[RECOVERY][TB-X606F/TB-X606FA][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.7.x for Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus

Search This thread

Yahoo Mike

Apr 3, 2011
Tamworth
I'm not positive, but i think it's NTFS, as I probably wanted >4GB files at one point.
All the NTFS binaries are included in the build. Double check your SDCard format.

btw, exFAT will also work with >4GB files.

I also don't see the tmp folder at the root of the device.
Make sure you are running twrp.

Not sure if it's related, but the screen keeps shutting off randomly.
There is a screen timeout option in twrp's settings. Disable it.

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
All the NTFS binaries are included in the build. Double check your SDCard format.

btw, exFAT will also work with >4GB files.

Make sure you are running twrp.

There is a screen timeout option in twrp's settings. Disable it.
exfat corrupts. often. I reformatted my sd to NTFS again and still not recognized in TWRP. I also set it up in Android and still nothing.

When I say the screen shuts off randomly, I mean in Android, not TWRP. I literally only use TWRP for flashing, which does me no good if I can't access external SD. But since upgrading to this TWRP version the screen in Android (S300007_2009230219_V9.56_BMP_ROW) shuts off randomly.

I've attached the recovery.log, maybe you can make sense of it?

Attachments

• recovery.log
    27.6 KB · Views: 20

Yahoo Mike

Apr 3, 2011
Tamworth
exfat corrupts. often. I reformatted my sd to NTFS again and still not recognized in TWRP. I also set it up in Android and still nothing.

When I say the screen shuts off randomly, I mean in Android, not TWRP. I literally only use TWRP for flashing, which does me no good if I can't access external SD. But since upgrading to this TWRP version the screen in Android (S300007_2009230219_V9.56_BMP_ROW) shuts off randomly.

I've attached the recovery.log, maybe you can make sense of it?

There are two issues in the log.

SDCard not present
Code:
I:Unable to mount '/external_sd'
I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'auto'

The sdcard (or reader) is not present. So TWRP can't mount it.

If Android can't read it either, then it's likely there's something wrong with the SDCard or the reader. The kernel logs might have more detailed error messages.

If you have another card, you could format it as exFAT and see if the tablet can read it. That might help you work out if the problem is your original SDCard or the tablet's reader.

/product partition
The other issue is that there's something wrong with your /product partition. Consequently, TWRP can't mount it.
Code:
I:Can't probe device /dev/block/mmcblk0p35
Failed to mount '/product' (Invalid argument)
I:Actual block device: '/dev/block/mmcblk0p35', current file system: 'ext4'
/product | /dev/block/mmcblk0p35 | Size: 0MB Used: 0MB Free: 0MB Backup Size: 0MB
   Flags: Can_Be_Mounted Can_Be_Wiped Can_Be_Backed_Up Wipe_Available_in_GUI IsPresent Mount_Read_Only
   Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/mmcblk0p35
   Display_Name: Product
   Storage_Name: Product
   Backup_Path: /product
   Backup_Name: Product
   Backup_Display_Name: Product
   Storage_Path: /product
   Current_File_System: ext4
   Fstab_File_System: ext4
   Backup_Method: files

That might be symptomatic of some corruption somewhere. Maybe that's also manifesting as your screen crashing randomly.

I'd backup all data and then use LMSA to rescue the tablet, which will wipe all data and reload the stock ROM. Hopefully that fixes the partitioning problem.

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
There are two issues in the log.

SDCard not present
Code:
I:Unable to mount '/external_sd'
I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'auto'

The sdcard (or reader) is not present. So TWRP can't mount it.

If Android can't read it either, then it's likely there's something wrong with the SDCard or the reader. The kernel logs might have more detailed error messages.

If you have another card, you could format it as exFAT and see if the tablet can read it. That might help you work out if the problem is your original SDCard or the tablet's reader.

/product partition
The other issue is that there's something wrong with your /product partition. Consequently, TWRP can't mount it.
Code:
I:Can't probe device /dev/block/mmcblk0p35
Failed to mount '/product' (Invalid argument)
I:Actual block device: '/dev/block/mmcblk0p35', current file system: 'ext4'
/product | /dev/block/mmcblk0p35 | Size: 0MB Used: 0MB Free: 0MB Backup Size: 0MB
   Flags: Can_Be_Mounted Can_Be_Wiped Can_Be_Backed_Up Wipe_Available_in_GUI IsPresent Mount_Read_Only
   Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/mmcblk0p35
   Display_Name: Product
   Storage_Name: Product
   Backup_Path: /product
   Backup_Name: Product
   Backup_Display_Name: Product
   Storage_Path: /product
   Current_File_System: ext4
   Fstab_File_System: ext4
   Backup_Method: files

That might be symptomatic of some corruption somewhere. Maybe that's also manifesting as your screen crashing randomly.

