• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][T813] TWRP 3.3.0-0 Touch Recovery [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD: https://dl.twrp.me/gts210vewifi

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log and then I'll report to Dess_Troy. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM Dees_Troy directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY][T813] TWRP 3.3.0-0 Touch Recovery [OFFICIAL], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
LuK1337, luca020400, Olivier
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2017-01-24
Last Updated 2019-04-15

Lupin The Third

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2011
Planet Earth
Just two things I would like to report:

Brightness level doesn't work. It's always max.

Second, not sure if this is a recovery issue, I made a backup of the stock rom. The rom was pin protected, but after restoring it the pin was not recognized. So I had to reset device in order to use the back up. It erased my sd card too, but I had another external backup up of the data, so it was safe :)

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Just two things I would like to report:

Brightness level doesn't work. It's always max.

Second, not sure if this is a recovery issue, I made a backup of the stock rom. The rom was pin protected, but after restoring it the pin was not recognized. So I had to reset device in order to use the back up. It erased my sd card too, but I had another external backup up of the data, so it was safe :)

>Brightness level doesn't work. It's always max.
I forgot to fix that yesterday, I'll get that sorted out today ~ https://gerrit.twrp.me/#/c/2078

Reactions: madsquabbles

Lupin The Third

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2011
Planet Earth
hmm, maybe I did something stupid here. Flashed the new twrp 3.0.3-2 through twrp and the tablet boots only in twrp now... the only selection I saw on which partition to flash was "boot"... so it boots only in recovery now :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD: https://dl.twrp.me/gts210vewifi

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log and then I'll report to Dess_Troy. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM Dees_Troy directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY][T813] TWRP 3.3.0-0 Touch Recovery [OFFICIAL], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400, Olivier
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2017-01-24
    Last Updated 2019-04-15
    Hello everyone :)

I just finished modifying TWRP from the official device tree. It is now based on Android 9.0, TWRP 3.3.1 and can decrypt (tested with LineageOS 16.0 and f2fs on /data) + some other changes.

For now the only thing I can't get working is restarting in Download mode from the TWRP interface. I haven't tested everything so it may be that there are other errors >>> if you can do tests and get back to me with logs it would be great ;) once I have enough positive feedback I will propose to integrate my changes into the official TWRP device tree.

!!!!! ATTENTION !!! I AM NEW SO THERE ARE RISKS, MAKE BACKUPS OF YOUR DATA BEFORE TESTING (but normally it should be ok...)
    IF YOU ARE NEW WAIT FOR THE STABLE VERSION BEFORE FLASHING !!!!

What's not working :
    • Need test & review : format data, then try encrypt / decrypt, post you ROM, partition data type (ext4 or f2fs), and other information.
    • Need test & review : verify if survival modules are keep after ota update with encryption.

Device tree sources :
    https://github.com/Akipe/android_device_samsung_gts210vewifi
    Thats awesome I will gladly wait until your out of work. I have been looking for another rom to try on this tablet for pie. Just let me know thanks.
    crdroid: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=293541

Same warning as before, it's working seemingly fine on my tablet but who knows, I'm the only user, so you're doing this at your own risk. Make a nandroid backup for sure. Clean flash since it's a new ROM. Backup your internal storage. Be safe. I'm going to make myself updates for the monthly security patches at the very least. Can do weeklies or something if there's interest. Also if I'm allowed to be sharing these, these aren't my device trees or code or anything, I just sync & build.

I'm also working on collecting all (and I mean ALL) the Odin(/Heimdall) firmware files. So far I have all of the latest build from last year, and I'm working on the one that just dropped this year. Nice to have in case of a soft brick:

Nougat

Marshmallow (lower priority unless someone needs something)
    How to Install TWRP, LineageOS 16.0 and Root Samsung Tab S2 9.7 (2016) SM-T813

How to Install TWRP, LineageOS 16.0 and Root Samsung Tab S2 9.7 (2016) SM-T813

Preparation:
    1. Fresh install of Windows 7 x64 with all the correct chipset and other drivers installed. (I tried this in Windows 10 x64 and Centos 8.0 Linux and FWUL Linux v4.0 and all 3 failed for me, so ONLY a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 worked for me).

