[RECOVERY][SCORPIO] TWRP 3.2.1-0 v2 Touch Recovery for Mi Note 2 [26.02.2018]

Search This thread

Psy_Man

Feb 20, 2014
Angri (SA)
3eABvds.jpg

TEAM WIN
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD
TWRP 3.2.1-0 v2

CHANGELOG
TWRP Changelog

INSTRUCTIONS

From fastboot:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery filename.img

From TWRP:
- Install>Flash Image>"Select the recovery to flash">Swipe To flash>Reboot Recovery

NOTE: If the recovery asks you for a password, you have to erase the /data partition. So press "Cancel" and then Wipe>Format Data>"yes" to fully decrypt your phone. Note that a decrypted phone will boot more faster and will improve the FS speed.
THIS WILL ERASE YOUR INTERNAL STORAGE

F.A.Q
Q: Can i flash MIUI ROMS with this recovery?
A: Yes, you can. If you flash an official MIUI ROM, you have to flash Magisk or Boot Image Patcher too, to disable the dm-verity and forced encryption.

Q: Can i flash custom ROMS with this recovery?
A: Yes, you can. This recovery is Oreo ready too.

Source Code: GitHub

Last edited:

jorvacf

Jan 31, 2010
Guadalajara
I'm having problems flashing official roms trought recovery, I don't know why. It seems to flashing ok but when the phone reboots it doesn't loads it got stucks at MI logo and nothing happens. Does anybody has this problem?

Reactions: dglingos

alexmanu1

Feb 9, 2016
Constanta
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I'm having problems flashing official roms trought recovery, I don't know why. It seems to flashing ok but when the phone reboots it doesn't loads it got stucks at MI logo and nothing happens. Does anybody has this problem?

As i know , PsyMan said in the thread that when you install the official rom you need to flash either Magisk either Boot Image Patcher for it to boot.

Reactions: jorvacf

niczob

May 2, 2011
Paris
Hi, this twrp version asks for a password (for decrypt purpose) ; why ? There was no password prompted in 3.1.0.0 .. My Mi Note 2 is not encrypted and obviously I don't want to format /data.

alexmanu1

Feb 9, 2016
Constanta
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Hi, this twrp version asks for a password (for decrypt purpose) ; why ? There was no password prompted in 3.1.0.0 .. My Mi Note 2 is not encrypted and obviously I don't want to format /data.

Then flash 3.1.1 again and problem solved. Also , your data is password protected and everytime you start your rom it has to take some time to "unlock" your data partition. This way , if you format woth the new twrp, you will have a great increase in bootup speed.

jorvacf

Jan 31, 2010
Guadalajara
As i know , PsyMan said in the thread that when you install the official rom you need to flash either Magisk either Boot Image Patcher for it to boot.

Let me see if I understand, I need to flash magisk and also boot imagen patcher? Where can I get this last one (boot imagen patcher) and it has to be done after flashing the ROM without restarting it?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3eABvds.jpg

TEAM WIN
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD
    TWRP 3.2.1-0 v2

CHANGELOG
    TWRP Changelog

INSTRUCTIONS

From fastboot:
    Code:

From TWRP:
    - Install>Flash Image>"Select the recovery to flash">Swipe To flash>Reboot Recovery

NOTE: If the recovery asks you for a password, you have to erase the /data partition. So press "Cancel" and then Wipe>Format Data>"yes" to fully decrypt your phone. Note that a decrypted phone will boot more faster and will improve the FS speed.

F.A.Q
    A: Yes, you can. If you flash an official MIUI ROM, you have to flash Magisk or Boot Image Patcher too, to disable the dm-verity and forced encryption.

TWRP 3.2.1-0 v2 [26.02.2018]

- Allow /vendor partition to be wiped
    - Added persist entry to fstab

Download 3.2.1-0 v2
    latest update of the recovery TWRP 3.2.1-0 scorpio working perfecty even not asking for password, seems thats fixed and some other stuff 2, downloaded it here https://dl.twrp.me/scorpio/ thx joe2k01 for info
    Do i need to format it in order to decrypt?

Yes! Backup your data first!
    3eABvds.jpg

TEAM WIN

DOWNLOAD
    TWRP 3.2.1-0 v2

CHANGELOG
    TWRP Changelog

INSTRUCTIONS

From fastboot:
    Code:

From TWRP:

F.A.Q

Thank you very much, i already think that my scorpio was dead cuz i cant install any roms after installing android v8, i didnt know that twrp need updates too, thanks man... you're an angel XD