Recovery Software for root content - /data/data after factory reset?

Search This thread

TehEvil

Jul 13, 2016
Hey guys, I've got a problem. I want to restore my com.whatsapp dir in /data/data/, is that possible somehow? Someone had a similar problem back in 2015 and it is said that he could not restore any, but I have software which backed up all videos and photos, but it didn't recover the files I wanted (because you only could choose things like: doc's, pics, movies etc).

Do you guys have an idea, please?
Or do you guys know how to verify whatsapp? I've been using my old number for 5 years now, 2-3 years ago I got a new sim card. Since then, I've always made a backup with titanium or took the backup from whatsapp itself and if you enter ur number and whatsapp recognized a backup, it didn't have to verify anymore. But it's been changed now somehow, they want to verify one's number and then it'll first try backing up (but I do not have that sim anymore). And unfortunately, titanium backup made a corrupt file exactly with the whatsapp file <_<

Thanks in Advance!

prahladyeri

Jun 2, 2013
India
prahladyeri.github.io
WhatsApp doesn't store your media (received images, videos, chat messages, etc.) in the com.whatsapp folder in /data/data, but it stores it in your internal sdcard itself in a folder named WhatsApp. Take that folder with you and put it in the new phone/tablet where you want to continue your WhatsApp usage.

Verification is straight-forward. All you have to do is do a fresh install of WhatsApp on this new phone/tab of yours and start it. If you had placed this backed-up WhatsApp folder on the internal sdcard of the new device, WhatsApp will ask you and automatically import this media on your new device.

Hope that helps.

TehEvil

Jul 13, 2016
Hello, thank you for your help.

As I said, I don't want the media, I want the data of whatsapp. I backed up all the media anyway and the recover programs only recovered the media, but I want to recover the whatsapp data.

"WhatsApp will ask you and automatically import this media on your new device."
That is how it used to be, I think they changed their system. You now first have to verify your number and afterwards, you're importing ur whatsapp backup folder. after verifying to another number (not the one I wanted) my old data has been backuped.

prahladyeri

Jun 2, 2013
India
prahladyeri.github.io
That is how it used to be, I think they changed their system.

In that case, I don't think its going to be easy to retrieve the old chat contents easily unless you have WhatsApp running on your older device. If you have it running on the older device by any chance, you can refer to this manual and create a Chat Backup to your Google Drive, so that later you can restore it from Google Drive on your new phone/tablet. I suppose this is the only way to create WhatsApp chat backups going forward.

TehEvil

Jul 13, 2016
Well, I flashed another rom, so I don't got any possibility to return to that version. That's why I ask for an recovery software which also can recover root files. I didn't think it would be so hard to find, because there are some which recovery plenty of other files, I just needed one which includes /data/data folder AND any files, no matter which ending they have (like *.*, where * is a wildcard for any matches), so I hoped someone of you would know any software?

prahladyeri

Jun 2, 2013
India
prahladyeri.github.io
I just needed one which includes /data/data folder AND any files, no matter which ending they have (like *.*, where * is a wildcard for any matches), so I hoped someone of you would know any software?

What software did you originally use to take the backup? If it was Titanuium Backup, then what went wrong while restoration?

In case you have the actual file system backup of /data/data/com.whatsapp, you can directly try pasting that folder in the new setup using Root Explorer (or similar app) and see whether it works. But of course, you'll need to be rooted on your new setup.

Reactions: TehEvil

tiger1487

Oct 11, 2015
Hey guys, I've got a problem. I want to restore my com.whatsapp dir in /data/data/, is that possible somehow? Someone had a similar problem back in 2015 and it is said that he could not restore any, but I have software which backed up all videos and photos, but it didn't recover the files I wanted (because you only could choose things like: doc's, pics, movies etc).

Or do you guys know how to verify whatsapp? I've been using my old number for 5 years now, 2-3 years ago I got a new sim card. Since then, I've always made a backup with titanium or took the backup from whatsapp itself and if you enter ur number and whatsapp recognized a backup, it didn't have to verify anymore. But it's been changed now somehow, they want to verify one's number and then it'll first try backing up (but I do not have that sim anymore). And unfortunately, titanium backup made a corrupt file exactly with the whatsapp file <_<

Thanks in Advance!
[ROOT NEEDED]
Maybe GT recovery is the app you are looking for. Basically this app recovers your lost data even after a hard reset by exploiting some resources in the root directory. By this app you can recover the whole folder of your WhatsApp. Just type in the full directory path in the app.
May this help you.

