[RECOVERY] - TeamWin Recovery Project [CROSSHATCH] [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread
[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.6.0_11-0 - TeamWin Recovery Project

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
Onscreen keyboard
Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of official builds.

Device Config: https://github.com/bigbiff/android_device_google_crosshatch

Hello, this is a test build for crosshatch users.

If others thing don't work, please report the issue and let me know.

I am opening this thread to replace @Dees_Troy's thread with his blessing.

Download here:
Test1: https://build.twrp.me/test/crosshatch/twrp-3.6.0-0-test1-crosshatch.img
- fix backup and restore
- fix decryption thanks to @Captain_Throwback and his twrp-common tree which fixes the order of proprietary services starting: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_qcom_twrp-common
- supports 12 decryption with no pin set
- fully supports 11 decryption with keymaster

http://twrp.me
Is this a perm install of twrp or is there a zip file that goes along with it.

Omg, I had totally given up all hope of having TWRP on my Pixel 3 XL! Thank you so much for this release! I'm currently running:

Pixel 3 XL - Android 12 (Stock)
Build: SP1A.210812.016.A1

Touchscreen & booting into TWRP is working for me.

For anyone who receives "boot command not recognized" in Fastbootd while trying to push the TEMPORARY twrp.img try this:
  1. While phone is turned on and in android, open cmd prompt and type "adb devices" (make sure your device appears)
  2. Type "adb reboot fastboot"
  3. Now you should boot into fastbootd that looks like stock recovery BUT this is not where you push the temporary twrp.img
  4. Type "fastboot reboot bootloader"
  5. You will now enter Fastboot (notice the screen looks different than the previous Fastboot menu)
  6. Type "fastboot devices" (to ensure your device is detected)
  7. Type "fastboot boot "XXXX.img"" (XXXX is whatever your .img file is named; I recommend twrp.img)
  8. After it boots into TWRP go to Advanced->click "Flash Current TWRP"
  9. In TWRP, reboot to recovery.
  10. If all went well you should enter TWRP instead of stock recovery, now you can safely boot into system and TWRP will stay in place.
*sorry if my steps above are not concise or are redundant. I'm not super knowledgeable but those steps are what worked for me after encountering the issue and researching*

Omg, I had totally given up all hope of having TWRP on my Pixel 3 XL! Thank you so much for this release! I'm currently running:

For anyone who receives "boot command not recognized" in Fastbootd while trying to push the TEMPORARY twrp.img try this:
  1. While phone is turned on and in android, open cmd prompt and type "adb devices" (make sure your device appears)
  3. Now you should boot into fastbootd that looks like stock recovery BUT this is not where you push the temporary twrp.img
  5. You will now enter Fastboot (notice the screen looks different than the previous Fastboot menu)
  7. Type "fastboot boot "XXXX.img"" (XXXX is whatever your .img file is named; I recommend twrp.img)
  10. If all went well you should enter TWRP instead of stock recovery, now you can safely boot into system and TWRP will stay in place.
*sorry if my steps above are not concise or are redundant. I'm not super knowledgeable but those steps are what worked for me after encountering the issue and researching*
I am having issues with the flashing of roms, I got the twrp-3.6.0-0-test1-crosshatch build from this thread. Now everything went just as described however it will not let me flash any rom and that's with me doing FULL wipe of current OP through TWRP and through the phone reset option. The second it starts I get no error message it just restarts TWRP and then its like my internal phone storage is no longer there. Anyone else having this issue.

Reactions: teflon252
Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL
I am having issues with the flashing of roms, I got the twrp-3.6.0-0-test1-crosshatch build from this thread. Now everything went just as described however it will not let me flash any rom and that's with me doing FULL wipe of current OP through TWRP and through the phone reset option. The second it starts I get no error message it just restarts TWRP and then its like my internal phone storage is no longer there. Anyone else having this issue.
I am having the exact same issue. Nothing I do seems to work. Trying to install Lineage OS microg.

Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL
Yes I am able to use adb devices in my command prompt and see the device while adb sideload is active in twrp. Heres what happens.

I open up TWRP > Wipe (Factory Reset) then Advanced > ADB Sideload > Swipe to Start Sideload
I see Starting ADB Sideload feature

I go back to my computer and type adb devices (to confirm it see it) > adb sideload filename.zip (being the file of course).

Soon I hit enter I get a crash within TWRP and it goes back to the Main startup page for twrp.

When I go back to ADB Sideload I see this message:

E: fialed to mount /tmp/com.android.apex.cts.shim.
apex to loop device /dev/block/loop0. Reason: Device
or resource busy
E: Unable to create loop devices to mount apex files
E: Unable to load apex images frin /system_root/
system/apex

I did install TWRP to recovery using Advanced > Flash Current TWRP

If I use one of the recoveries for PE or Lineage I am able to flash using adb sideload.

*Edit 1: Now I did download the version from Telegram so let me try the one link above.

*Edit 2: Just tried with the one linked above same thing.

*Edit 3: Logs for review. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PqKN_QzdGnFJTu4Ov-2iUzyzv85ZaD9D?usp=sharing

I could be doing something wrong so any help would be appreciated.
Hey there,

Did you ever get adb sideload to work? I'm having the same problems as you.

