• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

【recovery】TeamWim Recovery Project for Nokia 6

Search This thread

same6630

May 12, 2016
saghez,iran
Yes, me too. But the phone didn't boot after that

Type fastboot continue it must work....
If not work do factory reset through twrp and then flash SuperSU from advanced menu (second from the end) and reboot,
After that you will go download mod again type fastboot continue and your phone boot normally...

Last edited:

Vaisak

Jan 29, 2016
Kerala
when i entered into recovery mode it is showing something in chinese language and only english word i can see is data and a empty blank below, initially i cant understand it but later i came to know it is for password after i entered password, then the data in recovery changed from 0 mb to its original size.

What is the password?

EDIT:
Got it. Its your phone PIN/password/pattern/backup PIN. In case of pattern, view the dots as numbers
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

Strange. First of such experience with TWRP.

Last edited:

same6630

May 12, 2016
saghez,iran
upon fastboot continue command, my phone just turns off. If I power it on, it shows the android logo and turns off; otherwise it goes to bootloader (if USB is connected)

Are you trying factory reset from twrp recovery?
It is working for me...:confused:
If not work try flashing it with ost la ....

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

only TA-1003!!!

if you are using TA-1000,you have to flash this before.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-6/development/problem-firmware-nokia-6-ta-1000-t3640667/page1

Nokia6 Qitu twrp 3.1.1 recovery Toolkit (9008 ports, miflash brush into), is the world's first bar, recovery function is normal, with root function
download link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhvzBzjU0o8filtloJ6szD51cGtT
Recovery automatically decrypt data, without formatting, function properly
This mobile phone is special, unable to unlock, need to enter the 9008 port recovery flash method, similar to coolpad1, you can use the new version of the miflash
Recovery advanced, there are supersu root function, be sure to flash this root, or restart directly, 99% may not boot, do not use other link to download the supersu.
As for how to enter 9008 cmd:ADB reboot EDL can not, short access
As for how to enter the recovery, l do not know how to enter, ADB reboot recovery can enter or terminal:reboot recovery
bug:i don't know

this is Chinese twrp ,If you are speaking English, please try the English twrp theme.
Please update your thread I root my ta1021 version 7.1.2 with recovery provided by you.....

Vaisak

Jan 29, 2016
Kerala
FINALLY SUCCEEDED: ROOTed AND BOOTed. The root was a systemless SUPER SU root.
Now its playtime. Luckily, if anything worst would happen, I could just flash the MENA firmware, and get back to stock without losing my data

Thanks @tertty and everyone.

tertty

Sep 10, 2017
I had english themed twrp. Then I dirty flashed the system, boot and recovery (flashed the MENA firmware without wiping data) and flashed the chinese twrp through fastboot. But it boots into the english themed recovery :confused:. Is there any twrp xml files stored in some locations that is causing this. I had gone back to stock recovery and then flashed the chinese twrp, but still it shows the english version. Any idea?

Change language to Chinese in settings.

Vaisak

Jan 29, 2016
Kerala
Change language to Chinese in settings.

Just not the language, the root option was also gone.
Solution: Delete the twrp folder in sdcard. It contains the english themed ui.zip file which causes this.

Anyway, I'm trying to install some sound mods (namely AM3d zirene and dolby atmos), but unable to boot after flashing. Do you have to use the OST tool to switch mode, and then get to recovery to flash each time? This is a pain to flash the stock firmware again and start over again. Have been doing this for tens of times.

gamez cliq

Aug 23, 2017
Anyway, I'm trying to install some sound mods (namely AM3d zirene and dolby atmos), but unable to boot after flashing. Do you have to use the OST tool to switch mode, and then get to recovery to flash each time? This is a pain to flash the stock firmware again and start over again. Have been doing this for tens of times.

why to open the tool always to enter recovery mode.just type adb reboot reocvery by entering into the command prompt.and it will directly take you to the twrp recovery mode.

kdnmobile

Jun 4, 2013
Hi guys,
Just got Nokia 6 TA 1021 on android 7.1.1. How can I root it and flash custom recovery like twrp?

canapo92

Jun 18, 2015
Serravalle Sesia

kdnmobile

Jun 4, 2013
Hello!! you must follw this guide.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-6/development/guide-how-to-flash-custom-recovery-root-t3702354
Don't forget to download the english file for chinese twrp.
Be careful if you decide to flash any .zip . xposed for example is working

Have a good flash!! ;)

I successfully flashed twrp and rooted my nokia 6 ta1021 running on android 7.1.1. But how can I flash the english file from chinese twrp ? Which Button should I select for zip flash? Does the english version have same features as the chinese? Thanks.

canapo92

Jun 18, 2015
Serravalle Sesia
I successfully flashed twrp and rooted my nokia 6 ta1021 running on android 7.1.1. But how can I flash the english file from chinese twrp ? Which Button should I select for zip flash? Does the english version have same features as the chinese? Thanks.