2. Install Samsung Drivers on the Windows 7 x64 PC (Samsung-Usb-Driver-v1.5.63.0).

3. Download Odin (Odin3 v3.13.1).

4. Copy your LineageOS ROM (lineage-16.0 nightly.zip), TWRP Recovery (twrp-3.3.1-0-gts210vewifi.img.tar and also twrp-3.3.1-BETA07-gts210vewifi.img by Akipe from XDA-Developers) and Magisk (Magisk-v20.1.zip and also MagiskManager-v7.4.0.apk) and GAPPS (MindTheGapps-9.0.0-arm64-20190615_031441.zip) files on a micro SD card.

Actual installation of TWRP, LineageOS 16.0 and Rooting using Magisk:
    1. Connect the USB cable to the PC ONLY first. Then on the tablet go into Download mode by first switching off the tablet, then when off, press Power, Volume UP and Home buttons. Then you will have to press the volume up key to accept the warning. When it says 'Downloading', THEN connect the USB cable into the tablet.

2. Flash TWRP recovery using Odin (Odin3 v3.13.1). Make sure to select 'AP' and choose the TWRP image (twrp-3.3.1-0-gts210vewifi.img.tar), and in options, do NOT select 'Auto Reboot', instead ONLY select 'F.Reset Time' Click on 'Start', to start flashing and read the log until it says 'success'. Once done installing successfully, disconnect the USB cable, DO NOT reboot back into System

3. After TWRP flashing is finished in Odin, DO NOT reboot back into System - Press Power, Volume DOWN and Home buttons, when the screen goes black, then immediately change to Power, Volume UP and Home, then it will go into TWRP Recovery again.

4. Make sure to go to Wipe, Advanced Wipe and wipe ALL partitions (EXCEPT micro SD and USB OTG) for a clean install, but ALSO go back to wipe the '/Data' partition to F2FS by going into 'Advance Wipe' and selecting 'Data', then say 'Change File System', then select F2FS. If you don't format to F2FS, you will keep getting a Failed to mount '/Data' error and the tablet will go into a reboot loop to reset the encryption because it cannot mount '/Data'. This is important.

5. After wiping all the partitions, Reboot back into recovery (DO NOT reboot back into system yet) go back to TWRP home screen and select 'Install' then 'Select Storage' and select the micro SD, then select the other TWRP file by Akipe (twrp-3.3.1-BETA07-gts210vewifi.img) this has some improvements as mentioned earlier in this post by Akipe himself (Thanks Akipe :D). Then again reboot back into recovery (NOT System) and it should be 'twrp-3.3.1-BETA07-Akipe'.

6. When In recovery again select 'Install' then 'Select Storage' and select the micro SD, then select first the 'lineage-16.0 nightly.zip' then add 'Magisk-v20.1.zip' then flash. This should flash successfully, if there are no ERRORS, you can reboot back into the system and continue to set up the tablet. If there are errors about 'Failed to mount '/Data'' then you need to repeat step 4 above making sure 'Data' partition is formatted to F2FS.

7. If LineageOS boots up successfully, Reboot back into recovery and 'Install', 'Select Storage' then select the Gapps file (MindTheGapps-9.0.0-arm64-20190615_031441.zip) and flash it, then reboot back into the System.

8. You should be OK to start using Google Play to install the apps you need. Also while in LineageOS you can access the micro SD and install MagiskManager-v7.4.0.apk and don't forget to install stericsson busybox to xbin (from Google Play)

I Hope that helps someone as I had a lot of frustrations trying to figure this out as nothing was working for me, with all the guides that are on the internet. All the best! :D
    You say that there's a crdroid 5.3 pie for the Samsung Galaxy T813? Could you please point to a link or tell where to find it.
    Built it myself. As far as I know I'm the only one using it, so it's working fine for me but you'll have to use at your own risk. I'll upload and share the link, but might have to wait until after work