[RECOVERY] - TeamWin Recovery Project [CROSSHATCH] [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread
Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL
Sorry for the delay in replying back to you but this is the exact process that I have to do in order to flash roms.

I submitted some logs back on the first page could those be of use? I have attached them for easier reference.
Thanks for all your assistance. If you need me to test anything let me know I'll be happy to help.
Oh by the way, is there a place I can find an updated image file of the TWRP file for Pixel 3xl? Or is the one that bigbiff posted at the start of this thread the only one out there?

bigbiff

Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
Sorry for the delay in replying back to you but this is the exact process that I have to do in order to flash roms.

I submitted some logs back on the first page could those be of use? I have attached them for easier reference.
Thanks for all your assistance. If you need me to test anything let me know I'll be happy to help.
Please test the official image at twrp.me and repost the logs.

Reactions: barnettejd
Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL
Sorry, I guess I had forgotten to run the official Jenkins job. It is up now.
Thanks I now have it. I will run some tests in the coming days to see if it works for me. If it doesn't work for certain things (I had trouble with Side loading, the usb on the go, and flashing a rom) I will try and figure out how to collect log files and submit them. Should I just submit the log files in this forum?

bigbiff

Jun 8, 2010
Thanks I now have it. I will run some tests in the coming days to see if it works for me. If it doesn't work for certain things (I had trouble with Side loading, the usb on the go, and flashing a rom) I will try and figure out how to collect log files and submit them. Should I just submit the log files in this forum?
That is fine. Sideload was working for me.

Reactions: Slim2none4u

elderwolf123

Jul 23, 2017
Q. how do you install it, i know you need to boot it first, push it to the device then install it using TWRP. The official steps say something about an LZMA ram kernel as well dont state which TWRP img to use. I know its crosshatch but there is an installer img and a standard img. The other thing is it says 11, does TWRP work on Android 12?

bigbiff

Jun 8, 2010
Q. how do you install it, i know you need to boot it first, push it to the device then install it using TWRP. The official steps say something about an LZMA ram kernel as well dont state which TWRP img to use. I know its crosshatch but there is an installer img and a standard img. The other thing is it says 11, does TWRP work on Android 12?
If you already have twrp installed, you can install the zip or image file through TWRP. You always use the latest version to install. TWRP works with pinless/passwordless A12.

elderwolf123

Jul 23, 2017
If you already have twrp installed, you can install the zip or image file through TWRP. You always use the latest version to install. TWRP works with pinless/passwordless A12.
Booted the twrp temorarily and then flashed it using install but now i can't exit recovery. Whenever i try to boot into system it just reboots back into TWRP. I had to flash the factory boot to get out

Last edited:

elderwolf123

Jul 23, 2017
What were the steps you used to install it?went to fastboot to boot TWRP temporarily, pushed TWRP img to the device via adb, used install to
went to fastboot to boot TWRP temporarily, pushed TWRP img to the device via adb, used install then selected install image, selected the TWRP image, selected boot as the partition to flash the image to then swiped to confirm. I have never had TWRP working on a pixel due to it not being available but the way you need to install TWRP is completely different from any other device I have had and the instructions on the official TWRP are limited with basically no details, just an outline which is bad for someone who has never had to use this method to install TWRP

Booted the twrp temorarily and then flashed it using install but now i can't exit recovery. Whenever i try to boot into system it just reboots back into TWRP. I had to flash the factory boot to get out
I also had this as well, when I installed using the latest from twrp.me. Installed via fastboot then installed within TWRP. Happened consistently both times I tried on two different devices. Was not able to get a log that time I'll try again when I have a few moments.

thex2

Jul 21, 2014
I can't get the MD5 to match for the twrp-installer-3.6.0_11-0-crosshatch.zip or the twrp-3.6.0_11-0-crosshatch.img. Mismatches on both. 3.5.2 checks out just fine, but won't work with Android 12. Anybody else having issues with MD5 mismatching?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [RECOVERY] TWRP 3.6.0_11-0 - TeamWin Recovery Project

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of official builds.

Device Config: https://github.com/bigbiff/android_device_google_crosshatch

Hello, this is a test build for crosshatch users.

If others thing don't work, please report the issue and let me know.

I am opening this thread to replace @Dees_Troy's thread with his blessing.

http://twrp.me

Old Info

Download here:
    Test1: https://build.twrp.me/test/crosshatch/twrp-3.6.0-0-test1-crosshatch.img
    - fix backup and restore
    - fix decryption thanks to @Captain_Throwback and his twrp-common tree which fixes the order of proprietary services starting: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_qcom_twrp-common
    - supports 12 decryption with no pin set
    - fully supports 11 decryption with keymaster
    Hello all. I am working on A12 in TWRP. Here is an alpha fastbootable image you can test:

I have decryption working and I believe there are no issues with backup and restore. Thanks for testing.
    Thanks for the build. Tested on Android 11, latest Scorpion rom. Touch does not appear to be working.
    Scorpion is not using a stock DTBO. You will have to use the fastbooted twrp adb shell session to install this flashable zip:

Push it to /sdcard with adb, and do twrp install twrp-installer-3.6.0_11-0-crosshatch.zip inside the adb shell
    Then use adb to reboot to TWRP that is now installed as recovery in boot.
    Omg, I had totally given up all hope of having TWRP on my Pixel 3 XL! Thank you so much for this release! I'm currently running:

Pixel 3 XL - Android 12 (Stock)
    Build: SP1A.210812.016.A1

Touchscreen & booting into TWRP is working for me.

For anyone who receives "boot command not recognized" in Fastbootd while trying to push the TEMPORARY twrp.img try this:
    1. While phone is turned on and in android, open cmd prompt and type "adb devices" (make sure your device appears)
    2. Type "adb reboot fastboot"
    3. Now you should boot into fastbootd that looks like stock recovery BUT this is not where you push the temporary twrp.img
    4. Type "fastboot reboot bootloader"
    5. You will now enter Fastboot (notice the screen looks different than the previous Fastboot menu)
    6. Type "fastboot devices" (to ensure your device is detected)
    7. Type "fastboot boot "XXXX.img"" (XXXX is whatever your .img file is named; I recommend twrp.img)
    8. After it boots into TWRP go to Advanced->click "Flash Current TWRP"
    9. In TWRP, reboot to recovery.
    10. If all went well you should enter TWRP instead of stock recovery, now you can safely boot into system and TWRP will stay in place.
    *sorry if my steps above are not concise or are redundant. I'm not super knowledgeable but those steps are what worked for me after encountering the issue and researching*
    Oh by the way, is there a place I can find an updated image file of the TWRP file for Pixel 3xl? Or is the one that bigbiff posted at the start of this thread the only one out there?
    Use twrp.me for official images.