[RECOVERY][TF101][TF101G][SL101] TWRP 2.8.1.1 Unofficial [2014-11-06]

Search This thread

doppelhelix

Jan 29, 2012
Hamburg
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
I have one Memo Pad FHD 10, It is the same as the TF100?
No. It's a completely different device. And a very exotic one. There's no xda forum for this device. You can search google for a german forum that achieved root. But no custom recovery and no custom ROM.

Hello same request as chorra, could explain me how to install this version of twrp from a stock ROM with rooted device?
Assuming that you are indeed talking about the tf101 and it's already rooted, try this:

Make sure you have the right recovery.zip
Extract twrp.blob from the zip to the root of your sdcard. Open terminal and type

Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/twrp.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
exit

Reboot the device completely till you are back in the lockscreen. While rebooting, there must be a blue/green progress-bar, indicating that the recovery is installing.
Now reboot into the new recovery

If no progress-bar was visible, open the terminal again and type
Code:
su
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3
exit
Reboot again and see the progerss bar.
Now you can boot into the new recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: lesebas

lesebas

Dec 21, 2007
Assuming that you are indeed talking about the tf101 and it's already rooted, try this:

Yes it is a TF101.

When you say ''type in terminal'', it is from adb console on my PC or do I have to install third party application to get the terminal on my TF101?

lesebas

Dec 21, 2007
Hello,

I've tried both command in a terminal (on my TF101) neither one worked. I've also tried with easyflasher to install the old version 2.2.1, no more success!

lesebas

Dec 21, 2007
Is your device rooted? Try Terminal Emulator and post the output. Your device must be rooted to install TWRP.

Hello, yes it is rooted by using the following script :

http://www.plugngeek.net/rooter-les-tablettes-asus-transformer-tf101-tf201-tf300t-tf700

What it is strange is that once I've copy twrp on my TF101 I'm not able at all to start in recovery mode (nothing happen if I press volume - and power).

I will retry with a fresh unbricked and rooted device tonight and will post the result.

Lesebas

lesebas

Dec 21, 2007
Hello,

I have reinstall the stock rom and rooted the device with 1-click transformer root. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1689193

I have notice that my TF101 was pretty hard to restart in recovery mode, even with stock rom (nothing was happing when pushing vol - and power unless I wait a very long time after power off).

With 1-clicktransformer root, no problem to restart in recovery mode, and it launch TWRP!

For information extract of the terminal :

Code:
[email protected]:/ $ su
[email protected]:/ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3: write error: No space left on device
4097+0 records in
4096+0 records out
2097152 bytes transferred in 0.515 secs (4072139 bytes/sec)
1|[email protected]:/ # dd if=/sdcard/twrp.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
/sdcard/twrp.blob: cannot open for read: No such file or directory
1|[email protected]:/ # dd if=/Removable/MicroSD/twrp.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
9760+1 records in
9760+1 records out
4997196 bytes transferred in 1.408 secs (3549144 bytes/sec)
[email protected]:/ #

Last edited:
Reactions: doppelhelix

Byrho.mru

Sep 25, 2016
I have spent 6hrs to get TWRP 2.8.1.1 finally installed from tf01 i.e.(upgraded from twrp 2.3.2.3). I was getting the checksum error and I was able to get it resolved.
Hope it will be helpful for other. Solution was just simple (Or maybe I am a newbie)
1) Rename signed_twrp-2.8.1.1_tf101.zip.md5 to signed_twrp-2.8.1.1_tf101.md5
2) Place ZIP and MD5 to root of SDCARD
3) Reboot recovery and install
4) Voila :)
Thanks for making my TF01 staying alive

Cheer
Byrho

Reactions: MatteoB92

doppelhelix

Jan 29, 2012
Hamburg
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
I have spent 6hrs to get TWRP 2.8.1.1 finally installed from tf01 i.e.(upgraded from twrp 2.3.2.3). I was getting the checksum error and I was able to get it resolved.
Hope it will be helpful for other. Solution was just simple (Or maybe I am a newbie)
1) Rename signed_twrp-2.8.1.1_tf101.zip.md5 to signed_twrp-2.8.1.1_tf101.md5
2) Place ZIP and MD5 to root of SDCARD
3) Reboot recovery and install
4) Voila :)
Thanks for making my TF01 staying alive

Cheer
Byrho
The only thing you accomplished is that twrp doesn't check the md5 at all. TWRP is expecting filename.zip.md5
By renaming to filename.md5 twrp will just ignore it.
If you get checksum error then there is something fishy going on. Either your zip is corrupt or your md5.

ms07.guf

Apr 27, 2011
Hello I'm newbe about ASUS.
I have an old TF101 and I would like to install KitKass.
It is not rooted.

I red OP, but I didn't find basic instructions:
Should I root my tablet before ? How ?
Should I copy in my tablet memory ( or in external SD card) both files or only one of these ?
- Download flashable TWRP 2.8.1.1 zip for TF101:signed_twrp-2.8.1.1_tf101.zip
- TWRP 2.8.1.1 MD5 sum for TF101: signed_twrp-2.8.1.1_tf101.zip.md5
I hope you can help me
thanks

mb_guy

Sep 6, 2008
Winnipeg
Hello I'm newbe about ASUS.
I have an old TF101 and I would like to install KitKass.
It is not rooted.

