• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][T713] TWRP 3.3.0-0 Touch Recovery [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD: https://dl.twrp.me/gts28vewifi

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log and then I'll report to Dess_Troy. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM Dees_Troy directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY][T713] TWRP 3.3.0-0 Touch Recovery [OFFICIAL], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
LuK1337, luca020400, Olivier
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2017-01-27
Last Updated 2019-04-15

radiocarbon

May 17, 2017
Ever since TWRP 3.1.0-0 twrp can no longer read my encrypted data partition probably due to commit f628cbfc5e77a3a358c95ef7f1e47bbb1505b9d0 on the TeamWin github for the gts28vewifi (I can't post the direct link because my account is too new).

Is there any reason the encryption blobs were swapped out and how would I go about getting twrp to read my encrypted data partition again. I've already tried wiping everything, reflashing and reencrypting but it didn't help.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Ever since TWRP 3.1.0-0 twrp can no longer read my encrypted data partition probably due to commit f628cbfc5e77a3a358c95ef7f1e47bbb1505b9d0 on the TeamWin github for the gts28vewifi (I can't post the direct link because my account is too new).

Is there any reason the encryption blobs were swapped out and how would I go about getting twrp to read my encrypted data partition again. I've already tried wiping everything, reflashing and reencrypting but it didn't help.

I am on it.

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013

Actually, I think the issue with decryption is with qcom_common. The following commit is needed (which exists on the android-7.1 branch): https://github.com/TeamWin/android_...mmit/c4dab0d6d73f05b70091761e536b751dc9328f49

Last edited:
Reactions: jhill110

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014

Please try latest ( 3.1.1-1 ) build.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Hello, think I need some help with setting up this particular tab... None of the recovery images listed on the official site (plus the unofficial one here) work properly. Any 3.1.0+ one would say "Failed to mount /data (invalid arguments)" and not show me my internal storage and data (shows /system and SD card alright though), and lower version ones would just boot to TWRP splash screen then reboot, without getting to the main menu. I'm running the latest Nougat update (T713XXU2BQD3) if that matters.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Hello, think I need some help with setting up this particular tab... None of the recovery images listed on the official site (plus the unofficial one here) work properly. Any 3.1.0+ one would say "Failed to mount /data (invalid arguments)" and not show me my internal storage and data (shows /system and SD card alright though), and lower version ones would just boot to TWRP splash screen then reboot, without getting to the main menu. I'm running the latest Nougat update (T713XXU2BQD3) if that matters.
You can't mount data if you come from stock. It is encrypted and twrp doesn't support it so you got to format it to ext4 in order to mount it.

Reactions: AndyYan

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
You can't mount data if you come from stock. It is encrypted and twrp doesn't support it so you got to format it to ext4 in order to mount it.

Ugh. It had been a while since I touched any recent Samsung devices, didn't know I had to do extra work around encryption. Used a lot of other devices but TWRP handles all of them with a default key, that's why I'm quite baffled why it doesn't here. Thanks for the quick save though.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Ugh. It had been a while since I touched any recent Samsung devices, didn't know I had to do extra work around encryption. Used a lot of other devices but TWRP handles all of them with a default key, that's why I'm quite baffled why it doesn't here. Thanks for the quick save though.
Samsung uses different encryption and we only support AOSP one.

Reactions: AndyYan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD: https://dl.twrp.me/gts28vewifi

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log and then I'll report to Dess_Troy. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM Dees_Troy directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY][T713] TWRP 3.3.0-0 Touch Recovery [OFFICIAL], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400, Olivier
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2017-01-27
    Last Updated 2019-04-15

Actually, I think the issue with decryption is with qcom_common. The following commit is needed (which exists on the android-7.1 branch): https://github.com/TeamWin/android_...mmit/c4dab0d6d73f05b70091761e536b751dc9328f49

It works now, thank you very much.