I'd backup all data and then use LMSA to rescue the tablet, which will wipe all data and reload the stock ROM. Hopefully that fixes the partitioning problem.
I CAN read the SD in Android, just not in TWRP. I can try another card, but still doesn't explain what happened?!

Also, assuming I can backup my data, how best to restore it using LMSA? Backup with TWRP or TB? I haven't used LMSA since originally rooting this thing so that should be fun.

Yahoo Mike

Apr 3, 2011
Tamworth
I CAN read the SD in Android, just not in TWRP. I can try another card, but still doesn't explain what happened?!

Also, assuming I can backup my data, how best to restore it using LMSA? Backup with TWRP or TB? I haven't used LMSA since originally rooting this thing so that should be fun.
I reformatted an old SDCard to NTFS. TWRP 3.5.1 is able to read from and write to it. So this problem is unlikely to be with the TWRP code or libraries.

It's possible your issue is a kernel incompatibility problem. Though that's also unlikely, because it's the exact same kernel in this release and the last release.

Straight after TWRP boots, have a look in the kernel log (adb shell dmesg) for any unusual messages about your sdcard and/or "mmc1". PM the log to me, if you're unsure. It's important the log is taken straight after twrp boots, because the kernel log is overwritten regularly.

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
I reformatted an old SDCard to NTFS. TWRP 3.5.1 is able to read from and write to it. So this problem is unlikely to be with the TWRP code or libraries.

It's possible your issue is a kernel incompatibility problem. Though that's also unlikely, because it's the exact same kernel in this release and the last release.

Straight after TWRP boots, have a look in the kernel log (adb shell dmesg) for any unusual messages about your sdcard and/or "mmc1". PM the log to me, if you're unsure. It's important the log is taken straight after twrp boots, because the kernel log is overwritten regularly.
Thanks again for the help, I've attached the result of the dmesg. But I tried formatting another 64GB card and this worked straight away in TWRP. I guess my old card was just bunk!

So to fix the partition problem, I can:
1) Backup everything with TB
2) Do I need to backup in TWRP?
3) Where's the guide to restore with LMSA?
4) restore from TB once I confirm the partitions are fixed in recovery.

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    483.4 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Yahoo Mike

Yahoo Mike

Apr 3, 2011
Tamworth
Thanks again for the help, I've attached the result of the dmesg. But I tried formatting another 64GB card and this worked straight away in TWRP. I guess my old card was just bunk!

So to fix the partition problem, I can:
1) Backup everything with TB
2) Do I need to backup in TWRP?
3) Where's the guide to restore with LMSA?
4) restore from TB once I confirm the partitions are fixed in recovery.
Use whichever method you're confident with to backup your data.

LMSA has instructions to guide you through the rescue. When LMSA starts:
  • select "Rescue"
  • login
  • select "Rescue Now"
  • select "power-off mode", hit "ok"
  • hit "Lenovo Tablet", then select your product, model and HW code.
  • hit "rescue Now"
  • follow the instructions on the screen

Let the tablet reboot and setup your system before installing twrp or Magisk.

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
Use whichever method you're confident with to backup your data.

LMSA has instructions to guide you through the rescue. When LMSA starts:
  • select "Rescue"
  • login
  • select "Rescue Now"
  • select "power-off mode", hit "ok"
  • hit "Lenovo Tablet", then select your product, model and HW code.
  • hit "rescue Now"
  • follow the instructions on the screen

Let the tablet reboot and setup your system before installing twrp or Magisk.
I've just finished rescuing (using the latest downloadable ROM through LMSA), then install TWRP, then flash Magisk and I still get the error "Failed to mount '/product' (Invalid argument)" in TWRP. Here's the recovery.log just for grins. Anything else I should try before I restore my apps?

Yahoo Mike

Apr 3, 2011
Tamworth
I've just finished rescuing (using the latest downloadable ROM through LMSA), then install TWRP, then flash Magisk and I still get the error "Failed to mount '/product' (Invalid argument)" in TWRP. Here's the recovery.log just for grins. Anything else I should try before I restore my apps?
Use your tablet for a while before loading your apps or Magisk modules. See if the random screen shutdowns occur. If everything is stable, then load your apps and modules to see if any of them cause the screen shutdowns.