I am having the exact same issue. Nothing I do seems to work. Trying to install Lineage OS microg.

Ok well at least I know it's not just me. I did get these instructions from another member maybe you will have better luck. The next text is from that member, let me know if you have any luck. (I think for twrp when on Android 11 you need to flash the correct twrp to decrypt storage. Thats why I don't use twrp. I just flash the boot.img and then sideload the zip file. Using twrp when on pie and android 10 was easier. I recommend you flash the boot.img. You ever use the payload dumper tool? This guide is great https://www.thecustomdroid.com/how-to-extract-android-payload-bin-file/)

Reactions: odontastic
Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL
Ok well at least I know it's not just me. I did get these instructions from another member maybe you will have better luck. The next text is from that member, let me know if you have any luck. (I think for twrp when on Android 11 you need to flash the correct twrp to decrypt storage. Thats why I don't use twrp. I just flash the boot.img and then sideload the zip file. Using twrp when on pie and android 10 was easier. I recommend you flash the boot.img. You ever use the payload dumper tool? This guide is great https://www.thecustomdroid.com/how-to-extract-android-payload-bin-file/)
I was able install lineage os with microg via lineage recovery. I then installed twrp and was able to use it to flash various zip files. Just can't side load or flash a custom rom currently. And I think I have used the payload dumper tool, is that the one where you can extract the boot.img file?

I was able install lineage os with microg via lineage recovery. I then installed twrp and was able to use it to flash various zip files. Just can't side load or flash a custom rom currently. And I think I have used the payload dumper tool, is that the one where you can extract the boot.img file?
Yeah it is, so what I'm getting is you flashed the Lineage recovery image then flashed the rom and it actually worked. When it comes to TWRP I only have twrp-3.6.0-0-test1-crosshatch due to the other images not working.

Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL
Yeah it is, so what I'm getting is you flashed the Lineage recovery image then flashed the rom and it actually worked. When it comes to TWRP I only have twrp-3.6.0-0-test1-crosshatch due to the other images not working.
Yes that was the only way I could get my custom rom installed. I then was able to install twrp-3.6.0-0-test1-crosshatch through the flash twrp option. I then was able to use twrp to flash magisk and any other flashable zip.

Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL
I should also mention that I have noticed that USB-otg does not seem to work. I can not select any usb device and any time I have one connected it shows as 0MB. I am currently using the test IMG that was released in this forum post and I'm using Lineage OS 18.1(which I had to install using lineage recovery).

Yes that was the only way I could get my custom rom installed. I then was able to install twrp-3.6.0-0-test1-crosshatch through the flash twrp option. I then was able to use twrp to flash magisk and any other flashable zip.

Sorry for the delay in replying back to you but this is the exact process that I have to do in order to flash roms.

I can't debug without logs.

I submitted some logs back on the first page could those be of use? I have attached them for easier reference.
Thanks for all your assistance. If you need me to test anything let me know I'll be happy to help.

Attachments

• Logs-20220119T171847Z-001.zip
    104.5 KB · Views: 8
Jan 10, 2022
Google Pixel 3 XL
Sorry for the delay in replying back to you but this is the exact process that I have to do in order to flash roms.

I submitted some logs back on the first page could those be of use? I have attached them for easier reference.
Thanks for all your assistance. If you need me to test anything let me know I'll be happy to help.

Hey Zero_Shadow, is there a guide I can follow to post the logs for TWRP? I'm willing to submit some too if need be.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [RECOVERY] TWRP 3.6.0_11-0 - TeamWin Recovery Project

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of official builds.

Device Config: https://github.com/bigbiff/android_device_google_crosshatch

Hello, this is a test build for crosshatch users.

If others thing don't work, please report the issue and let me know.

I am opening this thread to replace @Dees_Troy's thread with his blessing.

http://twrp.me

Old Info

Download here:
    Test1: https://build.twrp.me/test/crosshatch/twrp-3.6.0-0-test1-crosshatch.img
    - fix backup and restore
    - fix decryption thanks to @Captain_Throwback and his twrp-common tree which fixes the order of proprietary services starting: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_qcom_twrp-common
    - supports 12 decryption with no pin set
    - fully supports 11 decryption with keymaster
    Hello all. I am working on A12 in TWRP. Here is an alpha fastbootable image you can test:

I have decryption working and I believe there are no issues with backup and restore. Thanks for testing.
    Thanks for the build. Tested on Android 11, latest Scorpion rom. Touch does not appear to be working.
    Scorpion is not using a stock DTBO. You will have to use the fastbooted twrp adb shell session to install this flashable zip:

Push it to /sdcard with adb, and do twrp install twrp-installer-3.6.0_11-0-crosshatch.zip inside the adb shell
    Then use adb to reboot to TWRP that is now installed as recovery in boot.

Oh by the way, is there a place I can find an updated image file of the TWRP file for Pixel 3xl? Or is the one that bigbiff posted at the start of this thread the only one out there?
    Use twrp.me for official images.