Be careful!! 1) download one of this:

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=189837

2) put the downloaded zip in the root of your internal memory
3) boot in recovery, tap the first voice "install ZIP" (in chinese obviously)
4) select your zip and flash it
5) bene!!!! your twrp 3.11 is now in english.

The functions are the same because is only a theme and a language pack!!
Root backup,restore, fixing perm ecc. Stay away from full wipe!!

Be careful when you flashing all type of zip, beacuse i'ts too easy have a soft brick:eek: capisce??

Reactions: kdnmobile

kdnmobile

Jun 4, 2013
Be careful!! 1) download one of this:

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=189837

2) put the downloaded zip in the root of your internal memory
3) boot in recovery, tap the first voice "install ZIP" (in chinese obviously)
4) select your zip and flash it
5) bene!!!! your twrp 3.11 is now in english.

The functions are the same because is only a theme and a language pack!!
Root backup,restore, fixing perm ecc. Stay away from full wipe!!

Be careful when you flashing all type of zip, beacuse i'ts too easy have a soft brick:eek: capisce??

Thanks Dude. I flashed the english theme successfully. But I can no longer see the Root Option ,why? How can I get this back? Can I restore my full backup successfully when there is a soft brick?

canapo92

Jun 18, 2015
Serravalle Sesia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    only TA-1003!!!

if you are using TA-1000,you have to flash this before.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-6/development/problem-firmware-nokia-6-ta-1000-t3640667/page1

Nokia6 Qitu twrp 3.1.1 recovery Toolkit (9008 ports, miflash brush into), is the world's first bar, recovery function is normal, with root function
    download link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhvzBzjU0o8filtloJ6szD51cGtT
    Recovery automatically decrypt data, without formatting, function properly
    This mobile phone is special, unable to unlock, need to enter the 9008 port recovery flash method, similar to coolpad1, you can use the new version of the miflash
    Recovery advanced, there are supersu root function, be sure to flash this root, or restart directly, 99% may not boot, do not use other link to download the supersu.
    As for how to enter 9008 cmd:ADB reboot EDL can not, short access
    As for how to enter the recovery, l do not know how to enter, ADB reboot recovery can enter or terminal:reboot recovery
    bug:i don't know

this is Chinese twrp ,If you are speaking English, please try the English twrp theme.
    I've discovered something interesting tonight. Using the patched flasher that can be found in the MENA firmware thread, I have been able to flash this recovery to the phone without putting it into any special edl mode or using flash cables.

To do so:
    1. Open the patched program
    2. Load up a valid nb0 file, but do not flash this file to the phone! We simply need it for the next step
    3. Click the "Edit phone" button, watch your phone wait for it to reboot back into the bootloader
    4. Wait just a few more seconds
    5. Enter the command "fastboot flash recovery <recovery file name>.img
    6. Recovery will successfully flash to the phone
    7. Enter the command "fastboot continue"

You will then be brought back to your Android system. From there you can adb into recovery where your custom recovery will be installed! Whenever you reboot from recovery it may hang on the bootloader. YOU MUST USE THE FASTBOOT CONTINUE COMMAND TO GET OUT OF THIS!!!

EDIT: Scratch all that guys, just use "fastboot continue" to get unstuck from Bootloader. I am happy to announce that I too have achieved root with no flash cables or special modes!
    Can you please add some more detail to the post? Like something for a noob user? :p
    maybe you should this
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-6/development/problem-firmware-nokia-6-ta-1000-t3640667
    after flash this firmware
    1.install miflash
    2.download recovery.zip
    3.unpack recovery.zip(you can get a folder named recover)
    4.lunch miflash in start menu
    5.Click “drive” above miflash and click “reinstall”
    6.Restart the computer, disable the driver mandatory signature
    7.lunch miflash,click ”select“ and select recovery floder
    8.enter your phone into com9008 mode
    9.Connect the computer and mobile phone by using cable
    10.click “load device(
    Anyone send me a supersu.zip and recovery image to nokia 6 nougat 7.1.1? links in this theard is dead :C
    There ya go, this is the original 7to recovery su zip
    Great way to root the Nokia I am having myself TA 1021. Personally I want to wait for a stable English Teamwin. Thought I wanted to ask some questions. After you root nokia 6 how do you update to the latest patch ? Second what do you mean the version 7.1.2 isn't compatible anymore ?

Whenever you update your phone, you will have to re-root it. It appears, unless I am doing it wrong, that in the 7.1.2 update they have made some adjustment in the boot process that writes the stock recovery over whatever new recovery you have created when you turn on your phone. Meaning, you can still flash whatever recovery you want to the recovery partition, but when your phone boots up it will be overwritten by the stock recovery.

Suggested fix for now? Don't upgrade to the 7.1.2 patch I guess and my method of rooting should still work.