As for the partition, if you can see the product files (including "build.prop") in Android, there's nothing to worry about. To check:
Code:
adb shell ls -l /product/

On my tablet, the product partition is not mounted by the stock ROM. I'm not sure it's even used. The mount point is just a symlink to /system/product/. It might be an overlay?

If you want to get to the bottom of why twrp is having this issue, then read on. If not, don't worry about the error in twrp.

The kernel log you posted earlier (from twrp) reports this error:
Code:
[   24.306131]  (0)[331:recovery]EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p35): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem
[   24.306530]  (0)[331:recovery]EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p35): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem

When you're in Android (with Magisk), what do you get for this command:
Code:
adb shell su -c "blkid /dev/block/mmcblk0p35"

I can see in the stock ROM flash file (C:\ProgramData\LMSA\Download\RomFiles\*\MT6765_Android_scatter.txt) on my X606FA that the stock ROM doesn't include an image for the product partition and I don't think it's updated by OTAs. So it's probably loaded in the factory. What happened to yours is a mystery.

Code:
- partition_index: SYS36
  partition_name: product
  file_name: NONE
  is_download: false
  type: EXT4_IMG
  linear_start_addr: 0x3f000000
  physical_start_addr: 0x3f000000
  partition_size: 0x2000000
  region: EMMC_USER
  storage: HW_STORAGE_EMMC
  boundary_check: true
  is_reserved: false
  operation_type: INVISIBLE
  is_upgradable: false
  empty_boot_needed: false
  reserve: 0x00

Does your scatter txt file have an identical section?

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
Use your tablet for a while before loading your apps or Magisk modules. See if the random screen shutdowns occur. If everything is stable, then load your apps and modules to see if any of them cause the screen shutdowns.

As for the partition, if you can see the product files (including "build.prop") in Android, there's nothing to worry about. To check:
Code:
adb shell ls -l /product/

On my tablet, the product partition is not mounted by the stock ROM. I'm not sure it's even used. The mount point is just a symlink to /system/product/. It might be an overlay?

If you want to get to the bottom of why twrp is having this issue, then read on. If not, don't worry about the error in twrp.

The kernel log you posted earlier (from twrp) reports this error:
Code:
[   24.306131]  (0)[331:recovery]EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p35): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem
[   24.306530]  (0)[331:recovery]EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p35): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem

When you're in Android (with Magisk), what do you get for this command:
Code:
adb shell su -c "blkid /dev/block/mmcblk0p35"

I can see in the stock ROM flash file (C:\ProgramData\LMSA\Download\RomFiles\*\MT6765_Android_scatter.txt) on my X606FA that the stock ROM doesn't include an image for the product partition and I don't think it's updated by OTAs. So it's probably loaded in the factory. What happened to yours is a mystery.

Code:
- partition_index: SYS36
  partition_name: product
  file_name: NONE
  is_download: false
  type: EXT4_IMG
  linear_start_addr: 0x3f000000
  physical_start_addr: 0x3f000000
  partition_size: 0x2000000
  region: EMMC_USER
  storage: HW_STORAGE_EMMC
  boundary_check: true
  is_reserved: false
  operation_type: INVISIBLE
  is_upgradable: false
  empty_boot_needed: false
  reserve: 0x00

Does your scatter txt file have an identical section?
Everything seems to be working great after the reflash, including no more random screen shutoffs. I listed the /product directory and everything was there. I don't understand why TWRP can't mount it, but at this point I guess it doesn't really matter.

tecknight

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Redmi Note 9 Pro
OnePlus 8T
This version of TWRP works on the Lenovo TB-X606FA and TB-X606F. It might also work on the other variants of TB-X606.

Warning: this TWRP will not work for any of the Tab M10 variants with Qualcomm SOCs. For the TB-X505F, see this thread. For the TB-X605F/L, see this thread.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

Working:
Almost everything is working including:
  • data decryption
  • MTP
  • OTG

Known issues:
  • time not adjusting for Daylight Saving
  • OTA

Installation
It is recommended that you also install Magisk. This will ensure TWRP remains your default recovery.

