• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][sagit] TWRP 3.1.1-0 for Xiaomi Mi6

Search This thread

geraeick

Feb 17, 2018
Are you running an Oreo rom

Yes, I am running on Oreo (Android 8.0.0)

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

I downloaded the TWRP, now I can get to the file. I am trying to update to "" xiaomi.eu_multi_MI6_V9.2.4.0.NCACNEK_v9-7.1" but it gives an error "encription was interrupted and cant complete. As a result, the data on the pone is no longer accessable. " Reset phone. When I press reset it again comes in the "old" TWRP.

What is going wrong?

littleantony

Apr 7, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11
Yes, I am running on Oreo (Android 8.0.0)

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

I downloaded the TWRP, now I can get to the file. I am trying to update to "" xiaomi.eu_multi_MI6_V9.2.4.0.NCACNEK_v9-7.1" but it gives an error "encription was interrupted and cant complete. As a result, the data on the pone is no longer accessable. " Reset phone. When I press reset it again comes in the "old" TWRP.

What is going wrong?
Press wipe, then format data then type yes to confirm. Then flash the ROM with the new recovery.

Reactions: geraeick

nonkapa

Feb 28, 2018
rom booting problem

Hello I have a Mi6. I got it from china with a chinise rom and wanted to ghange it to a global one.I downloaed xiaomitool and started.When I was asked to select a rom I selected the global stable ona bbut when it started downloading and installing it it started downloading and installing the global developer one(I 100% press the global stable one).I let it download and install it and whem it finished I booted up the phone and got asked to to select language. After that The phone started a loop of rebooting and taking to the just a sec screen of android. After a while i stop and got me in the lock screen. I swiped up and got asked to put my pin of sim card(when i didnt have the sim card in it was looping endlessly).After putting the pin it started looping again. can somebody help?

mali301262

Apr 26, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 5
Xiaomi Mi 6
Hello I have a Mi6. I got it from china with a chinise rom and wanted to ghange it to a global one.I downloaed xiaomitool and started.When I was asked to select a rom I selected the global stable ona bbut when it started downloading and installing it it started downloading and installing the global developer one(I 100% press the global stable one).I let it download and install it and whem it finished I booted up the phone and got asked to to select language. After that The phone started a loop of rebooting and taking to the just a sec screen of android. After a while i stop and got me in the lock screen. I swiped up and got asked to put my pin of sim card(when i didnt have the sim card in it was looping endlessly).After putting the pin it started looping again. can somebody help?

Look the tutorials by trading shenzhen (google it - maybe you will try an installation with fastboot) and try twrp 3.2.1.0 for mi6 for installing oreo (search xda)

Last edited:

Shugui

Mar 14, 2011
Hi! Im having problems with OTG . Usb_otg is "unable to mount".

Extract of Logfile:
Code:
/usb-otg | | Size: 0MB Used: 0MB Free: 0MB Backup Size: 0MB
Flags: Can_Be_Mounted Can_Be_Wiped Wipe_Available_in_GUI Removable Is_Storage 
Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/sdg1
Alternate_Block_Device: /dev/block/sdg
Display_Name: USB-OTG
Storage_Name: USB-OTG
Backup_Path: /usb-otg
Backup_Name: usb-otg
Backup_Display_Name: USB-OTG
Storage_Path: /usb-otg
Current_File_System: vfat
Fstab_File_System: vfat
Backup_Method: files
MTP_Storage_ID: 65538

Code:
 cat /proc/partitions

Shows all sdx folders but sdg its not in there. So, my question is: /usb_otg entry is correct?

Can someone with xiaomi mi6 and otg working post his log? Or help me with this, im stuck in recovery :eek:

I have already open a post with more info.

FILDKOPPER

Nov 1, 2018
TWRP-3.2.1-1227 for Mi6 --by wzsx150.img

Hi,
Can you help mi to find this version of recovery app. - TWRP-3.2.1-1227 for Mi6 --by wzsx150.img?
In my Xiaomi Mi6, I have installed the TWRP 3.2.2.0.
This TWRP haven't option "Select Partition to Wipe === PERSIST", that is why I need TWRP-3.2.1-1227 for Mi6 --by wzsx150.img to download.
I would be appreciate for your prompt reply.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg=w300

TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit)

Hi guys,

I made the TWRP from TeamWin official sources for our Xiaomi Mi6 (sagit). You can download the img and flash it from fastboot.

Bootloader unlocked required!

Installation:
    • Unlock bootloader (skip if you have already unlocked it)
    • Reboot Mi6 into fastboot mode
    • Flash using
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1.0-sagit-v2.img
    • Reboot

Download:

Bugs:
    • When device is encrypted you can't see the files into recovery, ADB and MTP
    • Let me know if there are others

Source code:
    TWRP v2 for sagit released!

Changelog:
    • Fix MTP and ADB

Download:
    By unlocking the bootloader I have done a factory reset why isnt it gone? isn't it possible to have encryption and twrp running together without this problem?

Then wipe data?For twpr that does not stay installed?

It is possible, but Xiaomi for Mi6 uses FBE encryption. Actually a few devices have it. I'm working on a fix that will be released soon. :D
    For now you have to "wipe"-> press "format data" button to use internal storage from recovery, so data and sdcard will be decrypted (and wiped).
    To decrypt storage just format data ini twrp. And after flashong Rom you have to flash no-verity Zip. After that you Will get your storage decrypted.
    And remember, after flashong Rom ALWAYS flash no-verity to keep storage decrypted.