[RECOVERY]TeamWin Recovery Project [3.6.0] for Motorola G9/Play[guamp]

Search This thread

RazaDroid

images.jpeg

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Download

Flashing Guide

• To Flash
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_a <twrp.img>
  • To Boot
Code:
fastboot boot <twrp.img>
  • If Flashing Recovery For First Time

Code:
fastboot flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img

Touchscreen Panels

Ilitek : Working {TESTED}
Himax : Working {TESTED}
Chipone : Working {TESTED}
Nova_flash : {NOT TESTED}

Device Tree : Click Here

XDA : DevDB Information

TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Motorola G9/Play

Contributors
RazaDroid,mistersmee

Last edited:
Nice... unfortunately I can't check it out as I don't technically have this device... I have one that appears to be mostly the same thing but not quite. Do you know offhand what is different from 3.5.2 vs 3.6 for TWRP? I didn't find a changelog yet and I'm curious as to how hard it is to port/recreate this for the Moto G Power 2021 as it appears to have more or less the same hardware... is it using a different board? Either way ty for doing the thing

RazaDroid

Nice... unfortunately I can't check it out as I don't technically have this device... I have one that appears to be mostly the same thing but not quite. Do you know offhand what is different from 3.5.2 vs 3.6 for TWRP? I didn't find a changelog yet and I'm curious as to how hard it is to port/recreate this for the Moto G Power 2021 as it appears to have more or less the same hardware... is it using a different board? Either way ty for doing the thing
Can you tell codename for your device?

Yeah it works pretty well, that's the one I'm using. I was initially writing to just ask if you can explain what changes between 3.5.2 and 3.6 and it got me wondering also the real difference between the G9 and 'g power 2020' - I didn't mean to bug you for support for the wrong device, sorry

RazaDroid

Yeah it works pretty well, that's the one I'm using. I was initially writing to just ask if you can explain what changes between 3.5.2 and 3.6 and it got me wondering also the real difference between the G9 and 'g power 2020' - I didn't mean to bug you for support for the wrong device, sorry
See there what's changes

• Love
Reactions: treesus

neitandias

Nov 7, 2015
View attachment 5463497
Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
Code:
/*
 */

Download

Flashing Guide

• To Flash
Code:
  • To Boot
Code:
fastboot boot <twrp.img>

Code:

Touchscreen Panels

Contributors
RazaDroid,mistersmee
nice

John Guamp

May 13, 2022
The twrp asks password for decrypting the storage. What should I do?
You can use this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ncrypt-disk-quota-disabler-11-2-2020.3817389/
I suggest just keeping your phone encrypted though. TWRP without encryption support is pretty much useless. You'll be sacrificing a lot of security and, in exchange, you'll be able to access files in your phone's internal storage from the TWRP file manager...which is worthless since you can just connect your phone to a computer to achieve the same thing. You'll be able to backup stuff but you won't be able to restore anything.
Yes, I'm salty because there was ZERO MENTION of this TWRP being unable to support something as essential as encryption. The flashing guide is extremely obtuse as well. Do you seriously think someone new to Android hacking will have any clue what a vbmeta is or where they should get it from?
Anyway, now my phone is stuck in a bootloop and all my app data is gone (even though I've disabled encryption and made the backup with encryption disabled) just because this piece of junk won't restore my backups. Gee, thanks. I think I'll just go back to the stock firmware.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    images.jpeg

Code:
    /*
     */

Download

Flashing Guide

• To Flash
    Code:
    • To Boot
    Code:
    fastboot boot <twrp.img>

Code:

Touchscreen Panels

Contributors
    RazaDroid,mistersmee
    Click Here To Download - Server America
    Click Here To Download - Server Europe

Changelogs

• 28/01/2022
    • Official Now

• 08/12/2021​

• Fix Touchscreen in FastbootD

• 20/11/2021​

• Initial Build
    See there what's changes
    After back up and restoring my gsi rom (Andy Yan los gsi 18.1), i have lost : top and bottom nav (and wallpaper).

no nav bar and no up bar 18.1 gsi twrp_1.png
    compare to
    Screenshot_20220117-095335_Trebuchet.png

Any idea to solve it ?
    Thanks for your work