I red OP, but I didn't find basic instructions:
Should I root my tablet before ? How ?
Should I copy in my tablet memory ( or in external SD card) both files or only one of these ?
- Download flashable TWRP 2.8.1.1 zip for TF101:signed_twrp-2.8.1.1_tf101.zip
- TWRP 2.8.1.1 MD5 sum for TF101: signed_twrp-2.8.1.1_tf101.zip.md5
I hope you can help me
thanks

Hi
It's a long time since I did the procedure on my TF101, but I think these are the steps

1) first the stock tablet must be rooted, I think I used razor-claw, there is still a thread on this. There are also other one-click methods. Be sure to check the tablet version number and use the right one.
2) Once rooted, I believe it also installed a custom recovery during the procedure. If not install the recovery suggested by thhe rooting program. The next step is to download all the files and save to the external sdcard. You need, TWRP, Katkiss, su, gapps.
3) using the installed custom recovery flash TWRP
4) using TWRP flash the Katkiss rom, and su and gapps folllowing install order and instructions

Hope this helps, but do lots of reading first. You don't want a brick.

Last edited:

ms07.guf

Apr 27, 2011
Hello mb_guy
finally I rooted Tf101 using 1 click root .
Now I'm tring to enter in recovery mode to flash TWRP 2811....... but when I push POWER + VOLUME DOWN , I have a RED TRIANGLE upon a dead droid or a normal boot of ASUS OS
How can I flash TWRP ?!?!?!
thanks

ms07.guf

Apr 27, 2011
When I press Vol up ( after small text top left) I receive a dead opened droid with red triangle and a ! inside.
Reading around it seems that is normal for stock recovery.
How can I falsh this TWRP recovery if I have only the stock recovery ?
Instructions are not very clear :(
thanks

doppelhelix

Jan 29, 2012
Hamburg
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T

tiopalada

Oct 26, 2016
No. It's a completely different device. And a very exotic one. There's no xda forum for this device. You can search google for a german forum that achieved root. But no custom recovery and no custom ROM.

Make sure you have the right recovery.zip
Extract twrp.blob from the zip to the root of your sdcard. Open terminal and type

Code:
su
exit

Reboot the device completely till you are back in the lockscreen. While rebooting, there must be a blue/green progress-bar, indicating that the recovery is installing.
Now reboot into the new recovery

If no progress-bar was visible, open the terminal again and type
Code:
su
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3
exit
Reboot again and see the progerss bar.
Now you can boot into the new recovery.

You are a wizard, sir. I've got myself stuck with twrp 2.3.x for quite some time until I've got to your post. Thanks for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: doppelhelix

ms07.guf

Apr 27, 2011
Hello finally I understood!!!!!!
using same program 1Clickroot.bat a second time after root, you can flash CWM and make other operations.
Now I'm on KIT KASS mashmallows
too bad camera don't work good. camera application crash when I switch between fron and rear camera.
Is it a known problem? How to resolve ?
thanks

The Joat

Feb 17, 2013
MD5 does not match

I have TWRP V2.3.2.3 installed and when I try to update to 2.8.1.1 it fails with the message "E:Zip MD5 does not match. Unable to install zip."
What do I try now?
I have tried redownloading both files.
TIA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I meant to quote you, maybe you can help figure out what I can do to fix it?

If you have a functional keyboard, you may try plug the tablet into the computer and try to connect using `adb shell`.

Then, uncompress the correct recovery zip (you'll find a blob), and try this technique: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/have-no-recovery.2498628/post-46818523 (please follow thoroughly the thread, as it can be very risky).

But, if you have a TF101 (no TF101G or SL101), you can also use EasyFlasher and set it up all working again.
    If you have a functional keyboard, you may try plug the tablet into the computer and try to connect using `adb shell`.

Then, uncompress the correct recovery zip (you'll find a blob), and try this technique: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/have-no-recovery.2498628/post-46818523 (please follow thoroughly the thread, as it can be very risky).

But, if you have a TF101 (no TF101G or SL101), you can also use EasyFlasher and set it up all working again.
    I'm out of the bootloop, back where I started, tbh haven't done this in about a decade, but I'm gonna try adb. Easy Flasher doesn't seem to be able to switch the recovery, I wish it would work. I'm still on the 2.8.1.1 sl101 recovery since the touch screen wont work, the mouse works but doesnt let me slide to flash anything. My model is the tf101.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.8, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

For official change logs, see here:

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

For recent code merges, see the Omnirom gerrit here:

https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/q/proje...+status:merged

Download flashable TWRP 2.8.1.1 zip for TF101:

signed_twrp-2.8.1.1_tf101.zip

TWRP 2.8.1.1 MD5 sum for TF101:

signed_twrp-2.8.1.1_tf101.zip.md5

Download flashable TWRP-2.8.1.1 zip for TF101G:

signed_twrp-2.8.1.1_tf101g.zip

TWRP-2.8.1.1 MD5 sum for TF101G:

signed_twrp-2.8.1.1_tf101g.zip.md5

Download flashable TWRP 2.8.1.1 zip for SL101 Slider:

signed_twrp-2.8.1.1_sl101.zip

TWRP 2.8.1.1 MD5 sum
    for SL101 Slider:

signed_twrp-2.8.1.1_sl101.zip.md5

If experiencing any boot loops or you don't see the blue-green flash progress bar after you thought you just flashed a recovery, then try the suggestions from this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46806749&postcount=187

concerning dd methods to clear a stuck flag and maybe flash a recovery blob if other methods aren't working for you, particularly if you attempted to use ROM Manager or certain versions of CWM or other programs to flash this recovery.

