[Recovery][SM-E500F/M][QCOM][5.1.1] TWRP For Samsung Galaxy E5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jackeagle

Forum Moderator- Rec Dev - Dev Relations.
Staff member
  • Apr 11, 2013
    XDA
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Warning
    This recovery will TRIP your Knox Counter and your warranty will be void.
    This recovery is only for Samsung Galaxy E500F/M Qualcomm Snapdragon variant running 5.1.1 (lollipop).

Tested Safely on following devices.

• Samsung Galaxy E500F
    • Samsung Galaxy E500M

Why TWRP ? Why not some rooted firmware which keeps warranty safe ?
    TWRP is a custom recovery. It has many more functionality than stock recovery! if something goes wrong while flashing something you can always make a backup use this recovery which can be restored when things get messed. if mess is of large extend you can always flash stock firmware.

Instructions
    Follow the instructions carefully.

Step 1 :

• Install Samsung Drivers and connect your device to PC. let it install drivers and if its updating let it update. your device drivers should be perfectly installed without a single failure.
    • Link to Samsung Drivers

Step 2 :

• Download Odin 3 you can use 3.07 or 3.09
    • You can download Odin from here
    • Download the TWRP Recovery

Step 3:

• Turn of your device and go to odin mode [ Vol down + power + home button (all at the same time) ] release it when you see Galaxy E5 Logo
    • Press vol up to confirm

Step 4:

• Now that you are in Odin Mode connect your device via USB cable.
    • Now open Odin3 3.09 or 3.07 that you have downloaded.
    • If there is a pop-up like Installing ADB drivers let it get finished it usually updates.
    • Make sure the COM : xx (xx is usb port number it can be any number so dont worry about it,just verify COM is lit up)
    • Now select AP and browse to where you have .tar file and select it
    • Make Sure only Default Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is ticked and nothing.verify twice only these 2 are ticked.
      Untick Auto Reboot if you are installing recovery for first time!
    • Click Start and wait for the process to end. DO NOT Interrupt during this time.
    • Once it says PASS. BOOT INTO RECOVERY USING VOL UP + HOME + POWER BUTTON.
    • Done.
    Credits:

• TWRP Team for their awesome recovery.
    • Dario (For testing it on Samsung Galaxy E500M)

Last edited:
    Reactions: moaud

zurn45

Apr 3, 2012
    Knoxville
    sm-s978l 5.0.2

i have the e5 for straight talk with android 5.0.2 and only root i can get to work is dang kingroot and cant get TWRP to flash...Odin goes through all the steps then ends in a FAIL everytime....any1 got any ideas for a custom recovery?....I do like TWRP but I'd settle for anything that can produce a nandroid

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Code:
      #include 
      /*
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
       * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
       * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
       * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
       * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
       */
      Warning
      This recovery will TRIP your Knox Counter and your warranty will be void.
      This recovery is only for Samsung Galaxy E500F/M Qualcomm Snapdragon variant running 5.1.1 (lollipop).

Tested Safely on following devices.

• Samsung Galaxy E500F
      • Samsung Galaxy E500M

Why TWRP ? Why not some rooted firmware which keeps warranty safe ?
      TWRP is a custom recovery. It has many more functionality than stock recovery! if something goes wrong while flashing something you can always make a backup use this recovery which can be restored when things get messed. if mess is of large extend you can always flash stock firmware.

Instructions
      Follow the instructions carefully.

Step 1 :

• Install Samsung Drivers and connect your device to PC. let it install drivers and if its updating let it update. your device drivers should be perfectly installed without a single failure.
      • Link to Samsung Drivers

Step 2 :

• Download Odin 3 you can use 3.07 or 3.09
      • You can download Odin from here
      • Download the TWRP Recovery

Step 3:

• Turn of your device and go to odin mode [ Vol down + power + home button (all at the same time) ] release it when you see Galaxy E5 Logo
      • Press vol up to confirm

Step 4:

• Now that you are in Odin Mode connect your device via USB cable.
      • Now open Odin3 3.09 or 3.07 that you have downloaded.
      • If there is a pop-up like Installing ADB drivers let it get finished it usually updates.
      • Make sure the COM : xx (xx is usb port number it can be any number so dont worry about it,just verify COM is lit up)
      • Now select AP and browse to where you have .tar file and select it
      • Make Sure only Default Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is ticked and nothing.verify twice only these 2 are ticked.
        Untick Auto Reboot if you are installing recovery for first time!
      • Click Start and wait for the process to end. DO NOT Interrupt during this time.
      • Once it says PASS. BOOT INTO RECOVERY USING VOL UP + HOME + POWER BUTTON.
      • Done.
      Credits:

• TWRP Team for their awesome recovery.
      • Dario (For testing it on Samsung Galaxy E500M)