• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][sagit] TWRP 3.1.1-0 for Xiaomi Mi6

Search This thread

Warmix

Dec 27, 2014

This:
Y4Hw0

I think this is a standard recovery for Xiaomi. But i flashed recovery but still i cannot enter to TWRP, only using cmd and flash boot twrp.img...

Last edited:

littleantony

Apr 7, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11
This:

I think this is a standard recovery for Xiaomi. But i flashed recovery but still i cannot enter to TWRP, only using cmd and flash boot twrp.img...
You are using the boot command.
This will only load twrp temporarily
To make this permanent you use the command
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img
However this will break otas
Warning: you have to edit the miui ROM zip file before you flash it through twrp otherwise it will be replaced by Stock
If you fail to do this miui will relock bootloader and hard brick your phone. So I prefer to stick to custom ROMs after that

Last edited:
Reactions: Warmix

Warmix

Dec 27, 2014
You are using the boot command.
This will only load twrp temporarily
To make this permanent you use the command
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img
However this will break otas

I used this command "fastboot flash recovery...." and untill i won't enter to system twrp works but when i turn on system, enter data etc power up + home shows Main menu :(
I don't want reinstall rom, i just want to install twrp and some app etc.

littleantony

Apr 7, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11
I used this command "fastboot flash recovery...." and untill i won't enter to system twrp works but when i turn on system, enter data etc power up + home shows Main menu :(
You have to enter twrp immediately after the flash, do not let your phone reboot into system otherwise twrp will be replaced
And hopefully you have read my edit above
Once twrp as booted for the first time it will patch itself to prevent it from being removed on boot up

Reactions: Warmix

Warmix

Dec 27, 2014
You have to enter twrp immediately after the flash, do not let your phone reboot into system otherwise twrp will be replaced
And hopefully you have read my edit above
Once twrp as booted for the first time it will patch itself to prevent it from being removed on boot up

Oh, so I have to modify some file on ROM because recovery will be replaced all the time when I turn on system. Ok, i will try find hwo to do it. Thanks! :)

littleantony

Apr 7, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11
I did this... Then my folders was empty on TWRP -> rebot to system -> login google etc... -> again return to recovery -> TWRP-> Install -> folders encrypted
Are you sure?
Wipe and format sound similar but do different things.

Attachments

• IMG_20170815_132158.jpg
    IMG_20170815_132158.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 1,624
  • IMG_20170815_132217.jpg
    IMG_20170815_132217.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 1,606
  • IMG_20170815_132246.jpg
    IMG_20170815_132246.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 1,610

Jeff72fr

Mar 17, 2009
hello ,

USB OTG doesn't work for me.

If I want to make a backup in internal storage , I have an error : "Can create a folder......"

So , I can't do nothing with this TWRP...

Any solution ?

Thanks for the work.

Martins2040

Feb 3, 2014
hello ,

USB OTG doesn't work for me.

If I want to make a backup in internal storage , I have an error : "Can create a folder......"

So , I can't do nothing with this TWRP...

Any solution ?

Thanks for the work.

Im having same problem. Hoping to get my Mi6 to work with a usefull TWRP and custom ROM.
I too cant load usb storage from twrp recovery.
And everytime i reboot i lose my copied files from the storage.
But you can copy files,
-Use cmd in windows.
-use adb fastboot (while phone is in twrp recovery)
-type:
adb push file.zip /
or
adb push file.zip /mnt/sdcard

Then you can install the zip or image. My question is. How do i keep the files, cuz the disapear?
(and every single ROM says ERROR 7 )

Last edited:

Jeff72fr

Mar 17, 2009
Hi ,

My problem is that before installing any custom rom I want to do a backup and use it if I need to. ;)

So I can push a zip or image file (thanks for the tuto) but , before, I want to have a total backup.

I have seen on youtube videos showing the use of USB OTG with TWRP on MI6. So it should worK.

illxf

Sep 7, 2012
hi
got a problem
my mi6 (64G)is useing LG panel
when i flash TWRP and reboot to recovery,the TWRP freeze,can't press anything

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg=w300

TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit)

Hi guys,

I made the TWRP from TeamWin official sources for our Xiaomi Mi6 (sagit). You can download the img and flash it from fastboot.

Bootloader unlocked required!

Installation:
    • Unlock bootloader (skip if you have already unlocked it)
    • Reboot Mi6 into fastboot mode
    • Flash using
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1.0-sagit-v2.img
    • Reboot

Download:

Bugs:
    • When device is encrypted you can't see the files into recovery, ADB and MTP
    • Let me know if there are others

Source code:
    TWRP v2 for sagit released!

Changelog:
    • Fix MTP and ADB

Download:
    By unlocking the bootloader I have done a factory reset why isnt it gone? isn't it possible to have encryption and twrp running together without this problem?

Then wipe data?For twpr that does not stay installed?

It is possible, but Xiaomi for Mi6 uses FBE encryption. Actually a few devices have it. I'm working on a fix that will be released soon. :D
    For now you have to "wipe"-> press "format data" button to use internal storage from recovery, so data and sdcard will be decrypted (and wiped).
    To decrypt storage just format data ini twrp. And after flashong Rom you have to flash no-verity Zip. After that you Will get your storage decrypted.
    And remember, after flashong Rom ALWAYS flash no-verity to keep storage decrypted.