike1986.

YAY! Not to criticize. But building HTC recoveries with builders.clockworkmod usually doesn't work well.
1.) The font is going to be extremely tiny. Going to be using like size 12 on a 23 size screen
2.) The sdcard path in the recovery.fstab is wrong.
3.) It is missing about 4 files in the sbin folder. Famous file is offmode_charging.

But congrats man on starting it.

If you want to break mine down and look inside at the init script/recovery.fstab and compare. The one I built last week at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38384371&postcount=24

I just wanted to post some basic stuff so that someone with HTC One can root his device and f.g. use dd to dump boot and system partition for us. I have no doubts that much better recoveries will come soon. It's just something to begin with.

Anyway, thanks for your tips! HTC One X+ also had wrong sdcard path as far as I remember.

Last edited:

Sharpi1

Aug 14, 2011
Wuppertal
AW: [RECOVERY] Rooting HTC One | ClockworkMod Recovery 0.1 [02.03.2013]

Nice starting mike :)
Will it be possible to get soff with the new one or do we have still be son? Further do you guys think that it is possible to open bootloader without HTC dev so that you can have your guarantee further?

mike1986.

Sorry to spam the second thread again - but REALLY? i lost mine while unlocking my sensation. :)

Is there anywhere stated that you loose your warranty? Nope. All is written there is:

It is our responsibility to caution you that not all claims resulting or caused by or from the unlocking of the bootloader may be covered under warranty.

Which means, that if you brick your device while flashing custom ROM, which unlocked bootloader allows you, you may have no warranty claim for that.

If you read carefully it you can conclude 2 important things:

1) If "not all claims" may be covered under warranty, then (logic conversion) some claims may be still covered under warranty.
2) Even if you can't claim something under warranty because of unlocked bootlader, that doesn't mean you lost your warranty. You still have your warranty and you still can have claims under warranty, but this warranty wont cover those claims caused by or from the unlocking of the bootloader.

I hope that explains things :)

Thank you - it does. :)

I'm full of anticipation about first flashing Roms etc. :D

mike1986.

When a recovery is fully working, I'll release my toolkit with it. I already made the base for this device!

When I will get my One hopefully soon, I will build one from CWM source and maybe TWRP if there won't be anyone faster than me

Sounds great guys! :)

BTW you might be interested in reading this - http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.com/2013/03/unlocking-bootloader-or-flashing-custom.html

Flyhalf205

Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Re: [RECOVERY] Rooting HTC One | ClockworkMod Recovery 0.1 [02.03.2013]

When I will get my One hopefully soon, I will build one from CWM source and maybe TWRP if there won't be anyone faster than me

I've got twrp built. I will upload it tonight when I get home. And cwm from source with the correct dev blocks.

cwm from source at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38384371&postcount=3
I haven't posted the version with the correct dev/blocks yet

TWRP doesn't support our screen size so when you do install it. It will not cover the entire screen.

Make sure your TWRP config looks like

DEVICE_RESOLUTION := 800x1280
TW_INCLUDE_DUMLOCK := true
RECOVERY_SDCARD_ON_DATA := true
BOARD_HAS_NO_REAL_SDCARD := true
TW_INTERNAL_STORAGE_PATH := "/data/media"
TW_INTERNAL_STORAGE_MOUNT_POINT := "data"
TW_NO_USB_STORAGE := true
RECOVERY_GRAPHICS_USE_LINELENGTH := true

EDIT: Posted the new recovery at http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2120

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: -viperboy-

Turbotab

May 2, 2011
Could anybody with a rooted HTC One, dump the contents or screenshot the thermald.conf file (system/etc/thermald.conf). I'm trying to confirm the GPU clock of the Snapdragon 600:D

Flyhalf205

Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Re: [RECOVERY] Rooting HTC One | ClockworkMod Recovery 0.2 [07.03.2013]

Hey to let you if you want to link it or whatever. I got Koush to add this recovery to Rom manager.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sep2.png

Recovery
    Download

Version 0.5
    - Fixed ramdisk address (Thanks to Flyhalf205)

Issues:
    - None found yet

How to flash:
    - unlock your bootloader via htcdev site
    - rename the file to "recovery.img"
    - go to bootloader ---> fastboot
    - type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

More recoveries:
    CWM by Flyhalf205
    TWRP by Flyhalf205

Rooting Tools
    Download

How to flash:
    - from inside recovery

You flash it all at your own risk!
    When a recovery is fully working, I'll release my toolkit with it. I already made the base for this device!
    Thread cleaned

It's not another users business to decide which thread is necessary and which is not. Please keep that in mind.
    Sorry to spam the second thread again - but REALLY? i lost mine while unlocking my sensation. :)

Is there anywhere stated that you loose your warranty? Nope. All is written there is:

It is our responsibility to caution you that not all claims resulting or caused by or from the unlocking of the bootloader may be covered under warranty.

Which means, that if you brick your device while flashing custom ROM, which unlocked bootloader allows you, you may have no warranty claim for that.

If you read carefully it you can conclude 2 important things:

1) If "not all claims" may be covered under warranty, then (logic conversion) some claims may be still covered under warranty.
    2) Even if you can't claim something under warranty because of unlocked bootlader, that doesn't mean you lost your warranty. You still have your warranty and you still can have claims under warranty, but this warranty wont cover those claims caused by or from the unlocking of the bootloader.

I hope that explains things :)