Step-by-step guide

1. download TWRP to your PC (see the Download section below)
  2. download magisk.apk to your MicroSD or OTG device. Change the filetype from "apk" to "zip". Get the latest Magisk apk file here.
  3. get a copy of the vbmeta.img file from the stock ROM. It should be located in one of the subdirectories of LMSA's c:\ProgramData\LMSA\Download\RomFiles directory (after you download it using the LMSA rescue (power-off mode). This is only required the first time you flash TWRP, or the first time after you re-flash the whole stock ROM.
  4. if your bootloader is already unlocked, go to step 5. To unlock bootloader:
    • on tablet: go to Settings->System->About and press "Build number" 7 times to enable Developer Options.
    • on tablet: go to Settings->System->DeveloperOptions. Turn on: "OEM unlocking" and "USB debugging".
    • connect tablet to your computer. Tablet will ask for permission to "Allow USB debugging". Tick "always allow" and select "OK".
    • backup any files you want to keep to an external device (MicroSD/OTG/computer), because the next step will wipe all your photos, files, google account etc on the tablet.
    • Now unlock the bootloader:
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
      fastboot flashing unlock
    • follow the instructions on the tablet, then reboot to Android.
    • note: if fastboot reports <waiting for device>, then you need to install the Mediatek USB drivers. Go to developer.android.com/studio/run/oem-usb, then find the link to Mediatek (MTK) and follow the installation instructions.
    • note: after unlocking, tablet will take a while to come back up - because it has to do a factory reset and encrypt data again.
  5. flash the TWRP image:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery twrp_X606FA_10.img
    fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot reboot recovery
  6. load Magisk:
    In TWRP:
    • select "Install"
    • use "select storage" to locate device you stored magisk.zip on.
    • press the OK button
    • select the Magisk zip file
    • swipe to confirm Flash
    • when Magisk is finished, hit the "Reboot System" button
  7. finished!

If you prefer to use button combos, rather than fastboot/ADB commands:
  • Vol Down + Power = fastboot mode
  • Vol Up + Vol Down + Power = recovery mode

Changelog
Code:
2021-03-10 - TWRP 3.5.1 updates
           - cherrypicked update 1995 to force splash screen to display on boot
           - orientation is now landscape (for tablets)
           - updated install instructions to reflect new Magisk apk (v22).

2021-02-02 - fix blank screen on boot - don't need to press power button anymore to wake screen up

2021-01-24 - TWRP 3.5.0_10-0: initial release

Downloads

Source code

Credits
The guys at TeamWin Recovery Project.
Everyone whose device trees I plagiarised from GitHub.

Contributors
Yahoo Mike

Created 2021-01-24
Last Updated 2021-03-10 (TWRP 3.5.1)
Mike,
Awesome job on your TWRP and on the concise, working installation instructions !!
I just picked up this tablet and I find it to be a very well built and functional tablet at a VERY good price point !!
The biggest issues I had were:
1. Getting Windows to recognize the tablet in bootloader mode
and
2. Realizing that you must:
  • Flash vbmeta from fastboot
  • then reboot recovery from fastboot
  • then run the Magisk install from TWRP
  • in order to keep the boot image from restoring the stock recovery
Keep up the GREAT work my friend !!

Last edited:

Yahoo Mike

Apr 3, 2011
Tamworth
Mike,
Awesome job on your TWRP and on the concise, working installation instructions !!
I just picked up this tablet and I find it to be a very well built and functional tablet at a VERY good price point !!
The biggest issues I had were:
1. Getting Windows to recognize the tablet in bootloader mode
and
2. Realizing that you must:
  • Flash vbmeta from fastboot
  • then reboot recovery from fastboot
  • then run the Magisk install from TWRP
  • in order to keep the boot image from restoring the stock recovery
Keep up the GREAT work my friend !!
Thanks for the feedback.

I've updated post #2 with some hints about Windows 10 and fastboot.

And yes, the order is important. Magisk stops Android from restoring stock recovery when you boot up.

snickle

Sep 6, 2009
I tried uninstalling Magisk and it would not uninstall.

Some thought was to reboot to fastboot and reflash the stock boot image and reboot.

However I had to do this on a borrowed PC. Thought I installed all the right drivers. Can share files, adb pus and pull work, but when rebooted to fastboot, Fastboot devices shows nothing.

What driver am I missing for fastboot to work?

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
I tried uninstalling Magisk and it would not uninstall.

Some thought was to reboot to fastboot and reflash the stock boot image and reboot.

However I had to do this on a borrowed PC. Thought I installed all the right drivers. Can share files, adb pus and pull work, but when rebooted to fastboot, Fastboot devices shows nothing.

What driver am I missing for fastboot to work?
You probably just need to change the driver in Device Manager.

barguybrady

1. get a copy of the vbmeta.img file from the stock ROM. It should be located in one of the subdirectories of LMSA's c:\ProgramData\LMSA\Download\RomFiles directory (after you download it using the LMSA rescue (power-off mode). This is only required the first time you flash TWRP, or the first time after you re-flash the whole stock ROM.
Soooo . . . I run Linux.
This Windows stuff does not relate.
You are saying that I have to run an Windows .exe program to get a "vbmeta.img" file before I may proceed in Rooting my Lenovo ? This file doesn't exist anywhere else ? On a Lenovo Support Site, or similar ?

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance !

Yahoo Mike

Apr 3, 2011
Tamworth
Soooo . . . I run Linux.
This Windows stuff does not relate.
You are saying that I have to run an Windows .exe program to get a "vbmeta.img" file before I may proceed in Rooting my Lenovo ? This file doesn't exist anywhere else ? On a Lenovo Support Site, or similar ?

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance !
It's a shortcut to sourcing and extracting the image from the stock ROM for the version you are running.

If you post the version you are running, maybe someone can post the link to Lenovo's website for you to download the appropriate stock ROM, or a link to that vbmeta.img. I'm not sure whether an image from an earlier stock ROM will work.

barguybrady

It's a shortcut to sourcing and extracting the image from the stock ROM for the version you are running.

If you post the version you are running, maybe someone can post the link to Lenovo's website for you to download the appropriate stock ROM, or a link to that vbmeta.img. I'm not sure whether an image from an earlier stock ROM will work.
Thank You, however, I found a copy of the Source Code, extracted vbmeta.img, and then proceeded.
However, I am still unable to get to TWRP?
When I "Vol + " & "Vol - " & "Power", then release "Power" when the logo appears, it launches the stock Lenovo Recovery ?
Any Suggestions ?

Do Ya think I could try and Install TWRP in Lenovo Recovery mode ?

Reactions: vassiliszacharis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This version of TWRP works on the Lenovo TB-X606FA, TB-X606F and TB-X606X.

Warning: this TWRP will not work for any of the Tab M10 variants with Qualcomm SOCs. For the TB-X505F, see this thread. For the TB-X605F/L, see this thread.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Encryption
    This device was released with Android 9 using full disk encryption (FDE). But we now have Android 13 GSIs for this tablet - and Android 13 does not support FDE. Android 13 only supports file-based encryption (FBE).

If you are using a ROM/GSI that uses FBE, you must use the twrp with -fbe in the name. If you use the wrong one, twrp will not be able to decrypt the data partition.

If you don't know if you're using FBE or FDE, then run this command while Android is running: adb shell getprop ro.crypto.type. If it returns "block", then your device is FDE. If it returns "file", it's FBE.

Installation
    With a stock ROM, it is recommended that you also install Magisk. This will ensure TWRP remains your default recovery.

If Windows 10/11 does not recognise your tablet in fastboot mode, then see post #2.

Step-by-step guide

1. download TWRP to your PC (see the Download section below)
    2. download the latest magisk.apk to your SDcard or OTG device. Change the filetype from "apk" to "zip".
    3. get a copy of the vbmeta.img file from the stock ROM. It should be located in one of the subdirectories of LMSA's c:\ProgramData\LMSA\Download\RomFiles directory (after you download it using the LMSA rescue (power-off mode). This is only required the first time you flash TWRP, or the first time after you re-flash the whole stock ROM.
    4. if your bootloader is already unlocked, go to step 5. To unlock bootloader:
      • on tablet: go to Settings->System->About and press "Build number" 7 times to enable Developer Options.
      • on tablet: go to Settings->System->DeveloperOptions. Turn on: "OEM unlocking" and "USB debugging".
      • connect tablet to your computer. Tablet will ask for permission to "Allow USB debugging". Tick "always allow" and select "OK".
      • backup any files you want to keep to an external device (MicroSD/OTG/computer), because the next step will wipe all your photos, files, google account etc on the tablet.
      • Now unlock the bootloader:
        Code:
        adb reboot bootloader
        fastboot flashing unlock
      • follow the instructions on the tablet, then reboot to Android.
      • note: if fastboot reports <waiting for device>, then you need to install the Mediatek USB drivers. Go to developer.android.com/studio/run/oem-usb, then find the link to Mediatek (MTK) and follow the installation instructions.
      • note: after unlocking, tablet will take a while to come back up - because it has to do a factory reset and encrypt data again.
    5. flash the TWRP image:
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
      fastboot flash recovery twrp_X606FA_11.img
      fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
      fastboot reboot recovery
    6. backup the stock boot, system and vendor partitions in TWRP, if you don't have backups already
    7. load Magisk:
      In TWRP:
      • select "Install"
      • use "select storage" to locate device you stored magisk.zip on.
      • press the OK button
      • select the Magisk zip file
      • swipe to confirm Flash
      • when Magisk is finished, hit the "Reboot System" button
    8. finished!