Credits:
    Team Win Recovery Project
    josteink for tf101 device tree
    timduru for tf101 device tree
    josteink for tf101 kernel source
    OmniROM for Android 4.4.2 base
    Google for Android AOSP
    Anyone else who previously contributed to this.

In particular, many thanks to josteink who encouraged this and provided much useful information to get it going.

For more information:

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2
    TWRP Screenshots

Latest screen shots from TWRP:

Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-09-10.png Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-09-20.png Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-09-29.png

Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-09-39.png Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-09-48.png Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-09-56.png

Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-10-23.png Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-10-32.png Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-10-38.png

Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-10-50.png Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-10-59.png Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-11-11.png

Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-11-22.png Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-11-36.png Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-11-52.png

Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-12-11.png Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-12-37.png Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-12-51.png
    TWRP 2.6.3.0-7 builds available now...

The OP has been updated with download links for TWRP 2.6.3.0-7 for all three models of the 101 series. This build brings in the latest TWRP code changes (as of a couple days ago) and adds support for the dock sdcard, as requested. I have also changed the mount point display names a bit again. It works, but not quite like I expected, so to explain.

Now you will see mount points on the Mount page or if you click on the storage button on the Install page the list of storage mount options as follows:

Internal Storage (which is sdcard or /storage/sdcard0, etc. in Android)
    MicroSD (which is /storage/sdcard1, etc. in Android)
    external1 (which is the dock USB port on the upper right corner of dock, except when it's not)
    external2 (which is the dock USB port on the lower left corner of the dock, except when it's not)
    external3 (which is the dock sdcard, except when it's not)

To elaborate, if you have something plugged into all three ports / slots before booting into recovery, then all three will be available for mounting and will fall into the spots mentioned above. If you only have 1 of the three plugged in, then it uses the first spot (external1), regardless of which port / slot is physically used. If you have 2 USB drives plugged in, then they use the first 2 spots (external1, external2) with the USB port on the upper right corner of dock always coming before the other one.

If you have a USB drive and an sdcard in the dock, then the USB uses spot 1 (external1) and the dock sdcard uses spot 2 (external2). USB devices will always be before the dock sdcard when both are used at the same time. If you only have something in the dock sdcard slot when booting into recovery then it will be in spot 1 (external1) and so forth.

Internally, if all three ports / slots are used then they are (in recovery) the same as /dev/block/sda, /dev/block/sdb, and /dev/block/sdc, with these designations being used internally to mount these devices. In other words, sdc is not being used if there is nothing in sda or sdb. It always starts handing out sda first, within the guidelines presented above. Hopefully, this makes sense to everyone.

Long story short, you can now access both dock USB ports and the dock sdcard slot from within recovery, even all three at the same time. Enjoy.
    TWRP Custom Themes [10-10-2013]

I will use this post to post links to custom TWRP themes, both my own and any that users would like to provide me the links to in a PM. This first one is my first attempt at TWRP theming and is just a pretty basic, modified stock theme. It is based on the stock theme for 1280x800 devices. I know everyone won't like it, but it is my first stab at it. Have fun and if anyone would like some instructions for creating a custom theme, then hit me up with a PM and I'll try to help. It is not really difficult, just time consuming and tedious work. There are also links to guides on the twrp site for theming.

Instructions:

Just download, reboot to recovery (you are running TWRP recovery?), flash the theme zip file, reboot, and reboot to recovery again to see the results.

[EDIT] Here's a second one for you:

sidneyk-theme2.zip download link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47619656/sidneyk-theme2.zip

sidneyk-theme2.zip.md5 download link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47619656/sidneyk-theme2.zip.md5

[EDIT] Here are some screenshots taken with my camera, as I don't know any other way to get them right now:

DSCN1410.JPG

DSCN1411.JPG

DSCN1412.JPG

DSCN1414.JPG

##########################
    sidneyk TWRP custom theme zip download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47619656/sidneyk-theme.zip

sidneyk-theme MD5 sum:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47619656/sidneyk-theme.zip.md5
    TWRP-2.7.1.2 for TF101 available...

OP has been updated with new download links for TWRP-2.7.1.2 for TF101. Now built with fully optimized Sabermod 4.8.4 tool chain, kernel built with GCC-4.4.3. Now based on Omnirom 4.4.4_r1 base. See Omni gerrit for other recent merges to android_bootable_recovery for details. Enjoy!