[Recovery][Stock OOS 10.0.3BA]Oxygen OS Stock recovery with ADB enabled

Search This thread

Calvin1997

Jan 21, 2016
Gelsenkirchen
Hello there guys, I need your help.

I messed up my 7T Pro (non 5G) and now it’s in bootloop. I know which module needs to be removed but I need the correct recovery for the 10.0.9BA firmware. I tried an older one which is basically working but it’s not asking for my Passwort for decryption so I can’t access the files via adb.

Can someone help me out and provide the correct recovery with adb enabled? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Calvin

knpk13

Dec 11, 2015
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
I messed up my 7T Pro (non 5G) and now it’s in bootloop. I know which module needs to be removed but I need the correct recovery for the 10.0.9BA firmware. I tried an older one which is basically working but it’s not asking for my Passwort for decryption so I can’t access the files via adb.

Can someone help me out and provide the correct recovery with adb enabled? Any help is appreciated!

I don't have the recovery for that firmware, but you can always flash your stock boot.img from fastboot to remove magisk so your modules are not loaded. That way your device can boot at the very least, and you can troubleshoot from there.

Calvin1997

Jan 21, 2016
Gelsenkirchen
I don't have the recovery for that firmware, but you can always flash your stock boot.img from fastboot to remove magisk so your modules are not loaded. That way your device can boot at the very least, and you can troubleshoot from there.

I thought of that too, but how can I get the stock boot.img when I’m rooted? AFAIK the boot.img gets patched when installing magisk. So pulling my current boot.img wouldn’t change anything. Can you help me out? Or can you provide me a boot img? I already searched the web but I haven’t found anything

knpk13

Dec 11, 2015
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
I thought of that too, but how can I get the stock boot.img when I’m rooted? AFAIK the boot.img gets patched when installing magisk. So pulling my current boot.img wouldn’t change anything. Can you help me out? Or can you provide me a boot img? I already searched the web but I haven’t found anything

I don't have the same firmware as you (different region) so I'd recommend downloading the stock ROM from XDA or the OnePlus website and extracting the boot.img from it. It should have the stock recovery.img that you originally asked for as well, but you'll have to figure out how to patch it with Android Kitchen, because I used osm0sis's AK3 zip to patch it. Or you can try asking in the stock ROM thread here, maybe someone with the same firmware can help:

https://xdaforums.com/7t-pro/how-to/oneplus-7t-pro-repo-oxygen-os-builds-t4003455

Don't forget to keep a backup of the stock boot.img for cases like these. Alternatively, you could try fastboot booting TWRP and flashing the magisk uninstaller from there.

Edit: iirc, there should be a command you can execute in recovery even if it doesn't decrypt, that should let you disable modules temporarily, like a safe mode. I'd check the magisk thread/wiki for the exact commands.

Last edited:

monicaONxda

Aug 16, 2020
I suppose this "adb stock recovery " is not working on a samsung galaxy note 10!?

Do you know if there is a similar version for these models?

Generally: if you flash a new recovery in Android 10 (A/B partitions), don't you overwrite Magisk which is also on the recovery?

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
OnePlus 7T Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I suppose this "adb stock recovery " is not working on a samsung galaxy note 10!?

Do you know if there is a similar version for these models?

Generally: if you flash a new recovery in Android 10 (A/B partitions), don't you overwrite Magisk which is also on the recovery?
The reason why this works is because oneplus implemented a separate recovery partition, so this does not mess with the boot image or magisk in this case.

Gruber008

Jul 17, 2011
Split
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if this works for 10.0.10 since I have a device that ended up in a bootloop? Thanks in advance!

---

Edit: I just made adb recovery out of dev's instructions, thanks a lot.

Last edited:

myxdad

Dec 24, 2020
Hey I installed this on my 10.0.39 and my phone still can't connect to ADB in recovery.

After flashing this shouldn't I be able to do:
Code:
adb devices
and find the phone?

ADB works fine if I boot the phone normally, and fastboot works in both bootloader and recovery fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While waiting for a working TWRP for all those needful of the possibility to access their file system from recovery, e.g. for removing an offensive magisk extension preventing boot I repackaged the Stock OOS recovery from the 10.0.1BA package but with ADB enabled.

Prerequisites:
    • Oneplus 7T Pro :)
    • unlocked bootloader
    • access to fastboot on the phone
    • adb and fastboot

Installation:
    Reboot the phone to fastboot, then flash the recovery from fastboot with the command
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery
    (when taking the file as downloaded the filename is "OP7TP_StockRecovery_ADB_nosec.img")

Uninstall:
    Same as installation, but flash the original stock recovery instead.

Usage:
    Boot up recovery, enter encryption key if file system is encrypted. Then connect the phone to PC and you are ready to go with adb. E.g. by using
    Code:
    adb shell
    to open a shell and access the file system. Magisk modules are located in /data/adb/modules, deleting the corresponding directory there will remove the module in question.

Downloads:

10.0.3BA Recovery
    • Modified 10.0.3BA recovery from GDrive
    • Original 10.0.3BA stock recovery from Gdrive
    10.0.4BA Recovery
    • Modified 10.0.4BA recovery from GDrive
    • Original 10.0.4BA stock recovery from Gdrive
    10.0.7BA Recovery
    • Modified 10.0.7BA recovery from GDrive
    • Original 10.0.7BA stock recovery from Gdrive
    Open Beta 1 Recovery
    • Modified OB1 recovery from GDrive
    Open Beta 2 Recovery
    • Modified OB2 recovery from GDrive

Notes of caution:
    • ADB security is disabled as I could not get the recovery to allow for authorizing a connected computer. As a consequence any computer connected is automatically authorized in ADB, although with encrypted filesystem at least no data is accessible without the key.
    • with direct ADB access to your file system you can easily wreck you phone requiring a factory reset or even reinstallation of the OS from fastboot - please be careful on what you are doing ;)

Credits: Thanks to osm0sis for Android kitchen and all great developers for the Oneplus devices, specifically mauronofrio for his TWRP efforts.
    Just curious, do you have a guide on how to this yourself?
    It's actually pretty easy and this would most probably also work for the 7T...

Prerequisites:
    • Android Image Kitchen (credit to osm0sis for providing this tool)
    • the original recovery image file (henceforth called "recovery.img"). You can extract this yourself from an update zip file by unpacking "payload.bin" and then use a tool like payload_dumper (credit to vm03 for providing this) to extract the recovery.img file

Now do the following:
    1. unpack image with Image Kitchen --> this will create a "ramdisk" and a "Split_img" directory with the unpacked content within
    2. navigate into the "ramdisk" folder and use a text editor (on windows preferably Notepad++) to edit the file "prop.default"
    3. look for entry "ro.adb.secure" and change entry value from "1" to "0". Note this entry can occur multiple times (I noticed twice), change each --> this will prevent adb from asking for authorization (the recovery does not provide such a dialogue)
    4. look for entry "ro.debuggable" and change this from "0" to "1" --> this actually enables adb
    5. look for entry "ro.secure" and change this from "1" to "0" --> may be unnecessary but I wanted to avoid brick in case a modified recovery would result in such a behaviour :)
    6. save textfile
    7. repack the image with Android Image Kitchen and voila:
    8. you have a new modified recovery image you can flash
    can you please share the tutorial for how to patch the recovery to be adb enabled? if this is easy for normal users

thanks in advance
    https://xdaforums.com/7t-pro/development/recovery-oxygen-os-stock-recovery-adb-t3991865/post80866897

Sent from my OnePlus7TPro using XDA Labs