[Recovery][SM-E500H/M][QCOM][5.1.1] TWRP For Galaxy E5

Search This thread

Zaionakoh

Aug 18, 2016
Md5 hash value is invalid

Hi there.
Im trying to root my samsung SM500H/DS but everytime i apload the md5, its always invalid. i try few downloads of the file and version of ODIN, still the same.
I also tried to flash CF-AUTO-ROOT, also invalid.

Reactions: Kuddus khan

afrooz_cool

Jan 1, 2012
New build is UP!
KINDLY DO NOT FLASH SUPERSU IT WILL BOOTLOOP DEVICE!

Hi Mr jackeagle
I wanna install cm13 in my E500H Device and my android ver is 5.1.1 official stock rom , i`ve been downloaded galaxy drivers , Gapps and TWRP recovery from This link that u created in post ( last versions )
but someone have problems like as bootloop . am i should root my device by downloading mode first? and upload "CF-Auto-Root-e53g-e53gxx-sme500h.tar.md5" ? or first boot my device in odin mode and upload twrp "recovery.tar" ? i dont want my phone brick. chainfire said if ur bootloader is closed dont flash by auto root because its enterd in boot loop but my ohone hasnt boot loader options in developers. im confiused . what am i doing step by step that be safe . i need my messages and many apps and data . how can i back it up ? because phone has been reset after root
thanx bro
pleaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaease Help meeeeeeee

anoopc1998

Nov 9, 2016
if you want to root your mobile first you have to download kingroot from uc browser and then install it into your anroid device and finally open it there will an option come root just click on it it will hardly take upto 4-5 minutes and your phone is successfully rooted an notification of successfully root will come on your device. now you can install your custom rom using twrp mod

It will definately work

Rajulverma

Feb 13, 2017
Please some one give me sm-e500h unbrick.img file

HELLO GUYS IM NEW HERE AND IM VERY UPSET FINDING THE UNBRICK.IMG FILE FOR MY SAMSUNG GALAXY E5 (SM-E500H)
IF GUYS ANY ONE GIVE ME THE LINK FOR THAT FILE IT WILL REALLY HELP ME ALOT PLEASE GUYS HELP ME SOME ONE GIVE THAT FILE IF SOME ONE GOT THAT FILE PLEASE MSG ME OR REPLY ME :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

anisursamsung

Sep 4, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Successfull

i rooted my e500h 5.1.1 with chainfire autoroot via odin. then flashed twrp with odin. done. previously i did flash twrp with from deafault recovery from the device itself. it didnt work. if you have gone back to kikat, simply download the latest firmmware and root and flash twrp

hi guys,

has anyone successfully rooted 5.1.1 with this method?

I'm using e500h, followed all the steps and stucked at Samsung logo after installing supersu.zip.

what I did...
1. Upgraded to 5.1.1 via odin using India firmware.
2. Flashed twrp, no problem found.
3. Flashed the latest stable supersu, stucked at Samsung logo.
4. Flashed the lastest beta supersu, same problem.

Even if I installed supersu via Play, it said the phone must be rooted manually first.

Now I'm back to kitkat :(

Any idea guys?

shari147

Jun 4, 2017
reply to all E5 users

hi guys,

has anyone successfully rooted 5.1.1 with this method?

I'm using e500h, followed all the steps and stucked at Samsung logo after installing supersu.zip.

what I did...
1. Upgraded to 5.1.1 via odin using India firmware.
2. Flashed twrp, no problem found.
3. Flashed the latest stable supersu, stucked at Samsung logo.
4. Flashed the lastest beta supersu, same problem.

Even if I installed supersu via Play, it said the phone must be rooted manually first.

Now I'm back to kitkat :(

Any idea guys?

I have rooted my mobile by odin recovery mode autoroot file its successfully done ..but there is one issue i faced that after root when i try to update my supersu ..device automatically unroot ...but i have a solution for this problem .
Just uninstall supersu and install kingoroot in semi rooted device and now root with kingo root it will 100%work and ur device will properly root .
Thank you

islam1710

Aug 18, 2013
trying to flash this but it keeps failing. says custom binary blocked by R/L. what does that mean? what am i doing wrong?

sorry about that...eventually figured it out that R/L is the reactivation lock from the samsung account :) everything is fine now

Last edited:

payamsho

Jan 12, 2017
lineageos for e500h

1.After 24 hours, there was an error in the conversation, and no other voice was exchanged.
2.After the telegram was installed, the phone was restarted.
please guide me.

shantongari

Feb 16, 2013
twrp not show up.

Hi, my device is SM-E500HQ
first i go the phone developer settings and eabled usb debugger . installed samsung drivers to pc, opened phone in download mode connect to pc then opened odin and did the process by the book. All ok then exit odin removed phone from pc. But when i open device in recovery mod just normal recovery mode.
was it necessery root to phone first or enable to bootloader. If it is how can i do that . I am waiting for your help thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Warning
    This recovery will TRIP your Knox Counter and your warranty will be void.
    This recovery is only for Samsung Galaxy E500H Qualcomm Snapdragon variant running 5.1.1 (lollipop).

Tested Safely on following devices.

• Samsung Galaxy E500H
    • Samsung Galaxy E500M

Why TWRP ? Why not some rooted firmware which keeps warranty safe ?
    TWRP is a custom recovery. It has many more functionality than stock recovery! if something goes wrong while flashing something you can always make a backup use this recovery which can be restored when things get messed. if mess is of large extend you can always flash stock firmware.

Instructions
    Follow the instructions carefully.

Step 1 :

• Install Samsung Drivers and connect your device to PC. let it install drivers and if its updating let it update. your device drivers should be perfectly installed without a single failure.
    • Link to Samsung Drivers

Step 2 :

• Download Odin 3 you can use 3.07 or 3.09
    • You can download Odin from here
    • Download the TWRP Recovery

Step 3:

• Turn of your device and go to odin mode [ Vol down + power + home button (all at the same time) ] release it when you see Galaxy E5 Logo
    • Press vol up to confirm

Step 4:

• Now that you are in Odin Mode connect your device via USB cable.
    • Now open Odin3 3.09 or 3.07 that you have downloaded.
    • If there is a pop-up like Installing ADB drivers let it get finished it usually updates.
    • Make sure the COM : xx (xx is usb port number it can be any number so dont worry about it,just verify COM is lit up)
    • Now select AP and browse to where you have .tar file and select it
    • Make Sure only Default Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is ticked and nothing.verify twice only these 2 are ticked.
      Untick Auto Reboot if you are installing recovery for first time!
    • Click Start and wait for the process to end. DO NOT Interrupt during this time.
    • Once it says PASS. BOOT INTO RECOVERY USING VOL UP + HOME + POWER BUTTON.
    • Done.
    Credits:

• TWRP Team for their awesome recovery.
    • Dario (For testing it on Samsung Galaxy E500M)
    • @kevinkoge
    Changelog

May 24, 2016

• Fixed MTP Media Transfer
    • Updated TWRP to latest 3.0.2.0
    • Added EFS Backup Option
    • Fixed TimeSetup

04/02

• Fixed Brightness Issue
    • Merged with latest TWRP Changes (Lollipop)
    • Removed TWRP Inbuilt SU Installation Support (Wont work anymore)
    • Added TWRP Theme Support

10/11

• Fixed Data Partition mount
    • Fixed SD Card detection
    • Fixed MTP
    • Fixed mounts
    New TWRP Recovery build is UP!
    Download Links are in OP.
    Changelog in OP.
    Enjoy!
    This one:
    xposed-v78.0-sdk22-arm-custom-build-by-wanam-20151116

But don't forget to download uninstall zip in case you faced bootloop problem.

Sent from my SM-E500H

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

This is the topic:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3180960

Sent from my SM-E500H