TehEvil

Jul 13, 2016
Unfortunately, the exactly the whatsapp backup is a corrupted .rar file, only has 0.0 kb data... @tiger1487 I got root on my phone, but the problem with GT recovery is, that you need the paid version for using it. But tbh, I'm not willing to pay 15e to try if it eventually could recover my needed data, so I'd ask you, if you know another software which is similar to this one? I can't search for one unfortunately, because if you google for it, you just get some to backup a factory image via cwm or twrp or something :x

tiger1487

Oct 11, 2015
Unfortunately, the exactly the whatsapp backup is a corrupted .rar file, only has 0.0 kb data... @tiger1487 I got root on my phone, but the problem with GT recovery is, that you need the paid version for using it. But tbh, I'm not willing to pay 15e to try if it eventually could recover my needed data, so I'd ask you, if you know another software which is similar to this one? I can't search for one unfortunately, because if you google for it, you just get some to backup a factory image via cwm or twrp or something :x
I am a new member so i cant send you the link of the all free GT recovery but i can tell you that just type 'GT recovery cracked' in the google search engine. You will get it for free[Tip: If you type 'cracked' in front of any app name on google search, you will get it for free, just look for some trusted website like 'onhax' or 'okhax' or 'crackedapkfull']

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

And I forgot to tell that GT recovery is now more updated. Now there is no need to type in the exact path. There is a direct option for Recover WhatsApp. Likewise there are other options too for messenger, call logs, etc if you need it?

TehEvil

Jul 13, 2016
Oh, you were talking of the app, thought of the windows software. The app itself is free, isn't it? I tried the app, it stucks at 0% scanning and I don't think it'll work. Tried different apps, it seems they're only looking for sdcard/whatsapp/database instead of data/data/com.whatsapp so it would be awesome if I could set a path :p

Thank you very much for your help.

tiger1487

Oct 11, 2015
Oh, you were talking of the app, thought of the windows software. The app itself is free, isn't it? I tried the app, it stucks at 0% scanning and I don't think it'll work. Tried different apps, it seems they're only looking for sdcard/whatsapp/database instead of data/data/com.whatsapp so it would be awesome if I could set a path[emoji14]
Thank you very much for your help.
Yes its free...windows version is paid but my app doesn't stuck. Mine one is working perfectly. See that you try some other older versions of the app too. Maybe you downloaded the version that stucks at 0% or something like that.

TehEvil

Jul 13, 2016
Yes its free...windows version is paid but my app doesn't stuck. Mine one is working perfectly. See that you try some other older versions of the app too. Maybe you downloaded the version that stucks at 0% or something like that.

Sorry for answering late :x
Okay, it seems that my root was broken somehow, but now as it works, the program tells me I am not rooted (now I am for sure!) and wants me to download Kingo root or something. But anyway, I had GBWhatsapp installed on my phone, so I think the app won't help me because it would search for com.whatsapp instead of com.gbwhatsapp (could that be possible?)

I found the app Undeleter, this has some more path search options but unfortunately not one where I can specify my desired path. So, I hope you got one last idea? :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just needed one which includes /data/data folder AND any files, no matter which ending they have (like *.*, where * is a wildcard for any matches), so I hoped someone of you would know any software?

What software did you originally use to take the backup? If it was Titanuium Backup, then what went wrong while restoration?

In case you have the actual file system backup of /data/data/com.whatsapp, you can directly try pasting that folder in the new setup using Root Explorer (or similar app) and see whether it works. But of course, you'll need to be rooted on your new setup.

Thanks in Advance!
    [ROOT NEEDED]
    Maybe GT recovery is the app you are looking for. Basically this app recovers your lost data even after a hard reset by exploiting some resources in the root directory. By this app you can recover the whole folder of your WhatsApp. Just type in the full directory path in the app.
    May this help you.
    I am a new member so i cant send you the link of the all free GT recovery but i can tell you that just type 'GT recovery cracked' in the google search engine. You will get it for free[Tip: If you type 'cracked' in front of any app name on google search, you will get it for free, just look for some trusted website like 'onhax' or 'okhax' or 'crackedapkfull']

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

And I forgot to tell that GT recovery is now more updated. Now there is no need to type in the exact path. There is a direct option for Recover WhatsApp. Likewise there are other options too for messenger, call logs, etc if you need it?