If you prefer to use button combos, rather than fastboot/ADB commands:
    • Vol Down + Power = fastboot mode
    • Vol Up + Vol Down + Power = recovery mode

Changelog
    Code:
    2023-03-27 - add TWRP 3.7.0 for FBE ROMs/GSIs (Android 13+) only

2022-02-06 - added separate download for TB-X606F

2021-12-16 - TWRP 3.6.0 updates
              - support for Android 12 decryption (keymaster)

2021-07-05 - TWRP 3.5.2 updates
               - corrected display of Cyrillic (and other non-ASCII characters) in file names on external drives (utf8)

2021-03-10 - TWRP 3.5.1 updates
               - cherrypicked update 1995 to force splash screen to display on boot
               - orientation is now landscape (for tablets)
               - updated install instructions to reflect new Magisk apk (v22).

2021-02-02 - fix blank screen on boot - don't need to press power button anymore to wake screen up

2021-01-24 - TWRP 3.5.0_10-0: initial release

Downloads (FDE)
    This will work with stock ROMs and most pre-A13 ROMs/GSIs.

Downloads (FBE)
    This will not work with stock ROMs or most pre-A13 ROMs/GSIs. This is for ROMs/GSIs that use FBE to encrypt. Android 13+ only supports FBE.

Source code

Credits
    The guys at TeamWin Recovery Project.
    Everyone whose device trees I plagiarised from GitHub.

Contributors
    Yahoo Mike

Created 2021-01-24
    Last Updated 2023-03-27 (FBE support)
    I've added a separate download in the OP for the TB-X606F.

Something changed in the last stock OTA for the TB-X606F and the TB-X606FA kernel in TWRP stopped working on some TB-X606F tablets. So I had to create a separate download with the TB-X606F kernel for that tablet.

So now there are two versions: one for the TB-X606FA; and one for the TB-X606F. The only difference is the pre-built kernel packaged with TWRP. The kernels are taken from the stock boot.img for the respective tablets.

Thanks to @Egor Duda and @hanichl for reporting the problem and testing the new binary.

Unless there is a major problem, these two downloads will be the final versions of TWRP for this tablet. Happy twrp-ing !
    Windows 10/11 does not recognise tablet in fastboot mode

If your tablet is recognised by ADB but not by fastboot in Windows, you might need to get the latest versions of fastboot and the Mediatek usb drivers.

1. use the latest fastboot version
    Make sure you are using the latest version of fastboot. There were major changes to fastboot for Android 10.

If you are using PowerShell, make sure it's picking up the fastboot you expect: fastboot --version. If not, use ./fastboot from the directory with the executable.

2. update device drivers
    Try the latest Mediatek (MTK) drivers from Install OEM USB drivers. When they are loaded, they appear in Device Manager as "Kedacom USB Device/Android ADB Interface".

If Windows complains that the drivers are unsigned and refuses to load them, then do this as Administrator in Windows:
    1. bcdedit /set testsigning on
    2. reboot Windows
    3. install the drivers
    4. bcdedit /set testsigning off
    In Windows 11, you might also need to turn off Secure Boot in your PC's BIOS to get the bcdedit command to work.
    FYI, the Android 11 CAOS GSI Rom works fantastic on this tablet. No conflicts with Magisk, and it is super smooth and responsive. Even faster than stock. I suggest you try it. Installing monthly updates is as simple as installing the gsi image, and then re-installing Magisk.zip, from TWRP.

I am always up to date on the latest Android. What could be better?
    1. yes with latest version
    2. ph-AOSP or CAOS11
    3. yes
    4. no