• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[Recovery][Stock OOS 10.0.3BA]Oxygen OS Stock recovery with ADB enabled

slapman

Sep 20, 2011
Temple Terrace
You need to change to that directory with "cd data/adb/modules".

Sent from my OnePlus7TPro using XDA Labs
Hi, thanks for the quick response. I apologize for being such a pain but for the life of me I can't get results. I booted into recovery then in cmd prompt adb shell typed cd data/adb/ modules and nothing blank. It went back to the main directory I had to reboot to take picture of CMD prompt. Am I still missing something? :confused:

Attachments

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
Hi, thanks for the quick response. I apologize for being such a pain but for the life of me I can't get results. I booted into recovery then in cmd prompt adb shell typed cd data/adb/ modules and nothing blank. It went back to the main directory I had to reboot to take picture of CMD prompt. Am I still missing something? :confused:
"adb shell"
"cd data/adb/modules"
"ls"
I'm not completely sure what you mean but try these in order.

Reactions: slapman

bimdait

Mar 3, 2013
hello sir

While waiting for a working TWRP for all those needful of the possibility to access their file system from recovery, e.g. for removing an offensive magisk extension preventing boot I repackaged the Stock OOS recovery from the 10.0.1BA package but with ADB enabled.

Prerequisites:
  • Oneplus 7T Pro :)
  • unlocked bootloader
  • access to fastboot on the phone
  • adb and fastboot

Installation:
Reboot the phone to fastboot, then flash the recovery from fastboot with the command
Code:
fastboot flash recovery <recovery_filename.img>
(when taking the file as downloaded the filename is "OP7TP_StockRecovery_ADB_nosec.img")

Uninstall:
Same as installation, but flash the original stock recovery instead.

Usage:
Boot up recovery, enter encryption key if file system is encrypted. Then connect the phone to PC and you are ready to go with adb. E.g. by using
Code:
adb shell
to open a shell and access the file system. Magisk modules are located in /data/adb/modules, deleting the corresponding directory there will remove the module in question.

Downloads:

10.0.3 Firmware
  • Modified 10.0.3 recovery from GDrive
  • Original 10.0.3 stock recovery from Gdrive
10.0.4 Firmware
  • Modified 10.0.4 recovery from GDrive
  • Original 10.0.4 stock recovery from Gdrive

Notes of caution:
  • ADB security is disabled as I could not get the recovery to allow for authorizing a connected computer. As a consequence any computer connected is automatically authorized in ADB, although with encrypted filesystem at least no data is accessible without the key.
  • with direct ADB access to your file system you can easily wreck you phone requiring a factory reset or even reinstallation of the OS from fastboot - please be careful on what you are doing ;)

Credits: Thanks to osm0sis for Android kitchen and all great developers for the Oneplus devices, specifically mauronofrio for his TWRP efforts.
hello is this okay to use in 10.0.4 HD01AA?

slapman

Sep 20, 2011
Temple Terrace
"adb shell"
"cd data/adb/modules"
"ls"
I'm not completely sure what you mean but try these in order.

Ok, I put in the commands in the order you indicated but how do I delete the module that I need to remove?, It just shows as in the picture, there's no option to do anything please forgive my noobiness, but I tried to do research before annoying the crap out you guys the developers but all information available is removing Magisk modules with TWRP. My phone is functioning fine I just wanted to see the process I found on the thread to install viper4android but I dont want to be in a bootloop and then have to setup the phone from scratch for the 12th time. I really hope TWRP will be available soon, I read that the developer is very busy in his personal life and android 10 has other factors but hopefully it will be available.. I really am thankful for you guys to make it possible to customiza our phones.

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
Ok, I put in the commands in the order you indicated but how do I delete the module that I need to remove?, It just shows as in the picture, there's no option to do anything please forgive my noobiness, but I tried to do research before annoying the crap out you guys the developers but all information available is removing Magisk modules with TWRP. My phone is functioning fine I just wanted to see the process I found on the thread to install viper4android but I dont want to be in a bootloop and then have to setup the phone from scratch for the 12th time. I really hope TWRP will be available soon, I read that the developer is very busy in his personal life and android 10 has other factors but hopefully it will be available.. I really am thankful for you guys to make it possible to customiza our phones.
The "ls" command just shows which folders/files in in the current directory.
To remove module type "rm -rf folderName"

If you want viper working, follow this guide.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/7t-pro/themes/installing-viper4android-t4001045

digitalashley

Jun 8, 2011
thank you for the help.
with these two img files they dont seem to boot for me.
i have only tried via adb 'fastboot boot recovery "mod_recovery.img"
adb sends img and finishes then the device only show a fastboot image on screen with the mod version and the stock version goes to a black screen with nothing happening.
am i being silly/missing something here?

forget what i said above.
i ended up flashing the file and no issues.
thank you :)

Last edited:

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
thank you for the help.
with these two img files they dont seem to boot for me.
i have only tried via adb 'fastboot boot recovery "mod_recovery.img"
adb sends img and finishes then the device only show a fastboot image on screen with the mod version and the stock version goes to a black screen with nothing happening.
am i being silly/missing something here?

forget what i said above.
i ended up flashing the file and no issues.
thank you :)
You can't boot stock recoveries, only flash them.

Reactions: digitalashley

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
Does this phone have a dedicated recovery that can be preserved? I thought newer phones had the recovery inside the boot ramdisk or something. If it's like my old OPO (even if A/B), that's awesome.

toolhas4degrees

Does this phone have a dedicated recovery that can be preserved? I thought newer phones had the recovery inside the boot ramdisk or something. If it's like my old OPO (even if A/B), that's awesome.
This phone is in boot, but twrp has to be revamped for and 10 super partion and mount points also some partions are read only which is going to take awhile for them to update twrp to work check out twrp website under Android 10

Reactions: jotha.dx
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone